It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bad_fur_day1: Where is World War Z 2.
tinyE: From what I heard delayed. It's definitely coming out, just later than expected.

You might give the book a shot even though it really has nothing to do with the movie other than the title.
I read somewhere they were trying to get David Fincher to direct, that would be good. The book would be a good read.
tinyE: From what I heard delayed. It's definitely coming out, just later than expected.

You might give the book a shot even though it really has nothing to do with the movie other than the title.
bad_fur_day1: I read somewhere they were trying to get David Fincher to direct, that would be good. The book would be a good read.
The book is a little odd. The plot is that the war is over and someone has been put in charge of writing a case by case history regarding what happened, so each chapter is really just a separate story.
I've recently watched Bloodsport and, yesterday, Under Siege.

The first is awful on all levels, I was astonished on how such an awful movie could have been so successful.

The second one was a fun action flick, even though Steven Seagal is rather mechanical and uninspired in his acting and martial art chops. Also, Tommy Lee Jones was clearly miscast as the maniacal villain; though he isn't awful, it's rather difficult to buy the idea of him as a loose cannon nutjob. In the end, some parts of the movie have aged well, others not so much.
I'm disappointed World War Z ended, so I may have to get the book. An excellent slice of fiction, world wars agains't zombies are awesome people.

I recently watched Under Siege again aswell, one of my old favorites.

Watched anime Attack on Titan, muchly recommended.

Also Saving Mr. Banks, cute little movie starring Tom Hanks about the making of Marry Poppins.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by bad_fur_day1
I'm desperately trying to think of any zombie movie I enjoyed, and Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island might actually be the closest to that :D (Except for Evil Dead of course, but I don't really think of it as "zombie" movie).
Post edited March 20, 2017 by Breja
Breja: I'm desperately trying to think of any zombie movie I enjoyed, and Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island might actually be the closest to that :D (Except for Evil Dead of course, but I don't really think of it as "zombie" movie).
The 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead was decent. You might enjoy it.
Breja: I'm desperately trying to think of any zombie movie I enjoyed, and Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island might actually be the closest to that :D (Except for Evil Dead of course, but I don't really think of it as "zombie" movie).
I've only ever seen, I think three, that I didn't love.

Can you try to name the ones you've seen? I say try because there are a few million out there and most people have seen more than a few.
tinyE: I've only ever seen, I think three, that I didn't love.

Can you try to name the ones you've seen? I say try because there are a few million out there and most people have seen more than a few.
Honestly I have not seen that many. barely any, considering how many there are. And I'm not even saying the ones I've seen were all bad. I just hate everything zombie related- movies, games, comics... it's a sub-genre that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. It's pretty much entirely irrational I guess.

I only remember the names of the new ones- Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, I am Legend... the older ones I;ve seen a long time ago I don't even remember which one it could be, there's so many "this or that of the dead".
Post edited March 20, 2017 by Breja
Update of World War Z 2 if anyone is interested. I so am.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1638420/whats-really-happening-with-world-war-z-2-according-to-the-producer
I watched Iron Fist. It's alright.

For starters, let me say I loved the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, due in no small part to their strong villains that drove the plot forward. Even with these though, I still felt the season could be brought down from 13 episodes down to 10, perhaps even 8, to streamline the story better.

The Netflix shows took a dip in quality starting with DD S2. I forgive that particular series because it was suffering from Iron Man 2 syndrome. It was pulling triple duty: it had to be a continuation to S1, it had to set up The Defenders, and it had to set up a future Punisher show. I wish it wasn't like that, but it turned out as good as it could've given the circunstances. As a result it had 4 different villains and the narrative felt very disjointed jumping from one to the other, which for a show that already could've used a little bit of streamlining, was a big issue. Luke Cage didn't have to do all that, I hoped it would go back to the quality of the first seasons of the previous solo series, unfortunetely it too had 4 villains, and its plot suffered for it. Now Iron Fist comes around and it has 3 villains, dragging it down.

