It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hedwards: More likely they just store the transaction ID or something similar. It's basically useless as a way of getting the original CC number, but if they need to give a refund or keep track of sales, they can use that. The CC processor is the only party that's going to be able to turn that ID into a CC number and honestly, why would they even bother? They already have that.
toxicTom: They seem to have at least the last four numbers: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers_mach_two/post91
See Wishbone's post above, too.
Perhaps, I've never had a merchant account for a CC. The way that CC numbers work the first number represents what kind of a card it is. Whether it's a Mastercard, Visa or whatever. Then you have a few numbers that tell you which bank or issuer the card was issued by. Then after that you have some digits that identify the actual account.

There's any number of ways in which they can take 4 digits to verify against the ID that the processor gave them without needing to know the rest of the number.

Considering that Mastercard and Visa have forced American issuers to include a chip on the cards, I doubt that the processors are requiring people to store the whole number just to verify that the card is the same one that was used to make the original purchase.

EDIT: Probably the easiest way of handling it is to hash all but the last 4 of the card and then hash that along with the last four in order to generate an ID. It's possible to break that, but the likelihood is rather slim and it doesn't take much processing power to do that.
Post edited September 07, 2015 by hedwards
deleted
high rated
I thought the same thing, Fairfox.

If a grown man can lose the plot like this over some bored kid pressing the downrep button on his gaming forum account then God help any youngster that wanders on to his lawn in real life.

EDIT: Afterthought: To be fair he would probably give the kid his house after he'd finished throwing the fit
Post edited September 07, 2015 by Asbeau
high rated
Sachys: ... is as useful to them as a cock flavoured lollipop at my dads funeral.
thats a very disturbing comparance between 2 situations
Asbeau: To be fair he would probably give the kid his house after he'd finished throwing the fit
maybe i should suck up to aussie trolls more. woot, free house!
apehater: thats a very disturbing comparance between 2 situations
Right? Nobody likes a funeral.

[url= DON'T MAKE THE NECROPHILIA JOKE. I KNOW YOU WANT TO. DON'T DO IT. ][/url]
low rated
Emachine9643: Scammers-
apeheater (note the extra letter "E")
user_7643
apehate (note the missing letter "R")
DragonLich
SolarisLunaris
BlueSteel006
the_deadpool
Tauto
IndieKing
djboy
WalterBB
Raziel360
del_pierro
Prophet-Crysis
abop
FellSome
MR_Sinistar
hustller
Systematic
kanyeTune
PHC7OO6 (Imitation of PHC7006)
sxiixixix
eViL_NuKe
ciomalau
Norris
WakaloX99
tort1234
newdude
soxixixi
nes400
DragonLich
ChameleonMKX
nes4000
ddos_boss
xuxut
nerder
wnkzoz
rtuguu
Emachine9643 I am still waiting for an answer.
low rated
Emachine9643: Scammers-
apeheater (note the extra letter "E")

apehate (note the missing letter "R")

Tauto

nes400

nes4000
Tauto: Emachine9643 I am still waiting for an answer.
you are you. and nesXXX.
low rated
Tauto: Emachine9643 I am still waiting for an answer.
dick1982: you are you. and nesXXX.
And you are an idiot.
^ Gunsynd
low rated
Sachys: ^ Gunsynd
I've seen that info,suppose you and all the cops try and prove it.
^ Gunsynd
^ Wanker!
low rated
Sachys: ^ Wanker!
she is hot as hell admit it FOOLS

i expect no replies here for the next 10-15 min :)))))))))
Post edited September 10, 2015 by nesXXX
^ still wanking over it