It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

update.
check the front page.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by mrmarioanonym
mrmarioanonym: update.
check the front page.

"I feel partially responsible for the downfall of this community and i just don't have the energy for checking every claim myself"
You shouldn't.
It's thanks to you that people managed to avoid some scammers in trades and GAs.
Surely, there could have been some mistakes and the overall problem isn't solved, but that's totally Gog's fault.

Anyway, I understand if you fed up doing the detective ; )
low rated
mrmarioanonym: update.
check the front page.

"I feel partially responsible for the downfall of this community and i just don't have the energy for checking every claim myself"
phaolo: You shouldn't.
It's thanks to you that people managed to avoid some scammers in trades and GAs.
Surely, there could have been some mistakes and the overall problem isn't solved, but that's totally Gog's fault.

Not just GoG's fault. Really the person to blame is NES and his alt army. Because of this one douchebag, any new account almost has to be considered suspect. This greedy shithead who thinks he has a right to win every game in a giveaway...

And as to the list, it was a good effort, but the asshole types being the jerks that they are, found a way around it to the point it is now irrelevant.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by RWarehall
low rated
phaolo: You shouldn't.

RWarehall: Not just GoG's fault. Really the person to blame is NES and his alt army. Because of this one douchebag, any new account almost has to be considered suspect. This greedy shithead who thinks he has a right to win every game in a giveaway...

And as to the list, it was a good effort, but the asshole types being the jerks that they are, found a way around it to the point it is now irrelevant.
He is also the one who has several us on auto derep. Fortunately none of us seem to care anymore, but it's still a shit thing to do.
RWarehall: Not just GoG's fault. Really the person to blame is NES and his alt army.
Well, that was implied and I didn't want to give him too much credit : |

RWarehall: found a way around it to the point it is now irrelevant.
He still uses some discovered alt accounts, every now and then.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by phaolo
low rated
RWarehall: Not just GoG's fault. Really the person to blame is NES and his alt army.
phaolo: Well, that was implied, but I didn't want to give him too much credit XD

RWarehall: found a way around it to the point it is now irrelevant.
phaolo: He still uses some discovered alt accounts, every now and then.
Maybe if the list were pared down to remove the old accounts we know have been changed, but anyway it has become so bulky with so many alts and invariably captured a few people mistakenly. Of course I'm not talking about Tauto, whose first "giveaway" post was attempting to disrupt a giveaway by crying about all the "high rep scammers". Thief, crybaby, or sore loser, doesn't bother me that he ended up on a giveaway ban list even if he didn't specifically try to steal games...
low rated
phaolo: Well, that was implied, but I didn't want to give him too much credit XD

He still uses some discovered alt accounts, every now and then.
RWarehall: Maybe if the list were pared down to remove the old accounts we know have been changed, but anyway it has become so bulky with so many alts and invariably captured a few people mistakenly. Of course I'm not talking about Tauto, whose first "giveaway" post was attempting to disrupt a giveaway by crying about all the "high rep scammers". Thief, crybaby, or sore loser, doesn't bother me that he ended up on a giveaway ban list even if he didn't specifically try to steal games...
The problem is basically the same one we already have. There's no objective authority making the decisions. Maybe an accusation is accurate and maybe it isn't, but the list isn't maintained by an objective party. And I'm not even sure that's possible.

Mr. Gog is probably the closes we're going to get to an impartial party and even there that's hardly perfect. But, at least Mr. Gog has some hope of determining the accuracy of the complaints.

There's also the issue that there's a huge variation in the definition of scam here. Some folks are scamming, some folks aren't and there's some folks that are accused of things that are at best violations of netiquette.
hedwards: The problem is basically the same one we already have. There's no objective authority making the decisions.
I still preferred it, than no counteraction at all.
Errors could be fixed anyway, as the list is not set in stone.

hedwards: Some folks are scamming, some folks aren't and there's some folks that are accused of things that are at best violations of netiquette.
The list should have simply been named something like "Bad Goggers" with categories :P
low rated
hedwards: The problem is basically the same one we already have. There's no objective authority making the decisions.
phaolo: I still preferred it, than no counteraction at all.

hedwards: Some folks are scamming, some folks aren't and there's some folks that are accused of things that are at best violations of netiquette.
phaolo: The list should have simply been named something like "Bad Goggers" with categories :P
Tauto isn't a bad Gogger, he's just a bigoted asshole. :D
low rated

phaolo: The list should have simply been named something like "Bad Goggers" with categories :P
I don't personally like bullying, and ultimately that's what this is. Some of the people are guilty, some of them are innocent and some of them did what they're accused of, but what they're accused of is at bets violating a social taboo from another part of the world.

