It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dunno if some1 mentioned it alrdy but: Dracula 4: Shadow of the Dragon, ends when you think that it only just begins... but for real... 4h of gameplay, it's starting to feel good and bam.. end.
Searched the thread and didn't see Lume.
Took about 70 minutes to finish it for the first time.

Edit - Actually, I think Lume was intended to be the first episode in a series, so that would disqualify it.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by AdamR
Thanks for all the new suggestions folks! Will be adding most of them, but yes, trying to avoid the episodic stuff. Dracula 4 I can allow, because it's technically a whole game within a series.
Received Arson & Plunder from Momo today as a gift. I had overlooked this game before and was quite delighted by the graphics, the music, and even the humour. And the gameplay is good too, once you come to grips with the controls. I also played all the way through in a couple hours, so it's going on the list.

Thanks again to Momo, and I can recommend picking up this scrolling brawler for a bit of fun!
IAmSinistar: Received Arson & Plunder from Momo today as a gift. I had overlooked this game before and was quite delighted by the graphics, the music, and even the humour. And the gameplay is good too, once you come to grips with the controls. I also played all the way through in a couple hours, so it's going on the list.

Thanks again to Momo, and I can recommend picking up this scrolling brawler for a bit of fun!
Glad you enjoyed it! Glad I could repay your amazing kindness and generosity ;-)
Received a nice PM from DeMignon suggesting Sword of the Samurai for this list, along with a good, thorough review of the game. Adding it here and to the GOGmix, and escalating it up my own personal list of games to play next.
I recently played Type:Rider, the complete playthrough (including secrets) took about 4 hours. The game is an enjoyable platformer with very interesting art direction based on the history of typography. The game does have some issue (wonky implementation, task switching can lead to problems, some unfair areas where you can't see what you're jumping into), but you have unlimited lives, and respawn points are very frequent, so it's unlikely to actually get stuck.

I loved how every level has a very unique feeling that is based on the depicted font and its history. I also enjoyed the educational aspects of the game (you can collect pages for books about the history of typography).

Also, if you ever thought that colons are woefully underfeatured in current games, _this_ is your game, because you're playing as one. (This line probably begs to be ripped out of the typographic context ...)
Condemned:Criminal Origins.A first person horror game that is also 'killing homeless people with melee weapons' simulator.The story is campy and the voice acting is flat most of the time but the atmosphere is great and the gameplay is engaging.Took me less then 6 hours to beat it on normal.
Post edited April 04, 2014 by Mr.Caine
Mr.Caine: Condemned:Criminal Origins.A first person horror game that is also 'killing homeless people with melee weapons' simulator.The story is campy and the voice acting is flat most of the time but the atmosphere is great and the gameplay is engaging.Took me less then 6 hours to beat it on normal.
Oh yeah, I have that on Steam, haven't played it yet - good ol' Monolith with their Lithtech engine though!
There was a sequel that didn't come to PC:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/condemned-2-bloodshot
Hate it when that happens!
the sequel is completely bonkers.for every improvement it makes over the original it also makes 10 weird/arguably bad changes.
Post edited April 04, 2014 by Mr.Caine
Psyringe: I recently played Type:Rider, the complete playthrough (including secrets) took about 4 hours.
Thanks, I picked that one up myself and am quite looking forward to it. I'm a typography maven. :) On to the list it goes, cheers!

Mr.Caine: Condemned:Criminal Origins
I think I have that in original Xbox format. Made some progress through it but never finished it. Seemed like it would have taken me a few afternoons to finish, though that could be due to suckage. ;)
Psyringe:
Thanks! I'm still thinking about getting the Humble bundle just for this game, but I can't judge whether I would think the gameplay interesting enough, so reading that you enjoyed it encourages me to give it a try. Since it also runs on tablets, do you think the system requirements are low enough that it would work on a netbook, too (e.g. no shaders)?
Post edited April 09, 2014 by Leroux
Psyringe:
Leroux: Thanks! I'm still thinking about getting the Humble bundle just for this game, but I can't judge whether I would think the gameplay interesting enough, so reading that you enjoyed it encourages me to give it a try. Since it also runs on tablets, do you think the system requirements are low enough that it would work on a netbook, too (e.g. no shaders)?
I'm afraid I can't really tell. The graphics didn't look like they were using shaders (as far a I remember). On the other hand, the game is also clearly 2d but lists a "3d graphics card" as required.
Psyringe: I'm afraid I can't really tell. The graphics didn't look like they were using shaders (as far a I remember). On the other hand, the game is also clearly 2d but lists a "3d graphics card" as required.
Ah, that's a bad sign, but since I believe it's only a dollar or so, it wouldn't hurt that much to try it myself, and if it doesn't work, I can still play it on the desktop PC, in case it's really good.
Added Braveland (thanks Thespian*) and Consortium: The Master Edition (thanks kwaart).