It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Well we're all out of pie!

We only had a few slices and we weren't expecting this much of a rush!
What, so my choice is "or death"?! Well I'll have the chicken then, please.
high rated
foxworks: Perhaps under the....table?
HypersomniacLive: (►˛◄’!)

what do you think?
*puts crumbs in pocket....for now*
high rated
stg83: but this thread is definitely useful for people that are rightly concerned about their games going to people that actually intend to play and enjoy them. And also for providing info about shady traders that have gotten away with scamming people for free games time and again with different alts. This list is primarily for information purposes, what each individual derives from it is entirely up to them.
It's true that it's very useful, however any list is only as useful as it's accurate. The more dubious entries it contains, the less useful it becomes for GA hosts and traders; if I have to verify every name in the list to make sure it's an actual scammer and not just a person who was rude in the Gamersgate thread, then I might as well forget about the list altogether.

It's obvious that the list in its current state wasn't working properly. So in order to improve it I'd suggest the following:

• Create some clear inclusion criteria. "cheated in a trade", "traded/regifted a GA game", "alt account"... etc. As someone mentioned, "scammer" can mean different things to different people, so it would be good if we actually explicitly state why people get added.

• Clearly state when a new person get added to the list, with the reason. I know it's difficult to maintain the proofs (posts deleted... etc), but it's not really necessary. All I want is to be able to check that person X was added on date Y for reason Z for any entry on the list. The scammer's post might be deleted by then, but the post with the reason why he was added will still be there.

• Create a mechanism to allow any person on the list to defend and explain themselves. And be removed if necessary. At the moment it seems any person who asks "why am I on the list?" gets immediately downvoted to oblivion.

My own complaint was not the usefullness of the list or "cyberbullying", whatever that means, but one particular entry. It appears that it's impossible to tell by whom was tort1234 added, when was he added and why was he added. There isn't even any trace of a proof regarding him. And any queries regarding this seem to fall on deaf ears so far (his posts get additionally downvoted).
Had the three points above been implemented, tort's case wouldn't have happened, and even if it did, it would have been immediately resolved.

The wiki entry is better maintained (with references), but not many people actually check it. Most people checked the list on the first post of the thread only.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by ZFR
high rated
foxworks: *puts crumbs in pocket....for now*
That better mean you're going to snack on them later.
Tauto: I'm not a bigot,I just know how to use the old ''Sticks and Stones'' trick.You people fell for it ''Hook,Line and Sinker.''Do I need to add more things like ''Can't judge a book by its cover''or has the ''Penny has finally dropped''?
LOL.
This calls a classic. XD
Attachments:
deleted
Tauto: Being termed a troll is nothing to me,but where is the proof of being termed a scammer?
I think that the OP has removed you, so now you can feel pure and innocent again lol.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by phaolo
tinyE: Well we're all out of pie!

We only had a few slices and we weren't expecting this much of a rush!
Wishbone: What, so my choice is "or death"?! Well I'll have the chicken then, please.
And that is why I love this place; people like you! :D

And oh good. I see Adolf has joined us.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by tinyE
high rated
phaolo: I think that the OP has removed you, so now you can feel pure and innocent again lol.
Tauto: It wasn't the OP,but Emachine9643.
tinyE: And that is why I love this place; people like you! :D

And oh good. I see Adolf has joined us.
Tauto: I'm surprised you still have 4 stars:-)
I've lost a testicle and half of a lung, do you really think losing a star is going to matter? :P

I have my friends here, and you and all of your asshole friends can't take that, no matter what bullshit you try. :D

*bows*
*accepts Oscar*
Post edited September 17, 2015 by tinyE
low rated
How can anyone in their right mind take the scammers list seriously ?

The list itself is made by a scammer Emachine.

Instead of giving proof as to who scammed who, he randomly put names into the list without any proof.

And then when people ask for proof, he downvotes them.
tinyE: I've lost a testicle and half of a lung, do you really think losing a star is going to matter? :P

I have my friends here, and you and all of your asshole friends can't take that, no matter what bullshit you try. :D

*bows*
*accepts Oscar*
Well said!

Here's an Oscar for you:
Attachments:
oscar.jpg (72 Kb)
ZFR: The wiki entry is better maintained (with references), but not many people actually check it. Most people checked the list on the first post of the thread only.
I agree with most of what you have suggested but its a lot of work and someone has to put their hand up for maintaining the list in an orderly fashion. As I mentioned before I mainly referred to the wiki list as the one with proper context for the names added there and tort1234 isn't on it. I usually linked the wiki list directly to people instead of the first post since it was just a list of names with no explanation. My previous post and every other reference was also to the known scammer wiki list and not the first post in this thread because as mrmarioanonym said it was difficult to verify each claim for him which is completely understandable so no one holds it against him. The initiative to create such a thread by mrmarioanonym is much appreciated by people that are concerned with avoiding potential exploitation and being scammed in trades.

The wiki list is maintained by madth3 from community input in this and the previous known scammers thread and that is why it is better organized because madth3 graciously took the time to check and verify names as well as consulting with others on the thread before adding them to the list with links where possible. Even he has been absent for a while though probably busy with important RL issues so with the limited access to proper forum search and lack of post history someone taking full responsibility for organizing the list with separate categories for each offense and then determining where a particular scammer falls is unfortunately easier said then done.
tinyE: I've lost a testicle and half of a lung,
Well that's what happens when you leave your luggage unattended.
low rated
Tauto: It wasn't the OP,but Emachine9643.

I'm surprised you still have 4 stars:-)
tinyE: I've lost a testicle and half of a lung, do you really think losing a star is going to matter? :P

*bows*
*accepts Oscar*
You may refer to me as Adolf,so I will refer to you as ONE BALL HALF A MAN.It's called tit for tat or sticks and stones.
Cute or what?You can give it but you can't take it.

*bows*
*accepts down voting*
high rated
tort1234: How can anyone in their right mind take the scammers list seriously ?

The list itself is made by a scammer Emachine.

Instead of giving proof as to who scammed who, he randomly put names into the list without any proof.
You're not really making any friends with this kind of attitude.

That aside, it is ironic how you called amrit a "scammer" simply because of some of his old activity on a torrent site, and then you kept at it even after he came clean, despite the fact that he didn't really scam anyone per se. And now, just over a month later, you yourself get (ha ha) accused of being a scammer. Much as I honestly hate to see you being accused for something you didn't do, I can't help but see that little bit of poetic justice in all this...
Post edited September 18, 2015 by ZFR