It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
vicklemos: See?! :P
Breja: Oh bite me :D I've been waiting to play A Final Unity and Borg for years. It's like two lost episodes of The Next Generation I've never seen. I'll take every oportunity to draw attention to bringing them to GOG.
:P
well, to me Star Wars is like dogs: I know what's a chihuahua, a labrador, and I know what's Dark Forces, X-Wing... but Star Trek (when it comes to games) is more like cats. To me, they're all cats. Cats here, cats there. Cats. :D
All right, nice! I was starting to get worried that we wouldn't see more Lucasarts for awhile.

I think this classic (NSFW) will do for celebration, lol.
cw8: Not sure if I can still handle Death Star II's run in X-Wing Alliance today. It took me nearly a day to complete the blasted run because I kept dying and have to restart. 15 years later, my reflexes aren't as quick as back then.
tinyE: Alliance has a trench run? XD

Jesus it's been a while, that and almost every SW game ever made has a trench run so it gets a little hard to remember which is which. :P
Endor Death Star II run with the Millennium Falcon. Can fly in an X-Wing if you wanted, iirc, much easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_hBH7cH4M

Die at any point, you restart from the beginning like retro console games :D
Post edited January 20, 2015 by cw8
Sachys: Might pick up KOTOR2 (having just been given some birthday dosh) - does it hold up well as a sequel / second installment?
It's great, and honestly I would consider it even better than the first one, if it wasn't for the broken ending. The developers were forced to butcher it to meet the deadline, and it shows. In fact, I've hear there was a lot cut from the game, even in places were I didn't notice it. There are extensive mods out there that supposedly bring back a lot of that content.

Still, even as is it is a truly great game despite it's flaws.
Ah so many good games, keep it up GOG, the wallet will be castigated until I have the chance to play them all!
Oh my god. Just noticed that Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is here. Instabuy for me.
A very big Thank You to GOG.com and especially to Disney for releasing this second wave of games from the classic LucasArts catalogue!

gibbeynator: I like how they say that this is "barely the beginning", and how it totally contradicts what they said LAST time about only getting 20 games.
Maybe the first wave of 6 games (october 2014) did sell great and maybe that convinced disney to extend their partnership with gog by signing up more games ;)
vicklemos: :P
well, to me Star Wars is like dogs: I know what's a chihuahua, a labrador, and I know what's Dark Forces, X-Wing... but Star Trek (when it comes to games) is more like cats. To me, they're all cats. Cats here, cats there. Cats. :D
Says the cat. :D
Breja: Still, even as is it is a truly great game despite it's flaws.
think i might pick it up then. I found the first to be flawed in quite a few ways - but still utterly great to play.
cw8: Not sure if I can still handle Death Star II's run in X-Wing Alliance today. It took me nearly a day to complete the blasted run because I kept dying and have to restart. 15 years later, my reflexes aren't as quick as back then.
Well, he said "Death star II", so I guess we'll get rather a... Pit run? Construction site run? Giant-hole-right-through-the-core-of-the-Empire's-biggest-weapon run?

Anyway, those scenes are so iconic of the whole "Star Wars" franchise that I can't imagine a X-Wing simulator without one of those ;)

Edit : Ninja'ed! D'oh!
Post edited January 20, 2015 by Kardwill
Thanks GOG!!! :)

Sometimes...dreams do come true.

looks like I'm not as done with buying new games as I thought.

Jesus it's been a while, that and almost every SW game ever made has a trench run so it gets a little hard to remember which is which. :P
cw8: Endor Death Star II run with the Millennium Falcon. Can fly in an X-Wing if you wanted, iirc, much easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_hBH7cH4M

Die at any point, you restart from the beginning like retro console games :D
OH NOW I REMEMBER! Yeah, I never did finish that. Shit that run was impossible in the movie. Without good special effects Lando would have been toast. :P
Sachys: Might pick up KOTOR2 (having just been given some birthday dosh) - does it hold up well as a sequel / second installment?
Some say it is better than the first game ;) (with the restored content mod installed)
WalterwickJack: Thanks GOG!!! :)

Sometimes...dreams do come true.
[...]
When you wish upon a star... ;-)
PaterAlf: It isn't mentioned in the newspost, but did we just see a permanent price drop for Secret of Monkey Island SE and Knights of the Old Republic I? Both have a regular $9.99 price point now. If I'm not mistaken it was $12.49 when they were released here some months ago.
They dropped down to the same price as Steam and other digital distributors, as least for US. There was some... controversy... when they originally debuted here about the inflated price,