It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready for this sci-fi simulation game? You better be, because Between the Stars is now out in its full glory, coming out of early access!

Between the Stars is a space action game with RPG growth and real time combat that places you at the helm of an interstellar cruiser. Your mission will be to protect the civilized world from the Children of the Sun, a faction that dominates border planets in the known universe. In order to undertake your mission you must cross the galaxy, face new challenges at each warp jump, and make difficult decisions that affect your ship, crew and the world that surrounds you while upgrading your ship's equipment and fighting in battles to survive.

Now on GOG!
Wow, at this rate maybe even Stellar Tactics will hit 1.0!
Now if only there was somewhere to buy Stars!

Because last I checked, registrations used a very byzantine system of "email Carl and hope he gets back to you.", but Carl's desk has been empty long enough that even the cobwebs have moved out.
Nice game! Almost forgot it was on my library
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: Now if only there was somewhere to buy Stars!

Because last I checked, registrations used a very byzantine system of "email Carl and hope he gets back to you.", but Carl's desk has been empty long enough that even the cobwebs have moved out.
You can still play the shareware version with the Silicanoids having an unfair advantage over any other races ;)
No sound in the trailer...

I gather that they kept the procedural generation and random events in the final version too? :/
Good to see a lot of these games coming out of EA lately! As for Stellar Tactics...it's a one Dev show, so not surprising that it is still in dev.....
Post edited March 07, 2024 by allope
allope: Good to see a lot of these games coming out of EA lately! As for Stellar Tactics...it's a one Dev show, so not surprising that it is still in dev.....
What is more surprising is that said dev is active on the sub-forum. Many abandon GoG altogether...
Lone_Scout: Nice game! Almost forgot it was on my library
Is it? The reviews are not particularly favorable.
I have kept this one on my wishlist for what seems like an eternity.
Post edited March 08, 2024 by Atlo
allope: Good to see a lot of these games coming out of EA lately! As for Stellar Tactics...it's a one Dev show, so not surprising that it is still in dev.....
Atlo: What is more surprising is that said dev is active on the sub-forum. Many abandon GoG altogether...
Atlo: Is it? The reviews are not particularly favorable.
I get what you are saying...and would agree with you (or not) on a case by case basis. But, for ST in particular, the dev states that some things may not work...are bugs..etc. That is like most games in EA, right? When I play that particular game, sure, I have problems but I accept it as the game is not finished. I think "No Man's Sky" was terrible when it came out, but it seems to have improved from what I have heard.

There is a saying I saw in the GOG forum that I always remember: "A rushed game is forever bad. A delayed game might be good forever."
Post edited March 08, 2024 by allope
Atlo: Is it? The reviews are not particularly favorable.
Not a bad one, at least.
In terms of space combat it's OK, although there are some better games in this aspect tbh, and the ship/crew management part is simpler than you'd expect at first sight, but I like how some of the encounters/events in this game are shown, reminding of a CYOA or a board game, including some dice rolls.
With the current discount or a bit cheaper, it's worth giving it a try.
I am glad it is finally somewhat "complete", as i had this game in my collection for several years already but never really played it. Guess now is the right time doing so.
Awesome - congrats to the devs for achieving the 1.0 release! =)