It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: You've spoken with my family?
tinyE: What, they thought Orson Welles was a fucking idiot too? :P
Citizen Kane was alright, but I feel it has very limited replay value. There are a lot of good movies that are great for one viewing, but just not the kind of thing you want to watch again and again.

An example of a movie that is very good the first time you see it, but has limited replay value would be "Taxi Driver".
An example (for me) of a movie with high replay value is "Aliens".
TARFU: Citizen Kane was alright, but I feel it has very limited replay value. There are a lot of good movies that are great for one viewing, but just not the kind of thing you want to watch again and again.
That wasn't really my point. Regardless if you like it or hate it, it is considered a classic. When it was being made Welles had to use his own money because everyone and their mother said it would never work.

"Aliens" though is another good example. A lot of folks told Cameron making it was career suicide.

I'm really just pointing out as a reply to LootHunter's post that using the argument "it won't fit" is total bullshit.
zeogold: You've spoken with my family?
I have no idea how to cleverly respond to this, so I'll just use this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA
zeogold: I have no idea how to cleverly respond to this, so I'll just use this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA
I am amused.
tinyE: "Aliens" though is another good example.
I'm really just pointing out as a reply to LootHunter's post that using the argument "it won't fit" is total bullshit.
Concept of "Aliens" won't fit into "Alien" sequel. LOL
LootHunter: You miss the point here. It's not inherently bad that people try to make film differ from tv show. The question is if the whole concept of Power Rangers (teenage team with superpowers kicking ass of cosmic villain) can be made into serious sci-fi.
Burton's Batman (as you've been told already) was capitalizing on the darkness already tested in comics. In case of Power Rangers they just try darker tones without a thought if it fits.
We don't know that yet, and we'll have to wait to see the movie to find out. There's no reason it can't fit, the question is how well will it be done? Besides, I think fans are really overreacting - just because it's not 150% campy and no longer looks like made of trash and spit by drunk 7 year old doesn't mean it's super serious and tries to be hard sf. There's a lot of room in between.
I am hoping that we get a genre deconstruction, similar to Madoka Magica. Probably better for a television series than a movie, though.

Anyhow, the trailer itself: The setting is too dark and dramatic from the get-go. We should be getting average teenagers (with attitude), who are dropped into a situation that initially looks cheery before reality begins to sink in. Less Twilight and M-Transformers, please. That is my $2.
Breja: no longer looks like made of trash and spit by drunk 7 year old
First of all the tv show was not trash. Yes, it was cheap looking, but not trash level of cheap.

Second
Breja: We don't know that yet, and we'll have to wait to see the movie to find out.
For all we know, the trailer could have nothing to do with the actual movie. (Disney btw had some trailers that showed footage not appeared in movies.) So if we follow that logic we can't say anything, until the movie is released.
Breja: There's no reason it can't fit, the question is how well will it be done? Besides, I think fans are really overreacting
The reason is the trailer. It shows some misfit teenagers (hinting that we'll get some school drama) and bombastic background music and narrative, setting expectation of someting like Pacific Rim, no less. And that is not what fans expect, so that's why they react to the trailer so negatively.
Will the movie appease non-fans? That's remainis to be seen. But I doubt that. Because while you say that trailer
Breja: doesn't mean it's super serious and tries to be hard sf. There's a lot of room in between.
There was no humor shown.
Breja: no longer looks like made of trash and spit by drunk 7 year old
LootHunter: First of all the tv show was not trash. Yes, it was cheap looking, but not trash level of cheap.
Uhm... ok, I think we're done here :D
LootHunter: First of all the tv show was not trash. Yes, it was cheap looking, but not trash level of cheap.
Breja: Uhm... ok, I think we're done here :D
I must still be asleep.
Breja: Uhm... ok, I think we're done here :D
tinyE: I must still be asleep.
Taht mug uoy ekil si gniog ot emoc kcab ni elyts.
tinyE: I must still be asleep.
Breja: Taht mug uoy ekil si gniog ot emoc kcab ni elyts.
Thanks, I'll have the lasagna.
I finally understand how all those Transformers, Ninja Turtles and Jem fans feel... this looks TERRIBLE.