It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drxenija: Damn it... I really want to play river city... and I'm so close
It's taken by someone. The answer is Might & Magic.
drxenija: Damn it... I really want to play river city... and I'm so close
HoangMarcel: It's taken by someone. The answer is Might & Magic.
Thanks for letting me know. I spent 5 hours doing this...
HoangMarcel: It's taken by someone. The answer is Might & Magic.
drxenija: Thanks for letting me know. I spent 5 hours doing this...
Not sure if I'll ever come around to actually DOING this, but... I was thinking of making a post (but maybe creating a new topic would work better) as a 'decoding' hub for all these puzzles and charades ppl come up with when posting keys.

It might go up like this -

You can get one from a chicken ### - ... 'EGG' (unconfirmed)
Old version of windows @@ - 31 / 95 / 98 / XP / 70 / 80 / 81
*# - an older web browser - IE
&#, myself and I - ME

I might do this (or maybe not), depending on positive / negative feedback from you guys.

Cheers
Post edited February 19, 2020 by PhedaPuten
drxenija: Thanks for letting me know. I spent 5 hours doing this...
PhedaPuten: Not sure if I'll ever come around to actually DOING this, but... I was thinking of making a post (but maybe creating a new topic would work better) as a 'decoding' hub for all these puzzles and charades ppl come up with when posting keys.

&#, myself and I - ME

I might do this (or maybe not), depending on positive / negative feedback from you guys.

Cheers
That’s a cool idea! The puzzles are quite interesting by themselves (even without the rewards), and considering this is a gaming community after all, a thread or something for interesting puzzles sounds totally fine to me.
PhedaPuten: Not sure if I'll ever come around to actually DOING this, but... I was thinking of making a post (but maybe creating a new topic would work better) as a 'decoding' hub for all these puzzles and charades ppl come up with when posting keys.

&#, myself and I - ME

Cheers
Makotolia: That’s a cool idea! The puzzles are quite interesting by themselves (even without the rewards), and considering this is a gaming community after all, a thread or something for interesting puzzles sounds totally fine to me.
a decoding hub as in a thread listing all possible answers to the riddles?
I appreciate the suggestion and the novel approach to make them easier, especially as someone who hit it hard yesterday. However...

As much as that would circumvent the arduous misfortune I experienced yesterday, it also takes out the fun and defeats the purpose of having riddles in the first place. Simply put, it's a cheat sheet. The codes redeemed will be redeemed by simply checking a "walkthrough." If we create this, gifters might feel negligent and would create encryption with random "replace x with y" algorithms instead of trivia.

Now I know it's hard to say this especially coming from me who spent 5 hours yesterday, but it undeniably depreciates the fun and sense of accomplishment, namely the "I earned it" triumph.
drxenija: a decoding hub as in a thread listing all possible answers to the riddles?
I appreciate the suggestion and the novel approach to make them easier, especially as someone who hit it hard yesterday. However...

As much as that would circumvent the arduous misfortune I experienced yesterday, it also takes out the fun and defeats the purpose of having riddles in the first place. Simply put, it's a cheat sheet. The codes redeemed will be redeemed by simply checking a "walkthrough." If we create this, gifters might feel negligent and would create encryption with random "replace x with y" algorithms instead of trivia.

Now I know it's hard to say this especially coming from me who spent 5 hours yesterday, but it undeniably depreciates the fun and sense of accomplishment, namely the "I earned it" triumph.
And a post simplifying and setting a cheat sheet for the majority of codes here only makes it easier for someone to code their screen-scraping scripts to pull codes off this thread and activate the games automatically. Ergo, human ninjas won't even have a chance of getting a game here. I encourage anyone who wants codes to actually go to GOG users not to post the codes in any form on the thread and instead give the code to the first person who responds to an offer here. It's as easy as that. Posting codes in any form, even encrypted (or puzzled) opens the code up to every person who reads the thread ... which is basically anyone with internet access to this publicly readable forum. If you don't mind that, then fine. Just be aware.
Wait, what? So you guys were talking about posting guesses/answers BEFORE codes are ninjaed? I thought we were talking about preserving the fun of decoding some of the challenging puzzles even if they have been redeemed, since ninjas usually don’t post the answers...
Makotolia: Wait, what? So you guys were talking about posting guesses/answers BEFORE codes are ninjaed? I thought we were talking about preserving the fun of decoding some of the challenging puzzles even if they have been redeemed, since ninjas usually don’t post the answers...
"decoding hub"

Nonetheless, the existence of a comprehensive list of answers to riddles can be used to solve further riddles. I am only pointing this possibility, but the choice is yours.
All right guys, thx for the replies and insights.

To any of you fearing that such a 'decoding' thread would prevent the actual GOG users from getting games - in favour of the 'script ninjas' - fear not. My past performance has demonstrated that, decoded or not decoded, the TOTALITY of the keys posted in the past 2 months had already been redeemed way before I even took notice of the donations... regardless of the 'depth' of the coding involved.

My main interest in decoding puzzles would target the 2 or 3 key posters in this thread who've been repeatedly using the VERY SAME puzzles for whatever keys they post... some of which I still didn't manage to decode at all to this day, because in all cases these keys had been already taken - well before I had woken up from whichever one of my usual millenary slumbers.

I will be still considering this, but don't hold your breath guys... and thx again for your input. :))

Cheers
Few Steam keys:

Syberia PRY69T3MYYYYM6N

Syberia 2 39PMLDT2BVKIK3Q

Flatout JFFK7DQFK26XG0H

Flatout 2 CEQ5A2FRZHHV6NY

switch first and last letters
chlop: Few Steam keys:

Syberia PRY69T3MYYYYM6N

Flatout JFFK7DQFK26XG0H

thanks mate! managed to get syberia 2 before it was gone. +1!

Also I like your neat idea of switching letters!

I tried switching the letters in the first Syberia but got an error.
Post edited February 22, 2020 by drxenija

Syberia PRY69T3MYYYYM6N

Flatout JFFK7DQFK26XG0H

drxenija: thanks mate! managed to get syberia 2 before it was gone. +1!

Also I like your neat idea of switching letters!

I tried switching the letters in the first Syberia but got an error.
Should have said first and last characters, since some are numbers.

Maybe the best option is to publish a list of games available, and ask who wants them, then do a raffle, or the first to DM gets them.
Tried the whole substitute X for Y but those get snatched up fairly quickly, by accounts that aren't very active.

Syberia PRY69T3MYYYYM6N

Flatout JFFK7DQFK26XG0H

all gone
high rated
Got some more Steam keys. Who wants what?

Taken:
The Last Express Gold Edition
Raptor: Call of The Shadows - 2015 Edition
Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim
Sanitarium
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Moebius: Empire Rising
Quest for Infamy
The Last Door - Collector's Edition
Little Big Adventure - Enhanced Edition
Little Big Adventure 2
Post edited February 22, 2020 by chlop
chlop: Got some more Steam keys. Who wants what?

Little Big Adventure - Enhanced Edition
Little Big Adventure 2
Raptor: Call of The Shadows - 2015 Edition
Sanitarium
The Last Door - Collector's Edition
Quest for Infamy
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Moebius: Empire Rising
Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim

Taken:
The Last Express Gold Edition
Can I have Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim? Thanks.
Post edited February 22, 2020 by zejango