These threads represent the worst in human nature. There's little evidence in many of these cases, but the effects of being shunned are still there. The sooner Mr. Gog removes these from the site the better.

When all is said and done, the only solution to the problem is for people to start accepting some responsibility for their actions. If you're dealing with somebody you don't know, you're taking a risk. Especially if it's a new account.

Giveaways written assuming that people will do something or not do something afterwards are rather ridiculous, there's no way of enforcing it other than to ban the user from future giveaways. Not to mention that it greatly cuts down on the generosity of the giveaway if you're then trying to control how people use the gift.

The list should have simply been named something like "Bad Goggers" with categories :P
tinyE: Tauto isn't a bad Gogger, he's just a bigoted asshole. :D
Being a bigoted asshole doesn't exactly require somebody to be listed. Generally that's self-evident before too long.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by hedwards
low rated
hedwards: The problem is basically the same one we already have. There's no objective authority making the decisions. Maybe an accusation is accurate and maybe it isn't, but the list isn't maintained by an objective party. And I'm not even sure that's possible.

Mr. Gog is probably the closes we're going to get to an impartial party and even there that's hardly perfect. But, at least Mr. Gog has some hope of determining the accuracy of the complaints.

There's also the issue that there's a huge variation in the definition of scam here. Some folks are scamming, some folks aren't and there's some folks that are accused of things that are at best violations of netiquette.
But that doesn't mean you can't try your best. By that reasoning, why bother to try any criminals in a court since they might be innocent. There is no objective way to be absolutely sure they are guilty and there are well-documented cases of mistakes. That doesn't mean the criminal justice system should stop trying...
low rated
hedwards: The problem is basically the same one we already have. There's no objective authority making the decisions. Maybe an accusation is accurate and maybe it isn't, but the list isn't maintained by an objective party. And I'm not even sure that's possible.

RWarehall: But that doesn't mean you can't try your best. By that reasoning, why bother to try any criminals in a court since they might be innocent. There is no objective way to be absolutely sure they are guilty and there are well-documented cases of mistakes. That doesn't mean the criminal justice system should stop trying...
That's a ridiculous argument. The police have the ability to subpoena records and then submit that evidence to the prosecutor and ultimately for trial. And the results of the trial are subject to appeal.

None of that is here, it's a list that's used to name and shame without any guarantee of accuracy or any due process at all. Sometimes it is correct, but a broken clock is right twice a day.
low rated
hedwards: Giveaways written assuming that people will do something or not do something afterwards are rather ridiculous, there's no way of enforcing it other than to ban the user from future giveaways. Not to mention that it greatly cuts down on the generosity of the giveaway if you're then trying to control how people use the gift.
No, the person being ridiculous here is you. Who the heck are you anyway to tell everyone else how they should run their giveaways? Or how they should police them in making lists?

Sorry, if someone has a giveaway and specifies its for your own use, and then the person trades it away, they are a liar and scammer. Period. For you to make it out as if the gifters are doing something wrong by making the transgression publicly known is ludicrous.

Besides, who the hell appointed you the final say about what is right and noble on these forums. You seem to make a habit of shitting up threads with your wacky one-sided opinions, whether its this thread, whether its the sale threads where you keep trying to convince people GoG is doing something illegal with the sale you don't like, or the Windows 10 threads where you are vainly trying to bash Win 10 at every opportunity.

And every time someone disagrees with you, you tell them they are stupid and wrong, just like this thread...

