It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lostwolfe: i have eye issues.

moving upward [resolution wise] makes text too small.

dpi fixes are still not in a great place where they render text [and everything else] legible. supposedly, the next windows update only makes TEXT bigger and that might help. we'll see.
CharlesGrey: Off topic, but if possible you could look into getting a bigger screen. Full HD on a big screen should be a lot easier on the eyes than the same resolution on, in example, a small tablet screen. Also, maybe there are browser plug-ins which could help with your problems?
the last monitor i bought [and the one i'm currently using] is a 23 inch that sits comfortably on my desk. while i was in the process of figuring out which monitor to buy, i took a GIANT 32 inch [i believe it was] monitor just to test. didn't like the results. i COULD play shovel knight from the next room [which, for me, was a bit of a novel experience] but working on that monitor seemed impractical at best. [belated addition to this point: i rarely use and don't really like phone and tablet screens. they're just not a great way to consume websites/online media..]

i'm not sure where the point of no return for monitor sizes is, but i can't imagine that it's much past 23 inches. maybe 27? i'd have to try that to see.

for monitor size, the issue then becomes a problem of where you put your eyes [and how much you have to move your head.] - especially if you have to sit up close to the monitor [like i generally have to.]

but a monitor is something i'm going to have to buy at some point, anyway.

with regards to browser plugins: i haven't really looked into that angle at all.

there's two reasons for this: the one is that i don't like overloading the browser - most browsers aren't really good about their memory footprint - and most site designers aren't very good about making memory friendly sites. [i can think of at least one where the javascript is so bad that it literally craters the viewing experience of the site.] - adding to that doesn't feel like a good solution.

the second is probably just me also being a bit of a luddite: i had no real idea plug-ins could do that. though, to be fair, i really should have had /some/ idea since i run stylish. [mainly to chop out ads that sites sneak into their "experience" where the ad sits underneath everything, like joystiq tried at one point.]

lastly: while i do appreciate your suggestions [and both of these are something i'll have to look into] - there's the other side of the coin, too. site designs should be mindful of their ENTIRE audience. now, i'm not suggesting that gog designs specifically for 800x600 - in this day and age, that's silly [because the lower-bound resolution is probably still 1024x768, although, that's stealthily climbing upward.] - but what i /do/ think they should do is at least test in low resolutions like that to see if the site still functions.

moreover, there's a list of features the site could use that would help folks in my boat a ton that are easy enough to implement. right now, for example, just a simple toggle to autoplay/not autoplay the videos on the main page would be helpful. or font size switchers [to make the text larger or smaller without having to mess with the browser at all]

in the end, we're all gog clients.
Darvond: Not your fault, I've been rather sassy on the forums lately, doing unspeakable things like defending GOG's redesign and curation. As for the scale options, I do recall it being true that it scales everything, which basically means it only looks good at certain resolutions which means you'd have to switch to it first, and then check how the scaling feels which can be a process and not good for the video systems.
right. and that's most of the problem right there. the /idea/ of the dpi scaler's great in windows. the execution is hilariously abominable. i'm given to understanding that that's one of the fixes coming in the much maligned october update for windows 10 [the one that's eating folks' documents] - which makes it a bit of a scary proposition. do i: play russian roulette with my files to get a potentially better viewing experience? or do i just wait a couple more months [because i've been waiting for something like this for years. what's a few more months going to matter?]

at this point, i'm waiting. it took microsoft a year or so [i don't remember how long, exactly] to find and fix the install-to-ssd-bug for windows 10 [and that's still not gone, gone, as far as i'm aware]. i'm not super confident that they'll find and fix the update-eating-your-files-bug.

---

ah. well. i have no stakes in that game anymore. the first redesign [where gog lost all it's colour] was the one i actually cared about. this one's just "websites gonna website." which is to say, some designer got a bug and decided the site needed a facelift. in the end, that's fine so long as i can still find what i'm looking for [my account settings and game pages are by far the most important to me.]

i love gog and i love the gog forum dwellers, but sometimes they can be a little twitchy about stuff like that. :(
Post edited October 10, 2018 by lostwolfe
Looks even worse in my 320x200 resolution.

SCNR
loki1985: Looks even worse in my 320x200 resolution.

SCNR
i can't imagine :(

i lived in 640x480 until microsoft stopped supporting that particular mode. [you can still get it. it is kind of hacky. it doesn't really work with the way things are laid out now.]