It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One step closer to reaching Master status

<span class="bold">Master of Orion</span> is gearing closer and closer towards its full release and the game looks spiffier with each passing day. Today, Wargaming Labs released another update, bringing this ambitious 4X strategy up to the 4th version of its In Development lifecycle.

Aspiring space-conquerors should now expect to find:

- Extensive AI improvements
- Refinements to the Espionage feature
- More balanced Tactical Battles
- Rethinking of the ship design

This is the perfect time to engage in interstellar warfare and limitless exploration in the new, vibrant <span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/a16yWMUqWv4
Post edited May 24, 2016 by maladr0Id
low rated
First!
invenio: First!
Nah, it will be fourth ;p
How is the gameplay now that the AI has been improved? I've never played the originals and I'm more interested in the new entry every time I see it pop up.
Thanks but I will wait for the final version and reviews.
ZaineH: How is the gameplay now that the AI has been improved?
The Development Progress and Patch Notes indicate that it should be much more fun now to play against the computer :-)

Disclaimer: I have not played it.
Still no news of the Linux version ? It has been available since phase 3 it seems : http://masteroforion.eu/news/ea-phase-3 but it's not yet on GOG...
Zero trust in Wargaming. Sorry, but i will stick with the first two games.
Such an old game and it is still getting updates.
Awesome.

I will have to try it one day.
I admit I gave it only little chance and moved to Master of Orion II quickly, but with the original one getting update I might revisit it once again.
I hope MoO 2 will get update too.

In other words, I really don't like when companies use the exactly same name for new games in franchise.
high rated
The current reviews to it are worthless. Outdated. InDevelopment games should have a big review swipe after big updates & on top only should show reviews from verified buyers. May sound harsh but especially with games that have huge changes because of being in a development phase nobody; absolutly nobody at all, is even remotely helped with an review from before the latest changes.

Does someone who reads this has actually played it in its current state? How is it compared to MoO2. I know the spacelanes are controversial, but besides these? Galaxy size? Ship creation? General depth?

My current impressions so far from reading several bits all over the places are that its pretty but very shallow compared to any other 4x. But thats in most cases based on old builds or speculations based on preview screens & weird statements from some devs.
Sticking to the original for now.... :)
Are they at least thinking about changing tactical combat to turns, or at least give that option?
low rated
I hate this game
Nobody is playing it and can tell how in its current form it strengths & weaknesses are compared to MoO2 or GalCiv3?
Vitek: Such an old game and it is still getting updates.
Awesome.

I will have to try it one day.
I admit I gave it only little chance and moved to Master of Orion II quickly, but with the original one getting update I might revisit it once again.
I hope MoO 2 will get update too.

In other words, I really don't like when companies use the exactly same name for new games in franchise.
Its actually "Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars" not just "Master of Orion". The latter just rolls better of the tongue ;)
Post edited May 26, 2016 by anothername
anothername: Its actually "Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars" not just "Master of Orion". The latter just rolls better of the tongue ;)
Oh, really? I had no idea.
Even on GOG game card they just call it Master of Orion (2016).