It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exile on pain street.

Dead in Vinland is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Exiled from your village. A family disgraced. No time for despair, though. Time to roll up your sleeves and make a new home for yourselves on this strange island. Survive the hardships, manage everyday tasks, explore, interact with its curious inhabitants and face a savage foe. RPG mechanics meet non-linear storytelling in a dramatic tale shaped by your own harsh decisions.
This looks really great! Seems like my kind of a game! Wishlisted, and can't wait for the release!
micktiegs_8: April's going to be a busy one for me. First I had Frostpunk, but also [redacted] and now this!

Might leave God of War til Christmas along with the other big exclusives coming up. Not sure why I'm telling you all this... nobody reads my stuff anyway lol.
I did read that :-) And I didn't know that Frostpunk will be released in April, so thanks for the info.
Post edited March 23, 2018 by vonFreiwaldau
The art looks great, but no Linux release for a Unity3D game? You can better than that, Plug In Digital.
Post edited March 23, 2018 by shmerl
So the Steam version says an April 12th release. Should we expect the same here, since neither the game's page/card or this release article seem to indicate any date? I'll assume the pre-order discount ceases at release, but this article doesn't even state that :\ .....
micktiegs_8: April's going to be a busy one for me. First I had Frostpunk, but also [redacted] and now this!

Might leave God of War til Christmas along with the other big exclusives coming up. Not sure why I'm telling you all this... nobody reads my stuff anyway lol.
I hadn't heard of Frostpunk. Looks good. One more for the to-do pile.
ciemnogrodzianin: [Linux]
Dead in Vinland runs on the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(game_engine)]Unity engine[/url], so according to Unity Technologies a Linux version would be very easy. Sadly, in reality, it depends on whether or not the developers kept a possible release on Linux at a later date in mind... :/

In the reddit post CCCP mentioned that they ported the first game to Linux, so they've already had previous experience in the field. They might have considered it during development to make potential future work easier. But considering it and testing a game on Linux for every possible step of the way are two very different things. All in all a later release on Linux seems like a plausible outcome, but I couldn't estimate when. We'd have to wait and se how long the console versions take.

I'm also optimistic about Windows 10's capabilities of converting even more users to Linux by then. ;)
HeartsAndRainbows: ...
Their statement is quite clear. They're niche studio and Linux is niche system. Linux release would cost more than it's worth and it's understandable that they're not able to carry such additional effort...
JinseiNGC224: So the Steam version says an April 12th release. Should we expect the same here, since neither the game's page/card or this release article seem to indicate any date? I'll assume the pre-order discount ceases at release, but this article doesn't even state that :\ .....
The first trailer shows the 12th of April as the release date with both Steam and gog logos, I assume it'll be a day one release.
Looks so incomplete, you'd think games like these would gain on holding back announcement till they have more than some pre-alhpa photage...

Looks interesting, but by the time it's released it has both changed and I've forgotten about it.
JinseiNGC224: So the Steam version says an April 12th release. Should we expect the same here, since neither the game's page/card or this release article seem to indicate any date? I'll assume the pre-order discount ceases at release, but this article doesn't even state that :\ .....
NuffCatnip: The first trailer shows the 12th of April as the release date with both Steam and gog logos, I assume it'll be a day one release.
Thanks for pointing it out. GOG should still put it in text though here for ease of reference, and the game card page.
NuffCatnip: The first trailer shows the 12th of April as the release date with both Steam and gog logos, I assume it'll be a day one release.
JinseiNGC224: Thanks for pointing it out. GOG should still put it in text though here for ease of reference, and the game card page.
I agree, was asking the same question at first. :D