It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Better get ready for this news – Anvil Saga, a medieval management sim with RPG elements, is now coming out of early access and releasing in its full glory!

In this game, you’ll be tasked with transforming a rundown blacksmith's workshop into a prosperous business. Deal with local bandits, merchants, priests, and French and English soldiers. Supervise a diverse workforce with unique quirks, enhance facilities and tools to craft superior goods, decorate your smithy to allure high-paying customers, and, above all, try to avoid losing your head… Literally.

Now on GOG – and with a -30% launch discount until December 5th, 1 PM UTC!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5POReSB4Os
GOG.com: Out of Early Access: Anvil Saga
Looks nice enough.
And hey: it comes with Santa, Robin Hood, Batman, etc.,...what more can you wish for, in an "historically accurate-ish blacksmith sim"?

;)
So, the protagonist can have a two-hands specialization? Nice!
Nice! I've been looking forward to Anvil Saga leaving early access! I better play this next then! :)
Cant remember who recommended i keep an eye on this one...
Regarding your question about saving progress, the process might vary depending on the version of the game you have from GOG. Typically, in GOG games, saving and loading can be done through the in-game menu.