It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any fans of Agatha Christie’s famous Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot? Because if you are one of them we have some excellent news…

You can now pre-order Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The London Case with a -10% launch discount!

In this point-and-click detective-mystery adventure from Microids we will once again take on the role of the famous Hercule Poirot, as he joins forces with Lloyd’s of London to ensure the transportation, protection, and sale of a valuable painting of Mary Magdalene. But it wouldn’t be a detective-mystery if everything went according to plan, would it? We will find out soon enough on GOG!

Pre-order now with a special discount, and get ready for the release on August 29th, 2023!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOy5QmmIlO4
No info about gamepad support? I was thinking about pre-ordering because i liked the first part a lot, but I'd like to know this first.
Woodwine22: No info about gamepad support? I was thinking about pre-ordering because i liked the first part a lot, but I'd like to know this first.
Why on Earth would you want to play a point & click game with a gamepad? That's like trying to write with a letter with a sponge soaked in ink.
Woodwine22: No info about gamepad support? I was thinking about pre-ordering because i liked the first part a lot, but I'd like to know this first.
Breja: Why on Earth would you want to play a point & click game with a gamepad? That's like trying to write with a letter with a sponge soaked in ink.
Well, i played its predecessor and it was perfectly suited to be played with gamepads. If this game is similar to its predecessor - and it pretty much looks like it - then I'd like to play it the same way. Furthermore, the first game was released on consoles, and this game will be released on consoles as well.
I have enjoyed the franchise so far, I'm excited to see the new installment coming here.
Woodwine22: Well, i played its predecessor and it was perfectly suited to be played with gamepads. If this game is similar to its predecessor - and it pretty much looks like it - then I'd like to play it the same way. Furthermore, the first game was released on consoles, and this game will be released on consoles as well.
I never really felt point and click titles were suited to consoles.
Woodwine22: Well, i played its predecessor and it was perfectly suited to be played with gamepads. If this game is similar to its predecessor - and it pretty much looks like it - then I'd like to play it the same way. Furthermore, the first game was released on consoles, and this game will be released on consoles as well.
pferreira1983: I never really felt point and click titles were suited to consoles.
I'm not talking about point and click adventures in general. I'm talking about this specific game. It is not a typical point and click adventure, if you compare it to classics like Broken Sword or The Longest Journey. It is well suited to be played with gamepads.
Woodwine22: I'm not talking about point and click adventures in general. I'm talking about this specific game. It is not a typical point and click adventure, if you compare it to classics like Broken Sword or The Longest Journey. It is well suited to be played with gamepads.
I mean it derives from the same genre, just the fact they've built it around gamepads instead of using a mouse.
The new generation of adventures works for both.
I still find gamepad controls usually quite clunky, but the 3D environment makes navigating with a gamepad more comfortable.

Remember the first 3D point & click adventures. Where The Westerner used small rooms and a a fixed camera which could only rotate a bit, it was freely positionable in Gabriel 3, which didn't work well at all.
Gamepad controls came with the games of the Grim Fandango generation and have a improved a lot since then.

Btw, I found Broken Sword 5 best to be played on a touch screen, that felt better than mouse controls.