It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The biggest update yet.

<span class="bold">Planet Nomads</span>, a sci-fi building and exploration sandbox, has just received its biggest update since Alpha! To celebrate, the game's going on sale at 20% off for one week, until August 25, 10 AM UTC.
Update 0.7 "Awakening" brings huge improvements to the in-development production by Craneballs, including:

Faster performance – with 4x faster terrain generation, you'll be able to see farther and your exploration will be smoother.
Better flora and fauna – more animal variety with far better AI, plus deadly flora, will add a taste of danger and curiosity to your planetary adventures.
A whole new starting biome, crash sites full of loot and mystery, weapon improvements and more…

To see everything that's new, check out the pretty helpful infographic and learn more about the update <span class="bold">here</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
Looking good.

Added to the wishlist for now.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by Themken
I tried it yesterday and actually didn't notice that much difference (compared to 0.6.13, not to original release).

- my last planet was already pretty good in terms of chasms and being car-friendly
- nuclear-powered cars are as nonviable as ever (that won't stop me from trying yet again! I just have to think where I could cram one more wheel. Or dozen more...)
- I crossed about 1/4 of planet diameter (over south pole back to mild climate zone) and didn't encounter any crash sites or other mysteries. They are supposed to show on radar when I'm close, but seem to be rather rare. Or they are more frequent near equator and I chose wrong direction to start my exploration run

One significant improvement i did notice was the terrain generation speed. Trees and rocks don't pop up in the middle of my car anymore when driving at 70 kph. And no chasms means safe underwater voyages in my amphibian buggy.

This is only based on about 3 hours I tried it yesterday, and large part of it was rebuilding, not exploring. I still have to get out of safety of my car and poke some animal herds with a rifle, for example. Overall not a revolution, more like a nice evolution of already nice sandbox. 60 hours in-game and counting.
Performance improvements are always a good thing, but it's still just a tad too expensive for me at the moment.
Here's hoping for a 50% off sale soon-ish.
It's a very nice update. Before the update, every planet I made had chasms all over. Most of which I didn't notice. I got in the habit of bringing spare material to make a new car when I fell in one because trying to wench it out was useless.

The crash sites are interesting. I haven't found any with interesting loot, just datapads with journal entries.

I think the thing I noticed the most was the hostile plants. Took me awhile to figure out whey I kept getting poisoned in random spots.

Overall, a huge quality of life improvement.
Smannesman: Performance improvements are always a good thing, but it's still just a tad too expensive for me at the moment.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. 50% off comes usually half a year or more after game RELEASE, for bad games. This is nowhere near released (and not a bad game either). Also, from in-dev FAQ

Will the price change on release day?
The general idea is to keep raising the price as the game grows with features and content, until full release. We're not able to state the exact numbers at this point, nor the timing, but it's safe to say that for the best bang for your buck, it's best to get in early.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by huan
I keep thinking that GOG has Project Nomads, whenever I see the title of this game.
Just a few questions :)

1) Does it perform better meanwhile?
2) Does it get regular updates on GOG as on Steam?
3) How does it run on Linux?
Woolytoes: Just a few questions :)

I'm not sure I understand the question. Yes it performs better now than it did in 0.6.13. On land. When driving underwater I still have rocks appear split second before I run into them. The underwater flora does the same, but at least those don't cause collisions.
Woolytoes: 2) Does it get regular updates on GOG as on Steam?
One of the most regularly updated games I have ever owned. Every thursday evening, same time as on steam. Well, except last thursday, which they properly announced.
Woolytoes: 3) How does it run on Linux?
No idea, didn't try yet. No native linux binary, winehq appdb doesn't say anything either.
Woolytoes: Just a few questions :)

huan: I'm not sure I understand the question. Yes it performs better now than it did in 0.6.13. On land. When driving underwater I still have rocks appear split second before I run into them. The underwater flora does the same, but at least those don't cause collisions.
One of the most critics I have read is about the performance of the game. That it is like ARK performancewise.
Woolytoes: 2) Does it get regular updates on GOG as on Steam?
huan: One of the most regularly updated games I have ever owned. Every thursday evening, same time as on steam. Well, except last thursday, which they properly announced.
Sounds good :)
Woolytoes: 3) How does it run on Linux?
huan: No idea, didn't try yet. No native linux binary, winehq appdb doesn't say anything either.
You want find much in the WIneHQ AppDB as there is a native Linux Binary available. But I found what I wanted to know here: GamingOnLinux - Planet Nomads has a huge update named "Awakening" adding more animals, crash sites and more

Thanks for your answer :)
Smannesman: Performance improvements are always a good thing, but it's still just a tad too expensive for me at the moment.
what 16 bucks is to expensive for you really
Woolytoes: You want find much in the WIneHQ AppDB as there is a native Linux Binary available. But I found what I wanted to know here: GamingOnLinux - Planet Nomads has a huge update named "Awakening" adding more animals, crash sites and more

Thanks for your answer :)
Interesting, thanks for the correction. This should teach me to not write on forums still half asleep, or at least double check my "facts".
freeasadog: what 16 bucks is to expensive for you really
For some of us, yes, it is. Some of us pay out $1,800/month in medical bills and picking up a game here is a treat.

You may want to consider writing in complete sentences. This ain't Twitter.
Last time I read into it it was a non customizable male protagonist but with customization and gender choice... considered? In development? Anyway; any progress in that regard?
Still waiting to insta-buy this once it's released out of InDev!