It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,
I finally got my new case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
I need some help in choosing the cooling for the processor.
1) Noctua NH-D14 89 eur
2) Corsair H110 148 eur
3) Corsair H105 139 eur
4) Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme 129 eur

thoughts: maybe I can buy NH-D15 but do not use the first slot graphics card, because it will block it.
I will never use two video cards. Only one + sound card.

I've never used a water cooling ready and not confident in it.
I want a very quiet but at the same time high-quality cooling.
What can you advise?

My System:
4690k@4,6 Ghz
Asrock Z97m OC Formula
4gb crucial ballistix ram
videocard in plane 970 or 980
This question / problem has been solved by RudyLisimage
My suggestion? A window fan.
pimpmonkey2382.313: My suggestion? A window fan.
In principle there is no difference for me
I think NH-D14 will be best or?
4.6 Ghz is some serious overclocking in such a case ( although it's a well conceived one, it's still relatively small ).

I'm not found of watercooling, but that's a matter of taste. Yet, in this case and if your case allows it, that could be a solution; Otherwise the Noctua is a solid piece of kit. However, wathever way you go, do not forget to add enough fans to the case ( especially ensuring you have one at the top of the case to avoid that hot air gets trapped inside )
If you don't plan to use first PCIex16 slot, then you can go with Noctua NH-D15. It is quiet, and high-quality cooling you want. Easy to install, too, IMHO easier than D14 (which isn't rocket science itself).
Unless you plan to use your PC 24x7 at full CPU load, there is no need to pick up liquid cooling. Plus, according to our workstations, D15 actually performs on par or better than Corsairs 1## (sorry, no data on Thermaltake) at full CPU load, yet better and less noisy on partial load - liquid cooling doesn't' really work in "passive". Contrary to some reviewers, who were able to spot "pumps' whine", I couldn't, but I noticed stock Corsair fans, producing far more noise, and swapping them for Noctua, for example, while helps to reduce noise and improve performance, it also increase the costs of the assembly.
So I'm for Noctua NH-D15. But that's me.
RudyLis: If you don't plan to use first PCIex16 slot, then you can go with Noctua NH-D15. It is quiet, and high-quality cooling you want. Easy to install, too, IMHO easier than D14 (which isn't rocket science itself).
Unless you plan to use your PC 24x7 at full CPU load, there is no need to pick up liquid cooling. Plus, according to our workstations, D15 actually performs on par or better than Corsairs 1## (sorry, no data on Thermaltake) at full CPU load, yet better and less noisy on partial load - liquid cooling doesn't' really work in "passive". Contrary to some reviewers, who were able to spot "pumps' whine", I couldn't, but I noticed stock Corsair fans, producing far more noise, and swapping them for Noctua, for example, while helps to reduce noise and improve performance, it also increase the costs of the assembly.
So I'm for Noctua NH-D15. But that's me.
Thanks for reply.
My case has only 4 slots pci :(
Therefore, you can not use the lower slot for a video card ......
I'll order NH-D14, I think this is the best choice of quality / price at the moment.
Morddraig: Thanks for reply.
I'll order NH-D14, I think this is the best choice of quality / price at the moment.
My pleasure. I hope your experience with Noctua will be flawless and long-living. :)
One notice, however. I probably should do this earlier, but I presumed you're going to ignore your "upper" (closest to CPU PCIex16 slot). Regardless, as I do not have your motherboard at hand, I cannot make direct measurements using tool, therefore I made only image-based calculations. Unless I'm wrong, distance between centre of the CPU and "upper" PCIex16 slot will be approximately 80mm. Because NH-D14's heat-sink's total width is 140mm, you'll have very narrow clearance between edges of your cooler and backplate of GPU, so you have to pick up GPU model carefully, and either insulate those fan mounts, to prevent possible contact between them and GPU's backplate, bend them inwards (as they will widen your overall cooler's width) or install GPU into different slot, or rotate cooler at 90 degrees, letting it blow air not from front to back, but from bottom towards top. In addition, you can place forward,pushing fan onto back, making it pulling one, this way clearance between heat-sink and GPU slot will be of approximately 10 mm. In this case, however, I'm not sure how much "roof" clearance you'll have, again, unless I'm mistaken, there should be enough room in your chassis to install cooler this way, keeping both fans in.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Morddraig: Thanks for reply.
RudyLis: My pleasure. I hope your experience with Noctua will be flawless and long-living. :)
One notice, however. I probably should do this earlier, but I presumed you're going to ignore your "upper" (closest to CPU PCIex16 slot). Regardless, as I do not have your motherboard at hand, I cannot make direct measurements using tool, therefore I made only image-based calculations. Unless I'm wrong, distance between centre of the CPU and "upper" PCIex16 slot will be approximately 80mm. Because NH-D14's heat-sink's total width is 140mm, you'll have very narrow clearance between edges of your cooler and backplate of GPU, so you have to pick up GPU model carefully, and either insulate those fan mounts, to prevent possible contact between them and GPU's backplate, bend them inwards (as they will widen your overall cooler's width) or install GPU into different slot, or rotate cooler at 90 degrees, letting it blow air not from front to back, but from bottom towards top. In addition, you can place forward,pushing fan onto back, making it pulling one, this way clearance between heat-sink and GPU slot will be of approximately 10 mm. In this case, however, I'm not sure how much "roof" clearance you'll have, again, unless I'm mistaken, there should be enough room in your chassis to install cooler this way, keeping both fans in.
Sorry for inconvenience.
All fine :)
The first slot is available without problems)
There is enough space to install the video card, Left to buy it hehe)
Attachments:
1.jpg (150 Kb)
Morddraig: All fine :)
The first slot is available without problems)
There is enough space to install the video card, Left to buy it hehe)
Hey, that's one nice looking rig you have there!:) Glad to hear Noctua fit fine. Good luck selecting your GPU.