It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
gamefood: So now we have 18 Lucas games aboard (from which I bought X-Wing and Indy (and propably Rebellion & Dark Forces at weekend); would've been five if I wouldn't own Kotor I & II and JK II hardcopies already for years).

How many yet to come? How many games were be announced altogether when the first ones appeared? I can't remember.
tfishell: Originally it was "20+ titles", but I think Disney has been satisfied enough with the sales that we'll see a good number more classics, especially DOSBox/ScummVM-able ones.

If you have a Twitter account, you might let this guy know you want more :) - https://twitter.com/sethdavis
Ah thanks."20+" alright, so there's enough room for The Dig, Loom and MM. At least!
No, have no twitter acc, but I'll let him know. Telepathically.
*~~~ Hey Seth bring'em just all to gog. They're in good hands there ~~~ Hey Seth bring'em just all to gog. They're in good hands there ~~~ Hey Seth bring'em just all to gog. They're in good hands there ~~~ .....*
Post edited January 29, 2015 by gamefood
We need the Rebel Assault games! And Episode I: Racer would be nice, too. Also Shadows of the Empire and Jedi Knight II + Jedi Academy!
tfishell: "Soon" being months of course but this is for those worried we won't get any more Disney/LA games.
I have posted a similar reassurance message from the press release quite a few times. It still won't stop people from worrying that we won't get any more Disney/LA games.
tfishell: "We're planning bring you even more fantastic Disney/Lucasfilm catalog gems soon!" "Soon" being months of course but this is for those worried we won't get any more Disney/LA games.

https://www.facebook.com/gogcom/posts/10152534869577657
This is reassuring. Can't wait for the rest of the Jedi Knight series to be released!
Is there a sale countdown anywhere for this batch? I don't want to get caught dozing like I did with Empire At War.
tinyE: Is there a sale countdown anywhere for this batch? I don't want to get caught dozing like I did with Empire At War.
You can rest easy (or uneasy). For better or worse, there isn't a visible countdown anywhere publicly.
EBToriginal: Calling it now. A port of masters of teras kasi.
I would so be there with bells on. Teras Kasi is actually not a bad game, it keeps getting put up on "bad games" lists and IMHO it does not deserve its bad rap (a la, say, Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, which yes it has its flaws but underneath the dump the AVGN took on it, it is actually a solid game gameplay-wise)
It was more or less virtual fighter 1 but half way through the PSX's life. It was slow and badly balanced, plus had silly camera issues. Over all it was a fairly bad game that came out pretty much right when a deluge of bad games started to show up. Right down there with bravo air race.
amcdermo: It is a very cool cover regardless.
mistermumbles: Meh. The original still looks way better to me.
Actually, there were more iterations ...

At our shops wit PC games (there wasn't many, since most people used just pirated games and software) we had this cover/box:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B1XB0QEBL.jpg
mistermumbles: Meh. The original still looks way better to me.
opeter2: Actually, there were more iterations ...

At our shops wit PC games (there wasn't many, since most people used just pirated games and software) we had this cover/box:
Wasn't that just the jewel case version though?
opeter2: Actually, there were more iterations ...

mistermumbles: Wasn't that just the jewel case version though?
Well, the boxes had the same graphic (a hand holding a lightsaber). However there were also iterations with Kyle vs. Jerec.

EDIT: found something similar to that, what I mean (only it had "golden frame" around like in the jewel case):
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HJX0P2FSL.jpg
Post edited January 30, 2015 by opeter2
I really hope we get Outlaws. I haven't played that since I had a demo version from a magazine cover disc in 97 or 98.
EBToriginal: It was more or less virtual fighter 1 but half way through the PSX's life. It was slow and badly balanced, plus had silly camera issues. Over all it was a fairly bad game that came out pretty much right when a deluge of bad games started to show up. Right down there with bravo air race.
Yeah, Teras Kasi was a badly done Star Wars version of virtual fighter. Pretty generally regarded as the worst Star Wars Game by a big margin. But of course every game, no matter how generally dispised.has it's fans.

beardworldorder: I really hope we get Outlaws. I haven't played that since I had a demo version from a magazine cover disc in 97 or 98.
GOG has dropped a few hints that Outlaws will be coming down the trail ....
Post edited January 31, 2015 by dudalb
beardworldorder: I really hope we get Outlaws. I haven't played that since I had a demo version from a magazine cover disc in 97 or 98.
You are not the only one hoping for the return of Outlaws, preferably with the 2.0 upgrade.

I have the original boxed outlaws version but the setup file doesn't run on a 64 bit OS.
LosT_SouL_VL: You are not the only one hoping for the return of Outlaws, preferably with the 2.0 upgrade.

I have the original boxed outlaws version but the setup file doesn't run on a 64 bit OS.
There should be a 64-bit installer roaming around the internet. Try googling for it.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by Grargar