It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I'd like to see polls when situations like these arise. I honestly think that Linko's tweets could not possibly offend more than a handful of people who have an impossibly low offence threshold.

Appeasing tiny fringe groups that do nothing other than watch twitter for things that they could throw a fit about sounds like a terrible idea.

As others have mentioned, i'd appretiate a comment about the situation from the people involved in the decision. Maybe i don't have enough information, maybe there's some more and severe transgressions in play, but from what i've seen it's about using a certain hashtag that fits the tweet but is also used by others for different things.

If that really is all that is to it then this whole situation is worrysome to put it mildly.
high rated
I don't see how the tweets are offensive. I don't see how the tweets are of hate speech. I don't see how the tweets are threatening the existence of the minority group.

Removing people from their posts due to something as silly as people getting offended by tweets is asinine. Your management folks might wanna reflect on themselves before making such a decision.
totally agree, i love CDPR/GOG but dont lets tweets from SJW force your hand.
they're an hysterical bunch and will let fly and any little thing. its also a slippery slope, so whats next?
low rated
CLOCKWORKJET: i love CDPR/GOG
Obviously

You've been here over two years and have bought two whole games! :P

Such adoration goes beyond mere words!
Post edited November 08, 2018 by tinyE
CLOCKWORKJET: i love CDPR/GOG
tinyE: Obviously

haha fair enough, im more a CDPR fan than a GOG fan, but still i dont have anywhere near as many games on steam as you have on gog.
but for someone with so many games, you dont seem to play any of them?
and you dont have any friends on GOG? what gives?
CLOCKWORKJET: but for someone with so many games, you dont seem to play any of them?
He probably doesn't use Galaxy at all that's why his playtime is 0. I gave up on Galaxy after a few days
Desmight: Sadly, I always expect things like these to get worse over time. Every "SJWs vs TrueGamerz" episode in this forum has been followed by several threads getting nuked and a lot of people getting suspended (or more). I hope things go better this time, but I've got a bad feeling about this.
MarkoH01: I count on the intelligence of people to see when their arguments are productive or rather destructive and I say it again: this thread was never meant to be a "we hate GOG" or "SJW against gamers" thread. It is a support thread.
The only problem is that some people regardless of their intelligence can simply refuse to see anything that goes against their worldview. For them if you support one side that means you are the enemy to another.
Folks, it isn't about SJWs and snowflakes and such. It's about professional incompetence in a Public Relations position for a retail outlet. It's about positive reinforcement of your store's mission and image, while not trying to make headlines by potentially stepping on the toes of others.

If I had an employee in a PR position who was putting out content that caused negative reactions in the current environment of social media, that employee would be given one warning and then fired at the second instance. In this case, gOg was more lax than I would be. A game store's business message is about selling products and services. A PR person needs to work towards that, period. Causing negative publicity - whether you agree with the message or not - is counter to selling stuff and making a profit.

For those questioning the decision of management, I invite you to start your own business and put out posts similar to those that garnered negative publicity. Then let us know how it works out. Just the time spent dealing with the aftermath makes it not worth the hassle, let alone the potential lost sales.

I know, someone will chime in "They lost MY future sales because of their decision!" And we have no idea how many sales were lost because of the initial public reactions, so they got the double whammy out of one tweet. "Well, those people aren't gamers anyway!" You don't know that, and for sure you don't want their first exposure to the store to be a negative one. The point is, if the PR people do their job right in the first place then they won't lose sales from either side, because with good PR efforts, stuff like this does not happen in the first place. Well, that ship sailed and the company was forced to deal with it, costing time and effort that could be better spent elsewhere.

Someone in that position really ought to know how social media works, and how it can turn a joke into a firestorm. The moderation part was okay, so I'll support that. The efforts at PR were damaging and counter-productive.
high rated
I just watched TheQuartering video about Linko90's firing on BitChute.
[url=]https://www.bitchute.com/video/A0PIujOPB4Q/[/url]

GOG, bending the knee to the artificially outraged only encourages them to continue attacking people. Firing Linko90 was not only cruel to him/her, but also encourages the outrage mob to seek out new victims.
high rated
HereForTheBeer: If I had an employee in a PR position who was putting out content that caused negative reactions in the current environment of social media, that employee would be given one warning and then fired at the second instance. In this case, gOg was more lax than I would be. A game store's business message is about selling products and services. A PR person needs to work towards that, period. Causing negative publicity - whether you agree with the message or not - is counter to selling stuff and making a profit.
That depends. If GOG had no social media policy and basically told their PR to post edgy stuff and generate buzz then it's hardly the fault of the PR person when that happens. Far to many unkowns to make any kind of determination here. It's possible GOG has a strong social media policy and Linko didn't adhere to it, and it's also possible GOG didn't and left their empoyee to basically destory themselves, which basically makes it easier for GOG to just wipe their hands of the situtation.

Based on what some of their PR empoyees have said, they basically seemed like they were intructed to get as many "likes" as possible from their twitter post. Just my personal take away from my interaction with them.

HereForTheBeer: For those questioning the decision of management, I invite you to start your own business and put out posts similar to those that garnered negative publicity. Then let us know how it works out. Just the time spent dealing with the aftermath makes it not worth the hassle, let alone the potential lost sales.
And the oposite is also true, you may do more harm than good by responding to any precieved negative publicity at all. And it can be argued that is exactly what happen here. Some companies have learned the hard way that having a knee jerk reaction to precieved negative publicity isn't always the best policy.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by BKGaming
high rated
HereForTheBeer: snip
What a load of bs! No it's not. GoG did nothing wrong with that tweet or any of the others. None of these tweets are directly insulting anyone. The real problem is an outrage mob of clickbait journalists and followers who are looking for anything and everything to complain about.

This same outrage mob plays favorites. You want to see real PR mistakes, how about Jessica Price accusing a customer of mansplaining on top of other directed insults. Yet this same outrage mob wants to defend her over being fired. Show me where GoG is directly insulting anyone in any of the Tweets? You can't because they didn't. So you can shove your professional PR bs where the sun doesn't shine. You clearly have no clue what the heck you are talking about.

This is the same mob that has cherry-picked RDR2 to make it seem offensive. Now is complaining about Super Smash Bros Ultimate because one character has a headress and is just going around to every game company and game just looking for something to be offended about. And this is just in the last couple weeks...

Quite frankly, there is nothing GoG or CDPR can ever do to please these jerks. CDPR aren't in Silicon Valley and aren't buddy-buddy with these outrage journalists. Thus, when they need another clickbait article, they will look to GoG to complain about something once again.

Remember these are the same people already complaining about Cyberpunk 2077 because you can ONLY play as one of two sexes....

You can't please people like that...

GoG has done nothing wrong!
tinyE: Obviously

CLOCKWORKJET: haha fair enough, im more a CDPR fan than a GOG fan, but still i dont have anywhere near as many games on steam as you have on gog.
but for someone with so many games, you dont seem to play any of them?
Well...........if you can't figure that one out,then you need to see/read more posts.And for the snipes (not CLOCKWORKJET) ,OT no.I answered a question so take the sermons somewhere else.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by Tauto
Succumbing to the NPC/SJW mob will be the end of your business CDPR.

It will be the end of your business.

Consider carefully if this is what you want to continue doing.
I hope Linko is ok and he finds hes new path. As for gog and CD project red. You fail me last time. If you reading this I not interested in gog or cyberpunk or whatever project you make. Seriously you felt so hard that I lost respect for you. Enjoy those 12 copies you sell for those mobs. You lost me one supporter thats for sure.
[generic, innocuous comment to be downvoted because it vaguely smacks of left-leaning political opinions]