It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available for pre-order. Get it 10% off until release on June 25th.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is an exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG by Koji Igarashi. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist's curse that slowly crystallizes her body. Battle through a demon-infested castle and defeat its master to save yourself, and all of humanity!
Ah it is about time we got a hold of this game glad to here its finally coming out next month. Really looking foward to it.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's a mighty hefty price for this game, and I hope these devs aren't planning to treat GOG customers like second-class citizens by not bothering to give us Achievements even though the Steam version of the same game does have Achievements.
Got that right. $40 (full price) for a platform game? OUCH! Not like there aren't already 88 jillion similar games out there already that cost way less, AND offer achievments and other goodies.
high rated
Everybody here complaining about stupid achievements wich for me are useless and just to brag about, but Steam version doesn't have cloud saves and GOG version has and that's something that sell me a game or not in most cases, and do not forget that DRM free in the times that we live in it's PRICELESS...
Post edited May 24, 2019 by Shur1k3n
Reindeer911: Got that right. $40 (full price) for a platform game? OUCH! Not like there aren't already 88 jillion similar games out there already that cost way less, AND offer achievments and other goodies.
Never played a Castlevania game, eh? They're known as the cream of the crop -- the genre's literally [half] named after them. This is done in part by the guy who did the best Castlevania games. Make better sense, now?

I'm fine with the price. I'm just waiting to see if it turns out to be an OK game or not. After a few flops of this type of "remake", and this one in particular being delayed again and again [delays are better than premature releases!], I need to see how people respond to it actually coming out.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by mqstout
Not sure about a preorder at that price, gonna wait awhile after release to see if it doesn't turn out to be a flop.
discountbuyer: Not sure about a preorder at that price, gonna wait awhile after release to see if it doesn't turn out to be a flop.
And on discount i assume ?
GOG.com: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available for pre-order. Get it 10% off until release on June 25th.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is an exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG by Koji Igarashi. Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist's curse that slowly crystallizes her body. Battle through a demon-infested castle and defeat its master to save yourself, and all of humanity!
The front page mentions a June 25 release (which is the scheduled release date for the Nintendo Switch version). The official sources however mention a June 18 release for every other platform. Which one is it?
I have a problem:

The game link just take me to the GOG home page instead of the game page, how can I buy/wishlist it if I have no access to it?
Kannushi_Link: I have a problem:

The game link just take me to the GOG home page instead of the game page, how can I buy/wishlist it if I have no access to it?
If https://www.gog.com/game/bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night doesn't work, then the store page is not set up in your region/currency yet I guess.
amok: oh my. shock and horror, a game by Japanese designers have a Japanese art style. when did the world come to this!!!!!!111!!1!!1
firstpastthepost: Not to mention the art style matches the source material they are trying to be a spiritual successor for exactly. Seems strange to complain about that.
Uh...not at all? This is (ugly) cel-shading and the Castlevania games look pretty different, especially the Kojima ones. So I partly agree with that other guy.
firstpastthepost: Not to mention the art style matches the source material they are trying to be a spiritual successor for exactly. Seems strange to complain about that.
Lucumo: Uh...not at all? This is (ugly) cel-shading and the Castlevania games look pretty different, especially the Kojima ones. So I partly agree with that other guy.
You're right about the cell-shading. I meant the Asian influence in the art design... that's what he was complaining about, not the cell shading.
"THE FUTURE

Expect a worryingly large amount of announcements and updates"

Sigh. I want this game, but I don't like that this comment is viewed as a good thing. Please take me back to "THE PAST" when games were released as a complete package. Just deflating timing to see this along with Pathologic 2 having 2/3 characters coming. Also lol that elsewhere users have complained about $39.99 for Grimoire and about it being an unfinished game, when Bloodstained is $39.99 and literally admitting on its product page that it will get a "worringly large" amount of updates. Wishlisted for now because of the developer's past reputation, not because of modern gaming schemes. If I do spend any dollars on its game, they are "voting" for 2.5D Metroidvanias, not for modern gaming practices.
I'm interested in Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, but not this.
Lucumo: Uh...not at all? This is (ugly) cel-shading and the Castlevania games look pretty different, especially the Kojima ones. So I partly agree with that other guy.
firstpastthepost: You're right about the cell-shading. I meant the Asian influence in the art design... that's what he was complaining about, not the cell shading.
Well, he complained about both: the "anime style" (whatever that is) and the art style. Since I agree with the latter (and not just here but also in the new Sakura Taisen game where they deviated from all the other games of the series), I did say I partly agree. I'm a fan of the Castlevania style (and music) and even imported a Kojima artbook which features Castlevania art, so I'm obviously not happy/interested (but I knew how it would differ in look beforehand, so I never really cared in the first place).
firstpastthepost: You're right about the cell-shading. I meant the Asian influence in the art design... that's what he was complaining about, not the cell shading.
Lucumo: Well, he complained about both: the "anime style" (whatever that is) and the art style. Since I agree with the latter (and not just here but also in the new Sakura Taisen game where they deviated from all the other games of the series), I did say I partly agree. I'm a fan of the Castlevania style (and music) and even imported a Kojima artbook which features Castlevania art, so I'm obviously not happy/interested (but I knew how it would differ in look beforehand, so I never really cared in the first place).
Fair enough. I read his comment differently. I saw it as him reaffirming his dislike of the anime style. In any case, I do agree that the cell shading isn't nearly as nice looking as the original art.