It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legendary Shigeru Miyamoto once famously said: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad". Upon its release in 2004, Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines (-25% during our Summer Sale Festival) was doomed to belong to the second category. 15 years later, however, Bloodlines is universally considered as one of the best Action-RPG of all time. How? Mods. Tons of them.

Our friends at NexusMods have put together a list of absolute must-have mods for you to enjoy this timeless jewel. Buckle up, here they come!

Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch

The Unofficial Patch is a great place to start modding the game as it lays a good foundation and fixes many bugs and annoyances. The patch doesn’t only bundle fixes to dialogue, magic, and textures but also years-long works to bring back plenty of cut-content, and lots of optional changes and additions.

Bloodlines Unofficial Patch is integrated by default to the GOG version of the game. Just press play!

Dev0lved ENB

Lighting is very powerful in defining the overall tone and atmosphere of a game. This ENB preset gives more depth to the shadows, allowing the neon-like glow to shine through. It takes inspiration from Bladerunner and Cyberpunk and delivers with a stark contrast between darkness and light.

Subtle Female Malkavian

The Malkavian race is known for their crazy outfits, but what if for once you don’t feel like going all crazy with your attire? “Subtle Female Malkavian” offers improvements and fixes to all levels of armour based on Jeanette’s and Therese’s respective outfits.

Playable NPCs

If you’re a returning veteran, you might want to mix things up a little and play as a new character. “Playable NPCs” offers a staggering 135 possible options to replace the main characters from clan Toreador, Ventrue, and Nosferatu.

Pen and Paper Mod

This mod attempts to bring the gameplay more in line with the pen and paper roots of the series. It includes a number of tweaks to disciplines, feats and other systems, making for a completely overhauled gameplay experience.

Here you have it, a compressed list of must-have mods that faithfully keep the essence of the game as it was originally designed. Don’t hesitate to browse through all the categories on NexusMods, there are treasures to be found!

If you feel like exploring Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines even further, the Clan Quest mod (updated in November 2018) adds a whole new storyline with fully voiced NPCs, new gameplay systems and 3 new endings! Many would say the mod is absolutely mandatory to get the most out of Bloodlines - We’ll let you be the judge of that ;).

Which mod had the biggest impact on YOUR playthrough?
Post edited June 11, 2019 by ArthurSlay
This really makes me want to play this game... for the first time! Can't believe I've never played this, as old as I am. I'm ashamed of myself.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by fuzzknuckle
fuzzknuckle: This really makes me want to play this game... f
ditto

I played it a few years ago but quit pretty quickly because of a lot of annoyances this patch seems to fix.
Now I'm super excited to try it again.
There's another patch called The True Gold Patch

"This is a repair patch for "Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines," a wonderful RPG created by the Troika studio and released in 2004 by ActiVision. This patch is intended to do nothing but fix bugs that were still present within the game, following its release. This patch will not change any other aspects of the original VTMB, other than to restore any broken (but intended by Troika) content that the official patch from ActiVision failed to repair. "

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/discussions/0/1499000547487895931/
Post edited June 11, 2019 by headholo
fuzzknuckle: This really makes me want to play this game... f
tinyE: ditto

I played it a few years ago but quit pretty quickly because of a lot of annoyances this patch seems to fix.
Now I'm super excited to try it again.
I can only recommend Unofficial Patch (version with New Content) + Clan Quest Mod, which returns Bloodheal discipline (from Pen&Paper game) into the game, instead of that awfully slow autoheal vanilla Bloodlines had.

I´ve played the game back in 2011 with them and even then it was a smooth ride, except single bug, which they must have squished since then.
Thanks to these two mods I have absolutely enjoyed the game.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by Tarhiel
fuzzknuckle: This really makes me want to play this game... for the first time! Can't believe I've never played this, as old as I am. I'm ashamed of myself.
I envy you ;-)
You can still play it for the first time. Although with this game, it's fun to play it again with a different clan too.
this is one of those games that linger in the back of your mind, what a great atmosphere (i have never been as cool as some of these characters lol) with some of these mods it may just be about time for another go. playable npcs might be fun note: i played a yr os so ago vanilla straight from gog with no mods, and had no problems at all during the game

edit:

i just found my original review and there was some getting stuck in landscape and two reloads, i honestly didnt remember so not a game breaker
Post edited June 11, 2019 by mintee
Wow. I love this post. Thanks, GOG!
Every time I think about replaying VTMB I remember how awful the game gets once you reach Hollywood sewers and then all the awful dungeon slogs the game throws you into (Leopold Society, Giovanni Mansion, Kieu-Jin etc).
what, a Malkavian that doesn't look like a frigging lunatic?! herecy!
Crosmando: Every time I think about replaying VTMB I remember how awful the game gets once you reach Hollywood sewers and then all the awful dungeon slogs the game throws you into (Leopold Society, Giovanni Mansion, Kieu-Jin etc).
The unofficial patch adds a shortcut through the sewers. Still need a combat capable character for the end-game, though.
Looks like it's time to reinstall and mod up for another run. Maybe the werewolf will play nice this time :P
PlanetVampire has a decent collection of mods.
Downloaded the Antitribu mod from there.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by NuffCatnip
I really should give this one another try. Couldn't get into it even though i wanted to like it so bad. But maybe I will love it more when it's fully modded. We can hope. It's a great game and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Nice post. Thanks for pointing out the Pen and Paper mod.