It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not bad, but I would buy this one instead - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487066&cm_re=nvidia_970-_-14-487-066-_-Product

Faster, cheaper and more energy efficient. ;)
xckx: Awesome, thanks for the recommendations guys. I will probably try Skyrim again with real world textures and other graphical mods. My last card was a GTX 570 when I played Skyrim. I don't have the metro redux games but i will keep an eye out for a sale.
Spinorial: Actually, the Metro 2033 might be even better if you have it. The older engine is not as well optimised, plus it's up for debate whether the game looks worse.
I was thinking the same, it's so badly optimized that it was used for a long time as a benchmark (like GTA IV), but personally I won't use it, because it was really so badly optimized (like GTA IV :P) that even now it may tamper the results with its poor performance with unstable FPS in Ultra settings in any card. But I guess if you can get over 60 FPS all the time in Ultra, then your card is a serious beast... (O_O)

It's like taking a wildhog to walk in the park. It's going to be messy... (:P)
Post edited September 20, 2014 by Azrael360
xckx: Awesome, thanks for the recommendations guys. I will probably try Skyrim again with real world textures and other graphical mods. My last card was a GTX 570 when I played Skyrim. I don't have the metro redux games but i will keep an eye out for a sale.
Waiting for a sale is a good idea for Metro Redux games because no matter how much work went into the games its still just a graphics enhancement mainly for which the asking price is too high at the moment. You can still try older games on max settings like Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider which would also give you a good idea of your new GPU's performance. Here is a list from earlier this year highlighting 10 graphically demanding games.

http://www.maximumpc.com/10_most_graphically_demanding_pc_games
stg83: Waiting for a sale is a good idea for Metro Redux games because no matter how much work went into the games its still just a graphics enhancement mainly for which the asking price is too high at the moment. You can still try older games on max settings like Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider which would also give you a good idea of your new GPU's performance. Here is a list from earlier this year highlighting 10 graphically demanding games.

Thanks for the list. I also hope it can handle GTA V like a boss.
stg83: Waiting for a sale is a good idea for Metro Redux games because no matter how much work went into the games its still just a graphics enhancement mainly for which the asking price is too high at the moment. You can still try older games on max settings like Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider which would also give you a good idea of your new GPU's performance. Here is a list from earlier this year highlighting 10 graphically demanding games.

xckx: Thanks for the list. I also hope it can handle GTA V like a boss.
You don't need to hope, it will :)) But you should give a try Icenhancer 3.0 enb for GTA IV.
Post edited September 20, 2014 by lemuria
high rated
Greed: Black Border (Steam gift link from Indie Gala)

First to reply with "I want it" gets the game.
xckx: Thanks for the list. I also hope it can handle GTA V like a boss.
No problem, I am also optimistically hoping that the delay to next year January for the PC version is because they want to optimize it properly. Rockstar should follow Max Payne 3 instead of GTA IV as far as optimization goes which would then make it run smoothly on all good graphics cards like yours. :)
xckx: Greed: Black Border (Steam gift link from Indie Gala)

I want it
high rated
fehag: I want it
PM sent. Enjoy!
fehag: I want it
xckx: PM sent. Enjoy!
Thanks, activated. You're awesome.
high rated
xckx: PM sent. Enjoy!
fehag: Thanks, activated. You're awesome.
You're welcome.
high rated
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (Steam gift link from Indie Gala)

Xckx so close to 1000 rep :P
xckx: Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (Steam gift link from Indie Gala)

I want it. thank you.
high rated
seikus: I want it. thank you.
PM sent. Enjoy!