It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
low rated
trusteft: Then you basically say to those who disagree with your push of the client that since they are so smart, they just have to go to options and choose to download the classic installers from there. "you are so clever, you won't have a problem with that"
So basically...

Gog: We want to include Galaxy with our installer because it's too complicated for some peoples to have to download it manually.

Peoples: What! you really think peoples are that stupid that they are unable to click on an extra link to download Galaxy if they want to.

...later...

Gog: Ok we have released both Galaxy bundled installers and classic ones without it; if you want to download the classic version you just need to click on...

same peoples: WHAT!!! you want us to click on an extra link to download the classic installers! that's way too complicated; why did you make everything so confusing!!!

Seriously you have to make up your mind : either it's too complicated / inconvenient to click an extra link to download a specific version in which case Gog justification was valid for trying bundle Galaxy in the installer; or it is not then why complain having to do it ? You cannot have it both ways.
mwnn: That would be ideal but I don't believe that innoSetup allows for this possibility.
JMich: Considering that at some point the .bin files of some games were just password protected .rar files, innoSetup does allow for that possibility, it just doesn't give you files you can extract with innoExtract and the like.
If that would break the possibility to extract files from the installer with the inno tools it would be an even worse solution.
Executer: You can express yourself much better in english than i can. How is it you don't see how the implemention of this Optout is "suboptimal" or can even be considered shady?
Gersen: Again, you have an installer not bundled with Galaxy available, so you don't have to opt-out or even opt-in anything. Just download the classic installer.
Yes, we do. Choosing the classic downloaders every time is really no different then opting-out every time during installation.

Also, mr. Corporate Stooge, would you care maybe adress any of my points I made here, which you conveniently ignore?
high rated
I don't really mind that they've chosen to go with two sets of installers; it still seems like a waste of time and space, but that's GOG's problem, not ours. That said, it would be nice to have the following:

1) An option to see the classic installers by default.
2) A 'switch to classic installers' message/button underneath the Galaxy download links. I'm sure there's at least a few new users who don't want to use Galaxy, and it may not be obvious to them that they need to open the menu and choose 'classic installers' to get the non-Galaxy versions.

Otherwise I'm not panicking; let's see how the new system works, and if it doesn't, hopefully a better solution can be found later on. GOG did listen to us and change their plans, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
low rated
Breja: Yes, we do. Choosing the classic downloaders every time is really no different then opting-out every time during installation.
Seriously? now that's getting beyond silly, if you want to go that way you could also said that before, downloading the offline version instead of using Galaxy was also "opting-out" :)

So in the end the only way for it to now be truly "opt-out" would be having them totally drop Galaxy right ? because as long as you will have the "option" of using Galaxy or not; not using could be by definition considered as "opting out".

Breja: Also, mr. Corporate Stooge, would you care maybe adress any of my points I made here, which you conveniently ignore?
Because first it was not a reply to one of my message and second... what point exactly ?

That peoples who don't care about the classic installer, as in the peoples for whom Gog decide to bundle Galaxy in the first place (because they are most likely also the peoples who don't know how to manually download patch), will most likely end up downloading the Galaxy-bundled... well thank you Mr. Obvious that's kind of the whole point.
Post edited July 07, 2017 by Gersen
high rated
trusteft: Then you basically say to those who disagree with your push of the client that since they are so smart, they just have to go to options and choose to download the classic installers from there. "you are so clever, you won't have a problem with that"
Gersen: So basically...

Gog: We want to include Galaxy with our installer because it's too complicated for some peoples to have to download it manually.

Peoples: What! you really think peoples are that stupid that they are unable to click on an extra link to download Galaxy if they want to.

...later...

Gog: Ok we have released both Galaxy bundled installers and classic ones without it; if you want to download the classic version you just need to click on...

same peoples: WHAT!!! you want us to click on an extra link to download the classic installers! that's way too complicated; why did you make everything so confusing!!!

Seriously you have to make up your mind : either it's too complicated / inconvenient to click an extra link to download a specific version in which case Gog justification was valid for trying bundle Galaxy in the installer; or it is not then why complain having to do it ? You cannot have it both ways.
Do you work for GOG or just like to kiss their asses?

Read my post again.

I am not going to waste more time with you.
Gersen:
Ah, so you simply do not inted to be rational or sensible about the whole thing at all. Ok. Should have realised as much before, really.
high rated
Gersen: So basically...

...later...

You really don't see the difference between "you have to click one single time to opt-in to GOG Galaxy" and "you have to click one time every single time a game was updated to opt-out"?
low rated
trusteft: Read my post again.
I read your post , it was just a full paragraph of you raging because you have to click a single link (ok, two clicks to be exact!) to download the classic installer... did I miss anything ?
trusteft: Read my post again.
Gersen: I read your post , it was just a full paragraph of you raging because you have to click a single link (ok, two clicks to be exact!) to download the classic installer... did I miss anything ?
Then you are lying.
I would block your troll ass if I could. I will simply just not reply to your posts again troll. I don't know if you work for GOG or if you just kiss their asses, but either way you are doing more harm to GOG than good.
low rated
trusteft: Then you are lying.
And where exactly I am lying ? as I said, if I miss anything curious to know where.
PaterAlf: You really don't see the difference between "you have to click one single time to opt-in to GOG Galaxy" and "you have to click one time every single time a game was updated to opt-out"?
Except you don't have to opt-out every-time; if you download the classic installer you will never have to opt-out, and better you won't even have the overhead of Galaxy with all your installers.

Asking Gog to offer a website feature to remember if peoples wants the classic or the Galaxy ones is a good idea , nothing wrong with that. (if there is a wishlist's entry for that I will vote for it.)

But raging, like some are doing, because there is an extra click to download the classic Galaxy-Free, opt-out free installers, and calling Gog all sort of names because they did release two separate installers like they promised their would , is kind of silly.
Post edited July 07, 2017 by Gersen
Breja: Also, mr. Corporate Stooge,
You don't like others calling you "paranoid", don't call others "mr. Corporate Stooge".
low rated
Breja: Also, mr. Corporate Stooge,
ZFR: You don't like others calling you "paranoid", don't call others "mr. Corporate Stooge".
You don't like people telling you the Earth is flat, don't tell others it's round.
high rated
Gersen: Except you don't have to opt-out every-time; if you download the classic installer you will never have to opt-out, and better you won't even have the overhead of Galaxy with all your installers.
Yes, I have to. Having to do extra-clicks every to get the classic installers every single time a game is updated is nothing else then opting-out every single time.

Like you said, could be easily avoided by offering a "save my preferred setting" option, but the way it is now, it's opting out every single time and that's not really a good solution.

No reason for cursing or name-calling, but I really have to wonder why GOG can never do anything right right from the start.
JMich: Considering that at some point the .bin files of some games were just password protected .rar files, innoSetup does allow for that possibility, it just doesn't give you files you can extract with innoExtract and the like.
eiii: If that would break the possibility to extract files from the installer with the inno tools it would be an even worse solution.
Even if it meant that you could extract them without using any third party tools? Instead of .rar with its proprietary compression, use an open compression method that most OSes can already read. Scripts are still part of the .exe file, and inno tools can still read them, while the .bin files can be opened by any kind of compression tool. How is that a worse solution than having two sets of installers?