It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darksiders Genesis is now available for pre-order. Get it 15% off until release on December 5th.

From the dawn of creation, The Council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are The Horsemen, Nephilim who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim.

Darksiders Genesis is an action/adventure game that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the horseman Strife.
Honestly this looks good for what it tries to be and should not be compared to Darksiders 1-3, it's more of an spinoff while waiting for a new installment but a welcome one imo in fact it looks more fun than DS3.
Now, it just needs Horseman Gonads to go with Strife... in the lightning, in the rain!
Post edited October 19, 2019 by DoomSooth
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Its style looks different... AGAIN! Now, what game genre is the new Darksiders, after? Please tell me beforehand, i didn't like Darksiders 3 the least bit, compared against 2 and 1!
Strife's game is next. Strife uses guns.

So, expect a 3rd person shooter, probably something like Vanquish, if they want to keep its action-game roots.

Or maybe Gunfire will go all gun-kata and make a Bayonetta clone.

Then again, Gunfire Games just released a 3rd person souls-like shooter Remnant: From the ashes. So maybe Strife will play something like that.

Basically, any kind of shooter is good as long as it's not a cover shooter full of chest-high walls.
kud13: Strife's game is next. Strife uses guns.

So, expect a 3rd person shooter, probably something like Vanquish, if they want to keep its action-game roots.

Or maybe Gunfire will go all gun-kata and make a Bayonetta clone.

Then again, Gunfire Games just released a 3rd person souls-like shooter Remnant: From the ashes. So maybe Strife will play something like that.

Basically, any kind of shooter is good as long as it's not a cover shooter full of chest-high walls.
Thank you! Well, okay... I love shooters. But i hate dark souls...
Zergoss: This is more like an isometric RPG, similar to Diablo and Path of Exile
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Really? Nowadays, pretty much everything, gets the Diablo-clone tag, without it being justified... Is it a hack and slash, isometric, 2,5D, action-RPG, then??
Yes. At least Torchlight was great. Hope, that this will be similar, albeit some differences.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Really? Nowadays, pretty much everything, gets the Diablo-clone tag, without it being justified... Is it a hack and slash, isometric, 2,5D, action-RPG, then??
OP-2019: Yes. At least Torchlight was great. Hope, that this will be similar, albeit some differences.
From what i have seen expect more of a Gauntlet style games than an outright Diablo clone.
Cutscene still looks a bit like DS - gamplay does not. Instantly wishlisted it when I saw a new DS but now I am not even sure if I keep it wishlisted.
kud13: ...Gunfire Games just released a 3rd person souls-like shooter Remnant: From the ashes.
Thanks - I hadn't heard of it.

But... Why didn't GOG get it?

Looks like "Perfect World Entertainment" publishes the game on Steam. They seem to publish mostly online games. Maybe they don't like GOG or don't consider a GOG release to be worth the effort?

Hoping GOG didn't foolishly reject it - the Steam reviews are positive overall, and competent Souls-likes are instabuys for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/617290/Remnant_From_the_Ashes

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/remnant_from_the_ashes
Post edited October 19, 2019 by SeduceMePlz
kud13: ...Gunfire Games just released a 3rd person souls-like shooter Remnant: From the ashes.
SeduceMePlz: Thanks - I hadn't heard of it.

But... Why didn't GOG get it?

Looks like "Perfect World Entertainment" publishes the game on Steam. They seem to publish mostly online games. Maybe they don't like GOG or don't consider a GOG release to be worth the effort?

Hoping GOG didn't foolishly reject it - the Steam reviews are positive overall, and competent Souls-likes are instabuys for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/617290/Remnant_From_the_Ashes

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/remnant_from_the_ashes
I don't find the source but they've been asked several times if they'd release the game on GOG and at first they were very vague, then they said they're not planning on doing so.
Finally confirmed. Thanks GOG.

There is a lot of confusion here...

First, it is NOT a Diablo clone. Isometric != Diablo clone. For all intents and purposes, it will play just like Darksiders, only from a top-down perspective. This will not be a random loot grindfest (luckily) unlike DS2.

Second, the story will be a prequel. Pretty much no connection with the events of the first 3 games whatsoever.

This is done by some of the people who did the original DS1 and will be the first game to feature Strife as playable. It is NOT DS4 however. Strife is still going to receive his fully fledged game some time later.

All I'm hoping for is that there will actually be some meat to the game because it is currently giveing me more of a Switch or Mobile game vibes than a PC game vibes.

Had a ton of fun with DS1 and DS3, not so much with DS2 (the worst one for me so far). Hopefully this is gonna be good too.
Here's hoping they get to complete the story.
OP-2019: Yes. At least Torchlight was great. Hope, that this will be similar, albeit some differences.
ChrisGamer300: From what i have seen expect more of a Gauntlet style games than an outright Diablo clone.
Oh, thanks! That seems even more interesting :)
pferreira1983: Here's hoping they get to complete the story.
Keep on hoping since this should take place before the events of the original game according to the description.
MarkoH01: Keep on hoping since this should take place before the events of the original game according to the description.
I'm well aware of that. Let's hope then this new game does better than the third to allow a fourth game to be made.
MarkoH01: Keep on hoping since this should take place before the events of the original game according to the description.
pferreira1983: I'm well aware of that. Let's hope then this new game does better than the third to allow a fourth game to be made.
GIven THQN recently acquired Gunfire games (the ex-Vigil folks who made Darksiders III), I'm preeety sure the 4th game is happening.

Genesis is just a spin-off, made by a different team, that includes other ex-Vigil folks and Joe Mad himself, the creative director and the creator of the original 2 games. Airship Syndicate previously released BattleChasers: NightWar - a game that shares a similar art style.