It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whether you’re a fan of the iconic book or movies, a lover of murder mysteries, or just looking for a thrilling adventure, this new proposal has something for everyone – Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express is now available to pre-order on GOG!

By pre-ordering the Standard Edition of this action-adventure detective title, you’ll receive exclusive Deluxe Edition items as a GIFT when it releases. The Game Original Soundtrack, Detective Avatars (Hercule Poirot & Joanna Locke), The Art of: Murder on the Orient Express, HD Digital Artbook, 3 HD Wallpapers – all of them will be yours.

A crime is committed on board the Orient Express. Hercule Poirot, during this trip, is surrounded by a group of singular characters, all suspects, each with their own secrets and motivations, and will then try to elucidate the murder that has just taken place.

Solving the mystery won’t be easy. Through numerous twists and turns, you will have to use your little gray cells and your detective skills to unravel the truth and bring it to light.

Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express is available to pre-order now!
Ehh, while he looks more aptly to an ex police officer turned private investigator, Suchet's Poirot is a touch too deeply burned into my brain as THE Poirot.

I'm also very sceptical about the "adapted to the modern era of 2023 with a faithful but augmented adaptation that introduces a new character named Joanna Locke" part.
Post edited September 18, 2023 by Andrzejef
Andrzejef: I'm also very sceptical about the "adapted to the modern era of 2023 with a faithful but augmented adaptation that introduces a new character named Joanna Locke" part.
I honestly don't care about the introduction of a new character (or even several new characters).

Indeed, I wish they would create wholly new cases (as they did - to my knowledge - with "The First Cases" and "The London Case"?)

My knowledge about the "whodunnit" of the classical cases, is my main reason not to buy any of these games, that are based on the "real" stories of Agatha Christie.

Even if they may have changed the perpetrator(s) for the game(s)...it's still "The ABC-Murders" and "Murder on the Orient Express"...and that's the crux of these games' problems:

if I see a certain (known to me) case's title, I automatically have certain expectations towards that title.
Yet - at the same time - I lose interest, because I "know" already what happens in that case (in general)...

Sorry, Microids...it's not your fault - it's my fault...but you can't really win this - as long as you're not creating completely new cases (be it with Poirot, Miss Marple, or any of the other protagonists of Christie's stories (Mr. Satterthwaite, P. Pyne, Tommy and Tuppence, etc).
The women looks like she's holding a mobile phone, I hope they keep this in one tech era.
David9855: The women looks like she's holding a mobile phone, I hope they keep this in one tech era.
I'm sure they do...
Attachments:
Post edited September 18, 2023 by BreOl72
The existence of this fourth part of the series makes the existence of the bundle which includes both part one and two even more questionable than part three did.

Also I am not happy that they changed the era between this and the previous games.
Post edited September 18, 2023 by neumi5694
Kenneth Branagh of Alternative Reality?
"adapted to the modern era of 2023 with a faithful but augmented adaptation"

sigh

Just... go away.
Breja: "adapted to the modern era of 2023 with a faithful but augmented adaptation"

sigh

Just... go away.
hehehe , what does that mean? is he a she now? stronk and independent ? or just gay? :O
Breja: "adapted to the modern era of 2023 with a faithful but augmented adaptation"

sigh

Just... go away.
Orkhepaj: hehehe , what does that mean? is he a she now? stronk and independent ? or just gay? :O
Why not all four?

I wouldn't judge it before playing it though. Could be a breath of fresh air?
I don't mind a modern adaptation, these stories were never meant to be fixed. Even if the Orient Express certainly does not fit into modern times, the TV show playing in 'modern' times was done quite well.

What I don't like is that they changed the setting after three games ...

... and that they release the games with only short intervals between them. That is usually not a good sign for good story telling and riddle design.
neumi5694: Even if the Orient Express certainly does not fit into modern times [...]
It's still rolling...
https://www.ameropa.de/bahn-erlebnisreisen/europa/venice-simplon-orient-express
This guy in the picture looks like a Magnum detective : ) I will give it a chance, it's my fav Agatha's crime story.
Post edited September 20, 2023 by Seb3.7