It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Action, stealth, and dark sense of humor - the upcoming game from @unepic_fran has all that and more! Now you can play the first level of the game with UnMetal demo for free to see if you’re up to the task.
For Thursday release it's kind of disappointing...
Pretty funny, gave me a good laugh, but I hate the controls.
SylvanFae: For Thursday release it's kind of disappointing...
yeah the past couple of weeks have been a bit 'subdued.'

not bad mind you, just not deus ex, dungeon seige, wolfenstein, dishonnored, the evil within good.
low rated
Swissy88: Pretty funny, gave me a good laugh, but I hate the controls.
Humor either is or isn't your thing imo.

Gogs been dying for a while now, needs some life in the old thing. Only so many copies of BG1 and 2 and Heroes 3 you can sell.
David9855: Gogs been dying for a while now, needs some life in the old thing. Only so many copies of BG1 and 2 and Heroes 3 you can sell.
I don't understand. GOG had some good releases just recently. Can't see them dying.
Then again ... some might consider games "good" that others dislike and call them "bad". I wonder when this "good/bad" categorization will ever stop and people will finally understand that this is subjective.
Post edited July 02, 2020 by MarkoH01
Swissy88: Pretty funny, gave me a good laugh, but I hate the controls.
David9855: Humor either is or isn't your thing imo.

Gogs been dying for a while now, needs some life in the old thing. Only so many copies of BG1 and 2 and Heroes 3 you can sell.
Humor isn't my thing, or is, because I think it's funny? What does that even mean.
Yes my apologize as I could of made things clearer and just woke up.

Swissy88: I meant that the humor in the game is a feature either people like or don't like- not going to go well with people who want a serious game.

MarkoH01: I do understand there has been Desperados ect. but for the most part I feel Gog hasn't had anything exclusive or fireworks style to their site lately, add to this canceling such things as the Gog downloader in favor of just Galaxy and you have a lot of restless people who don't want to use a client.
David9855: ..., add to this canceling such things as the Gog downloader in favor of just Galaxy and you have a lot of restless people who don't want to use a client.
Yes, you are right. I am one of these people... anyway, I will try this demo as soon as I got home. :D
David9855: Yes my apologize as I could of made things clearer and just woke up.

Swissy88: I meant that the humor in the game is a feature either people like or don't like- not going to go well with people who want a serious game.

MarkoH01: I do understand there has been Desperados ect. but for the most part I feel Gog hasn't had anything exclusive or fireworks style to their site lately, add to this canceling such things as the Gog downloader in favor of just Galaxy and you have a lot of restless people who don't want to use a client.
Here i'm gonna break my silence again to state the obvious.

Frankly, gog lately hasn't felt right at all. It could partially be just the downtime in comparison to a few really, really good up times for gog (the VN exodus from steam to here [regardless of what you think of them], bethesda games coming here, and a whole slew of other major surprises). GOG has earned this reputation for curation that no one has been able to understand, outside of what appears to be closed door contract dealings. Some indie devs find gog easy to work with and publish to, then you get other devs that find it almost impossible to not be "too niche." I haven't been following as much anymore to see what games are still getting rejected, but some of the things we're seeing (COVID? Reelly?) just seem like it belongs more on itch.io (not to say that itch has nothing but trahs on it, but let's be honest, I could probably get my HTML5 catgame [literally just a mouse i made in MSpaint moving all over the screen] demo published there, and i made that just to show my GF how things like smilebasic can be used to make simple yet fun games).

But, the main reason to respond is that, well, as much as i hate galaxy, gogdownloader was a client in it's own way. Alot of sites have downloaders, and honestly, using the web interface or using gogrepo is good enough for the most of us. There is actual demand from devs for something similar to steamapi, and that means developing a client. No matter how much we hate things going like that, that is the industry, and we can blame ourselves, even many of us here at gog, for that ('cause there's so much a group of dedicated people could do to change that, especially if you know coding). GOG did change how the site worked so it wasn't pushing the galaxy client on us nearly as hard as it was before.

We all know how gog has felt this pain around the same time that the unmentionable crowd waged a political campaign against gog and it's staff, possibly even some users. This, too, is our fault for letting GOG feel that we're OK with how it was caving under pressure. In the west we have a huge problem with virtue signalling and heat of the moment politics, and especially how corporate capitalism is affected by this type of bullying. How much damage has been done by gog's decision to reject games (which clearly landed gog as one of the lowest reviewed storefriends by devs/pubs, iirc, 'cause i saw something about it posted here before), and how much of it has been the politics (where if you have to pander it's too late to save yourself from damage)? I get the impression that gog is hurting, but i can't place my finger on specifically what it is, 'cause revenue is going up. My mentality at this point is to just backup my collection once every month or so using gogrepo and just hope that i can buy the coolest of things before it goes down, but also hope that maybe gog is just in a rut that it'll get out of soon enough.
high rated
Guys, there's Steam Summer Sale draining the wallets right now, don't expect anything spectacular at least until it's over, there's no point trying to compete these days, it would just be wasted opportunities for GOG.
Alexim: Guys, there's Steam Summer Sale draining the wallets right now, don't expect anything spectacular at least until it's over, there's no point trying to compete these days, it would just be wasted opportunities for GOG.
This makes a lot of sense, many publishers may be hesitant to release a game during a Mega sale on another site, or GOG may be hesitant to have a release during a Steam mega sale as if the game doesn't sell well on it's release the publisher may decide that GOG isn't financially viable for them.
Alexim: Guys, there's Steam Summer Sale draining the wallets right now, don't expect anything spectacular at least until it's over, there's no point trying to compete these days, it would just be wasted opportunities for GOG.
I don't have a Steam account, so don't count me ^_^
That's a good point, though I'd be curious if previous years' data shows the same thing or not - few "big deal" releases during the Steam Summer Sale. (just waiting TR Legend and Anniv, unless that was it for more Squeenix and we have to wait until 2025 for more *whistles*)
David9855: MarkoH01: I do understand there has been Desperados ect. but for the most part I feel Gog hasn't had anything exclusive or fireworks style to their site lately, add to this canceling such things as the Gog downloader in favor of just Galaxy and you have a lot of restless people who don't want to use a client.
It's just going to keep getting harder for GOG to get "exclusive" games now that publishers are putting everything on Steam or their own store, I don't think we can fault them for that.

We have very vocal forum people talking about the downloader, but if only like 2% or less of users were still using the downloader, it makes sense to not want to spend resources continuing to update it. Maybe someday we'll get data on this.

Do GOG's facts not care about our feelings, or do our feelings not care about the GOG's facts? hmmm. feelings > facts
Post edited July 02, 2020 by tfishell
wolfsite: This makes a lot of sense, many publishers may be hesitant to release a game during a Mega sale on another site, or GOG may be hesitant to have a release during a Steam mega sale as if the game doesn't sell well on it's release the publisher may decide that GOG isn't financially viable for them.
Except gog doesn't choose release dates, pubs do. If a game's coming out on steam and GOG, which most likely it would if it comes to GOG at all, they just aren't going to get the sales on GOG by putting it off. Steam gets al lthe revenue instead, and GOG gains nothing. It's not like gog has a government assigned limit on how many games per year it can accept or something like that. GOG has nothing to loose.
Post edited July 02, 2020 by kohlrak