It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks a lot for Pyre and congrats to other winners!
Thank you bjgamer for the giveaway and congratulations to the winners!
Once more thanks to bjgamer, and to the mighty random.org penguin powers, and congrats to the other winners!
Thanks bjgamer for your generosity and congrats to the winners!
Happy Holidays!
Congrats to all the winners and merry christmas to everyone!
Thank you, bjgamer, for this great giveaway and awesome gift. in my experience, the Pharaoh have already ruled penguins, now it's time for Huangdi to step in!
Congrats to the winners and happy holidays to everyone!

Pouyou-pouyou: If you bought a ryzen cpu, know that it can perfectly work on a win 7 install and have access to the windows update.
thank you, I'm aware of that patch, but still not sure about overall system stability.
and anyway, this topic should encourage people to use Linux, not to clinge to Win7 as long as possible =D
cheers!

gogtrial34987: gmusicbrowser is fully customizable with layouts, and comes with several minimal ones out of the box (see the "tray tip layouts" at the bottom of that page).
Gede: You may want to look at installing KDE.
I would suggest you took a nice Plasma live distro and try it for a bit, see if you can make it work your way. Say, neon.kde.org or www.kubuntu.org.
thank you very much, I'll look up your recommendations. such a brilliant idea, those live distros are. (=
Post edited December 23, 2018 by DedIago
Thank You and Merry Christmas BJGamer, you're a credit to the forum buddy
Thanks bjgamer, not just for this giveaway but also your previous giveaways in 2018.

Have a great holiday season!
Congrats to the winners and bjgamer for the giveaway!
Thanks to Bigamer for the giveaway and all the advice from expert users!
DedIago: thank you very much, I'll look up your recommendations. such a brilliant idea, those live distros are. (=
They sure help Linux spread. A quick, no compromise, no side-effects[*] look at Linux. Hardware not working properly? Want to see if it is a software problem? See if it misbehaves with Linux. Want to choose a disto? Try a few of them. Want to check out Linux on your machine? No problem, have an instant go! Windows nuked your MBR? Forgot your login password? Need to test the consistency of your root filesystem? So many uses!

The idea is great, yes, but many times ago people would boot their PC from floppy disks. That it can be implemented (so well!), there lies the beauty!

[*] A forensic professional told me this was not always true a few years ago. Some live distros did leave traces on the hard disk, so they needed to use a hardware solution too. And then there was that DVD writer oops a few years back...
RickyAndersen: Hopefully by the time I finish I understand enough technical terminology to not make a fool of myself when asking questions.
The bad question is the question not asked :) Don't worry, asking is part of learning.