The writing in Iron Fist is its biggest issue. Some of the conflicts feel contrived, and a lot of the dialogue can be quite cheesy and hokey, in a way that can be difficult for the actors to sell it. The issue however goes to the heart of the series. Daredevil S1 and at least parts of S2 were about justice vs. vigilantism, and Jessica Jones was one big abuse allegory, but Iron Fist is kind of about nothing. It sort of plays around with the question of "Who am I? Danny Rand or Iron Fist?", but by the end of it the character and the show never take a hard stance and make a choice, leaving with a wishy-washy feeling of trying to have its cake and eat it too. The show is also very indecisive on what direction to take its main character. They lean a bit on the arrested development side of him, and I know that with a childlike temperment can come also childish anger, but here it doesn't feel like two sides of the same personality, rather it comes across more as them not being sure if he should be naïve and childlike, enlightened platitude-spewing monk, brooding and angsty. It never congeals into a cohesive character.

The performances are all around pretty good, with a couple of stand outs. As I've mentioned, they couldn't always sell the hokey dialogue, but they succeeded more often than not and were all pretty fun to watch on screen. The one caveat being the lead actor, although in that case I can't blame him when the writing team didn't give him a consistent character to work with. For what it's worth I tought he did a great job with the naïve and childlike aspect of Danny Rand.

In the end, the show is alright. Most of it is competent enough, with some things rising above that and others sinking below, but none of it to the point of damning or elevating the show. The fights aren't as good as in Daredevil, granted here they can't cheat by sticking a stuntman in the costume and have him film most of it, but the action is far better than anything in Jessica Jones or Luke Cage. None of the villains are as good as those in DD, JJ or the best villain in Luke Cage, Cottonmouth, but on the other hand none of them are bad per se, neither are they as bad as the worst villain in Luke Cage, Diamondback. It doesn't have the escalating tension of DD and JJ, but the pacing is never the slog that Luke Cage became in its second half.

I recommend it for a lazy Saturday afternoon if you have any interest in the upcoming Defenders crossover, or if you just want to watch something cheesy with people punching and kicking each other.
Star Wars - Rogue One.

Overall it was really good, but I did not like the ending. The CGI effects were cool, as expected perhaps. Most importantly for me, it told a Star Wars story that felt completely new and fresh to me, not having read any of the books. So for the lore alone it was a highly worthwhile and interesting movie.

SPOILER of ENDING below !

I think there was more than enough character depth in the protagonist and co-protagonist to justify further movies based on these characters. Had the characters had been flat and boring, then sure, but there was some actual intrigue in both of them. It feels like a wasted opportunity to build something on.
I just watched Eraserhead (I know, I lived until now without having watched it, shame, shame, shame.).
I don't want to sleep until...May, may-be.

It makes no sense to talk about a "plot", if there's anyone here who hasn't seen it, I strongly suggest it. It's awesome. It's the most faithful representation of a nightmare I have ever seen.
It's incredible how black & white helps to recreate a dreamy state, I think it would have been much less incisive with colours. I'm astonished.
Lately;

Hostage - Standard Bruce Willis.

Along Came A Spider - Morgan Freeman is a great Alex Cross. The latest Alex Cross movie was horrid.

Both fairly low on great thrillers list, but not bad.
Only Lovers Left Alive:

It's a good movie, though for some reason I'd think of Jared Leto whenever Tom Hiddleston was on screen.

I enjoyed the story even if very little actually happens, and it's an incredibly slow movie, but a very well acted one.
Go Go Power Rangers! Yeah, that's right - it's morphin' time!

Having watched this as a kid (season one cast is the best) I didn't know what to expect going in, with the critics giving it 44/100 at metacritic, but the user reviewers at both metacritic and imdb rating it 7,4/10 resp. 7/10. If I was rating man, which I ain't (words say more than ratings) I would give it 8,5.

It's quite funny at times, even at the end when things look darker. It's great to see them playing around with their newfound powers at the start of the movie. Even the emotional, bonding scenes are good, which is a surprise, because the mandatory non-action/humor scenes are typically bad in action movies.

The villains (not to mention the Power Ranger armors) look quite different and I prefer the low-budget-ness of the 1993 series, but the effects and costumes still look great. The action scenes are also well done.

You might not enjoy it as much as me if you're completely ignorant of the franchise, but it's not hard to follow and very enjoyable from start to finish, never drags.