It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
VBProject: Poland has lgbt-free zones, yet GOG is pulling this disappointment. Maybe Polish government should look into GOG breaking Polish laws?
Tracksterr: You do realize those zones have no actual meaning when it comes to law? It's just bigotry.
Wrong. It's literally the law.
low rated
Tracksterr: You do realize those zones have no actual meaning when it comes to law? It's just bigotry.
VBProject: Wrong. It's literally the law.
You are referring to some local administrations (about a third of the country apparently) and their declarations against the LGBT ideology. That does not apply to the central government or to EU law. Not only they violate the Polish constitution, but also European law, according to some.
So, in a sense, they are mostly symbolic, unenforceable. Not so much against the people, but against the ideology of the movement itself.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by patrikc
low rated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0XakCROW6E
low rated
„Glad you mentioned it! We worked with two Polish LGBT charities this year, and we are also raising money within the company for Kampania Przeciw Homofobii (Campaign Against Homophobia). KPH creates social campaigns, conducts advocacy and educational activities, and offers legal and psychological assistance for LGBT people in Poland.“

This information came up in another forum post from someone speaking on behalf of other employees at GOG. I would like to formally request that GOG provide its customers with a list of all the external organizations to which they provide funding. We have a right to know how the money that we think we are spending to support a small DRM-free video game developer and retailer is actually being spent.

In any event, thank you for providing this information - I appreciate GOG´s transparency, but am very concerned. I really need to clarify this: Does GOG literally fund groups whose members engage in vandalizing Catholic Churches in Poland? (A quick read through Polish newspapers indicates that over the last year, supporters and members of KPH have interrupted Masses, screaming blasphemies and obscenities during the liturgy. They have vandalized churches and sacred monuments. Some demonstrators attacked a priest, later bragging about the fact that their victim was a priest. Other demonstrators split open a young man’s head merely because he was protecting his town’s statue of St. Pope John Paul II, LGBT activists have desecrated one of Poland's most beloved Catholic monuments along with several other cultural icons. Leftist vandals marred the historic statue of the martyred Christ that stands in front of the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Warsaw) To the casual observer, it would seem as if GOG is funding bigotry and violence against a religion in the name of pride month?

I do not think any Christian, Catholic or any decent person opposing religious bigotry can buy a game from GOG anymore with a clear conscience if this is true - by doing so they are funding attacks on Christians, Priests and Churches.

If I am somehow incorrect - PLEASE provide me (and the rest of the your customers) with a statement condemning these attacks and a clarification that GOG does not support and will not fund (directly or indirectly) attacks on people and places of worship based on their religious beliefs. Thank you.
Post edited July 09, 2021 by PanzerFranzz
low rated
PanzerFranzz:
thx, that's very interesting information. I agree that Gog should be transparent about which groups they support.
low rated
PanzerFranzz: the money that we think we are spending to support a small DRM-free video game developer
If you think GOG is a video game developer, or, if you're talking about CDPR, if you think they are "small", then you are already sadly misinformed.

Hell, even the DRM-free part is at least questionable these days.
low rated
PanzerFranzz: „Glad you mentioned it! We worked with two Polish LGBT charities this year, and we are also raising money within the company for Kampania Przeciw Homofobii (Campaign Against Homophobia). KPH creates social campaigns, conducts advocacy and educational activities, and offers legal and psychological assistance for LGBT people in Poland.“

This information came up in another forum post from someone speaking on behalf of other employees at GOG. I would like to formally request that GOG provide its customers with a list of all the external organizations to which they provide funding. We have a right to know how the money that we think we are spending to support a small DRM-free video game developer and retailer is actually being spent.

In any event, thank you for providing this information - I appreciate GOG´s transparency, but am very concerned. I really need to clarify this: Does GOG literally fund groups whose members engage in vandalizing Catholic Churches in Poland? (A quick read through Polish newspapers indicates that over the last year, supporters and members of KPH have interrupted Masses, screaming blasphemies and obscenities during the liturgy. They have vandalized churches and sacred monuments. Some demonstrators attacked a priest, later bragging about the fact that their victim was a priest. Other demonstrators split open a young man’s head merely because he was protecting his town’s statue of St. Pope John Paul II, LGBT activists have desecrated one of Poland's most beloved Catholic monuments along with several other cultural icons. Leftist vandals marred the historic statue of the martyred Christ that stands in front of the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Warsaw) To the casual observer, it would seem as if GOG is funding bigotry and violence against a religion in the name of pride month?

I do not think any Christian, Catholic or any decent person opposing religious bigotry can buy a game from GOG anymore with a clear conscience if this is true - by doing so they are funding attacks on Christians, Priests and Churches.

If I am somehow incorrect - PLEASE provide me (and the rest of the your customers) with a statement condemning these attacks and a clarification that GOG does not support and will not fund (directly or indirectly) attacks on people and places of worship based on their religious beliefs. Thank you.
Hey, do you have the link to the thread? All I can say is - no more money to GOG from me until this is made clear..
low rated
SnowSlinger: Hey, do you have the link to the thread? All I can say is - no more money to GOG from me until this is made clear..
I'd be asking for the links to all those newspapers too. I don't want to get into a discussion about Polish politics, but there are a lot of far-right pro-government (and government backed) media that are absolutely ridden with lies and manufactured "news", and the government has used the LGBT community as their chosen bogeyman for years.
low rated
SnowSlinger: Hey, do you have the link to the thread? All I can say is - no more money to GOG from me until this is made clear..
Breja: I'd be asking for the links to all those newspapers too. I don't want to get into a discussion about Polish politics, but there are a lot of far-right pro-government (and government backed) media that are absolutely ridden with lies and manufactured "news", and the government has used the LGBT community as their chosen bogeyman for years.
Sure. Anything against the left/such groups is manufactured and bigoted...
low rated
Breja: I'd be asking for the links to all those newspapers too. I don't want to get into a discussion about Polish politics, but there are a lot of far-right pro-government (and government backed) media that are absolutely ridden with lies and manufactured "news", and the government has used the LGBT community as their chosen bogeyman for years.
SnowSlinger: Sure. Anything against the left/such groups is manufactured and bigoted...
I'm not saying "everything", I'm not even saying these incidents are. They might be true. I firmly believe in equality, which also means equal capacity for acting like assholes. I'm just saying what the situation is, and that it would be nice to see a source of such claims. Unless you want to take an equally stupid possition that anything against "the left/such groups" is true and trustworthy by definition...
Post edited July 09, 2021 by Breja
low rated
SnowSlinger: Sure. Anything against the left/such groups is manufactured and bigoted...
Breja: I'm not saying "everything", I'm not even saying these incidents are. They might be true. I firmly believe in equality, which also means equal capacity for acting like assholes. I'm just saying what the situation is, and that it would be nice to see a source of such claims. Unless you want to take an equally stupid possition that anything against "the left/such groups" is true and trustworthy by definition...
That is fair enough. I apologise.
low rated
Several years ago I have conducted an experiment on Steam forums (in Fallout 4's subforum, which introduced homo-characters, to be specific):

I have asked people: is gay sex normal to you?
Everyone said yes, of course it's normal.

When i've asked them will they help theirs gay friend in need (of gay sex) - everyone said NO.
low rated
vsr: Several years ago I have conducted an experiment on Steam forums (in Fallout 4's subforum, which introduced homo-characters, to be specific):

I have asked people: is gay sex normal to you?
Everyone said yes, of course it's normal.

When i've asked them will they help theirs gay friend in need (of gay sex) - everyone said NO.
and how's that related to anything? you know you can tolerate things without having to personally engage in them, right?