It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
RWarehall: No, the person being ridiculous here is you. Who the heck are you anyway to tell everyone else how they should run their giveaways? Or how they should police them in making lists?

Sorry, if someone has a giveaway and specifies its for your own use, and then the person trades it away, they are a liar and scammer. Period. For you to make it out as if the gifters are doing something wrong by making the transgression publicly known is ludicrous.

Besides, who the hell appointed you the final say about what is right and noble on these forums. You seem to make a habit of shitting up threads with your wacky one-sided opinions, whether its this thread, whether its the sale threads where you keep trying to convince people GoG is doing something illegal with the sale you don't like, or the Windows 10 threads where you are vainly trying to bash Win 10 at every opportunity.

And every time someone disagrees with you, you tell them they are stupid and wrong, just like this thread...
hedwards: LOL, are you for real? I didn't call you stupid, although quite frankly, you do seem to have some reading comprehension problems.

How do you know that they're trading the same copy that they won? We don't have any way of knowing what's on a person's library shelf, it's always possible that they used the copy as intended and liked it enough to give or trade it to somebody else. Or somebody else requested it as part of a trade. We don't have any way of knowing if that's the case.

As far as what's good and noble, I don't think that calling out bullies like you is unreasonable. As I've more than adequately explained this whole thread is a troll/bully thread. The "facts" aren't verifiable there's instances where the accusers are being outright ridiculous. And even when they aren't, since we have no way of verifying it, it results in a witch hunt to find wakalo, nes or whomever the target de jour is.

As for my "wacky" interpretation of legality. It's not wacky at all. Online gambling is illegal here. If you had bothered to read the posts you'd know that it's not wacky at all.

Anyways, I'm done wasting time responding to you. If you can't be bothered to read what I've written, I've got better things to do with my time.
So says the social justice bully who seems to think he's so holier than the rest of us, everyone has to listen. Like I said, quit shitting up these threads with your bullying tactics. Troll! Bully!

It is a wacky interpretation about pinatas being gambling, because it is dumb to call that gambling. I read your posts, you are just wrong and others have explained why. But here we go again with some self-centered asshat claiming that anyone who doesn't believe what he says just isn't reading what he wrote, that his is the only opinion that is right and any other opinions are just wrong...

Edit: No, you are the idiot, self-centered blow hard...
Post edited September 17, 2015 by RWarehall
hedwards: You're using the word victims here in a rather strange way. If they view themselves as victims, then what they're doing isn't generous, it's controlling and manipulative.
Aren't scammed people "victims" for you? O_o
low rated
And seriously, someone gifts or trades the same game the next day and you are defending him? Because he "might have" bought another copy to gift because he liked the game? What kind of idiot would believe that? Oh right, you Hedwards...

Or the game appears on his trading list the next day?
Or he wins a game and claims that the redeeming it for yourself rules is stupid, so claims its okay for him to gift it away?
How about starting a giveaway and then claiming your alt won it? That person later admitted the truth.

All these things have happened with people on that list. But Hedwards, you are too stupid to get it...
Post edited September 17, 2015 by RWarehall
hedwards: How do you know that they're trading the same copy that they won? We don't have any way of knowing what's on a person's library shelf, it's always possible that they used the copy as intended and liked it enough to give or trade it to somebody else. Or somebody else requested it as part of a trade. We don't have any way of knowing if that's the case.
You know that one can see who redeemed a gift code? So, yes in many cases we do know that the copy that was traded away, was the same that was won in a giveaway.
mrmarioanonym: update.
check the front page.

"I feel partially responsible for the downfall of this community and i just don't have the energy for checking every claim myself"
phaolo: You shouldn't.
It's thanks to you that people managed to avoid some scammers in trades and GAs.
Surely, there could have been some mistakes and the overall problem isn't solved, but that's totally Gog's fault.

Anyway, I understand if you fed up doing the detective ; )
^^ This. It's definitely not your fault, mrmarioanonym.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by ZFR
hedwards: How do you know that they're trading the same copy that they won? We don't have any way of knowing what's on a person's library shelf, it's always possible that they used the copy as intended and liked it enough to give or trade it to somebody else. Or somebody else requested it as part of a trade. We don't have any way of knowing if that's the case.
PaterAlf: You know that one can see who redeemed a gift code? So, yes in many cases we do know that the copy that was traded away, was the same that was won in a giveaway.
This, I was just about to say that I can see exactly who has redeemed the games they have won in one of my giveaways. I have been lucky in that only one of my games has wound up with an Nes alt, which he admitted to winning later on.
low rated
WTF!?

These pricks are making a mess of this place (well okay so am I, but I admit it) and in trying to discuss it we are now screaming at each other!?

Okay, everyone to their neutral corners. I want a fifteen minute juice & cookie break followed by a thirty minute nap time. At the end of that I will see all of you back here, hopefully calmed down and more civil.
high rated
tinyE: WTF!?

These pricks are making a mess of this place (well okay so am I, but I admit it) and in trying to discuss it we are now screaming at each other!?

Okay, everyone to their neutral corners. I want a fifteen minute juice & cookie break followed by a thirty minute nap time. At the end of that I will see all of you back here, hopefully calmed down and more civil.
I prefer punch and pie, but cookies are good ;-)
PaterAlf: You know that one can see who redeemed a gift code? So, yes in many cases we do know that the copy that was traded away, was the same that was won in a giveaway.
Doc0075: This, I was just about to say that I can see exactly who has redeemed the games they have won in one of my giveaways. I have been lucky in that only one of my games has wound up with an Nes alt, which he admitted to winning later on.
Indeed, its abundantly clear that even an outright confession would not be enough for hedwards since according to him its perfectly fine to exploit the generosity of others because they are being manipulative for wanting the people participating in giveaways to enjoy the games for themselves instead of profiteering by trading it and denying others that genuinely wanted them.

I am no proponent of witch hunts and false accusations but this thread is definitely useful for people that are rightly concerned about their games going to people that actually intend to play and enjoy them. And also for providing info about shady traders that have gotten away with scamming people for free games time and again with different alts. This list is primarily for information purposes, what each individual derives from it is entirely up to them. No one is going to explicitly control how or who people giveaway their games to, since everyone has free will.

On the other hand shutting down this thread will give free reign to more exploiters and scammers which will result in further deterioration of the helpful as well as courteous environment of this forum. One pathetic individual should not be able to dictate how the community interacts with each other though their spirit of generosity and thoughtfulness to bring joy to a fellow gamer.

Its not easy to keep track of scams and exploiters especially because of how easy it is to create alt accounts on GOG thanks to their lax security and lack of other basic forum features like proper forum search and post history. Mistakes are made sometimes but by and large upon clarification from a particular user no one has been continuously condemned without just reason because of this thread. Again if people don't agree with someone being on the list then they are free to ignore it and do whatever they think or feel is right.
tinyE: WTF!?

foxworks: I prefer punch and pie, but cookies are good ;-)
Well we're all out of pie!

We only had a few slices and we weren't expecting this much of a rush!
high rated
And here I was thinking you'd want some cheesecake.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: And here I was thinking you'd want some cheesecake.
*rubs belly* I believe there's room!
high rated
foxworks: *rubs belly* I believe there's room!
*offers foxworks a few pieces*

But no sweeping the crumbs under the rug!
high rated
foxworks: *rubs belly* I believe there's room!
HypersomniacLive: *offers foxworks a few pieces*

But no sweeping the crumbs under the rug!
Perhaps under the....table?
high rated
foxworks: Perhaps under the....table?
(►˛◄’!)

what do you think?