Edit: And how about naming just one person who doesn't belong on the OP's list? Or are you here just to be an ass as usual...
hedwards: There's little evidence in many of these cases [..]
The list isn't "official". It's both subjective and based on reports.
I've witnessed to the actions of some of the reported users, so I tend to trust it.
Proofs aren't easy to keep, because posts get deleted, people are absent or forget, lying alts are abundant, etc..
Who doesn't agree with the concept at all, can simply ignore the list.

hedwards: I don't personally like bullying, and ultimately that's what this is. [..]
You're basically saying that trying to report bullies is bullying.. that's wrong.
The system is surely imperfect, but that's just unavoidable with our means.

hedwards: If you're dealing with somebody you don't know, you're taking a risk. [..]
Lol, so you're blaming the victims?
low rated
hedwards: Giveaways written assuming that people will do something or not do something afterwards are rather ridiculous, there's no way of enforcing it other than to ban the user from future giveaways. Not to mention that it greatly cuts down on the generosity of the giveaway if you're then trying to control how people use the gift.
RWarehall: No, the person being ridiculous here is you. Who the heck are you anyway to tell everyone else how they should run their giveaways? Or how they should police them in making lists?

Sorry, if someone has a giveaway and specifies its for your own use, and then the person trades it away, they are a liar and scammer. Period. For you to make it out as if the gifters are doing something wrong by making the transgression publicly known is ludicrous.

Besides, who the hell appointed you the final say about what is right and noble on these forums. You seem to make a habit of shitting up threads with your wacky one-sided opinions, whether its this thread, whether its the sale threads where you keep trying to convince people GoG is doing something illegal with the sale you don't like, or the Windows 10 threads where you are vainly trying to bash Win 10 at every opportunity.

And every time someone disagrees with you, you tell them they are stupid and wrong, just like this thread...
LOL, are you for real? I didn't call you stupid, although quite frankly, you do seem to have some reading comprehension problems.

How do you know that they're trading the same copy that they won? We don't have any way of knowing what's on a person's library shelf, it's always possible that they used the copy as intended and liked it enough to give or trade it to somebody else. Or somebody else requested it as part of a trade. We don't have any way of knowing if that's the case.

As far as what's good and noble, I don't think that calling out bullies like you is unreasonable. As I've more than adequately explained this whole thread is a troll/bully thread. The "facts" aren't verifiable there's instances where the accusers are being outright ridiculous. And even when they aren't, since we have no way of verifying it, it results in a witch hunt to find wakalo, nes or whomever the target de jour is.

As for my "wacky" interpretation of legality. It's not wacky at all. Online gambling is illegal here. If you had bothered to read the posts you'd know that it's not wacky at all.

Anyways, I'm done wasting time responding to you. If you can't be bothered to read what I've written, I've got better things to do with my time.
hedwards: There's little evidence in many of these cases [..]
phaolo: The list isn't "official". It's both subjective and based on reports.
I've witnessed to the actions of some of the reported users, so I tend to trust it.
Proofs aren't easy to keep, because posts get deleted, people are absent or forget, lying alts are abundant, etc..
Who doesn't agree with the concept at all, can simply ignore the list.

hedwards: I don't personally like bullying, and ultimately that's what this is. [..]
phaolo: You're basically saying that trying to report bullies is bullying.. that's wrong.
The system is surely imperfect, but that's just unavoidable with our means.

hedwards: If you're dealing with somebody you don't know, you're taking a risk. [..]
phaolo: Lol, so you're blaming the victims?
Of course it's not official. I never said it was. The problem though is that it gets used and abused. Anybody whose name appears here gets excluded from giveaways regardless of whether they're guilty.

The system is a bully system. There's no way of verifying the accuracy of the accusations and there's no oversight.

You're using the word victims here in a rather strange way. If they view themselves as victims, then what they're doing isn't generous, it's controlling and manipulative.

I've occasionally given things away, but I've never expected anything out of it. I do think that people should thank me for doing it, but I wouldn't accuse them of being scammers if they didn't do that. People need to realize that there's no enforcement mechanism available and to plan the rules of their giveaways with that in mind.
RWarehall: Edit: And how about naming just one person who doesn't belong on the OP's list? Or are you here just to be an ass as usual...
You're an idiot. That's impossible for the same reason that the list itself is useless. There's no way of identifying who is and isn't breaking the rules.
Post edited September 17, 2015 by hedwards