It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: Are you sure? Check the development of Marcin Iwinski, CD Projekt Red's CEO.
LOL, yeah I think he doesn't concern himself much with personal hair care. :) As long as he keeps pumping out great games that's fine by me though. :)
zeogold: *blows the dust off this thread*

...people still actually use this thing?
That's what she said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34
is the discord a better place for discourse?
Weclock: is the discord a better place for discourse?
NO NO NO
Weclock: is the discord a better place for discourse?
Magnus: NO NO NO
Wow that's grouchy. I don't have any clients that stay online 24/7... Discord suits me better.
New privacy agreement on Discord:
https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/6on7pe/can_we_please_get_a_tldrlegal_for_the_updated_tos/dkiocob/
Post edited July 21, 2017 by Klumpen0815
IRC IRC IRC!
BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!
Post edited December 27, 2017 by tinyE
happy new year
tinyE: BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!
I know it;s not him but I love gags like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19FMU3M7Jtk
Is there a manual for IRC?

I tried using the IRC settings in the first post to connect with Uplink and it seems to work... However, nobody else has typed anything, so I am uncertain whether I am completely logged in.

The "/help" has a very sparse listing. The "/me" seems to fail.
thomq: Is there a manual for IRC?

I tried using the IRC settings in the first post to connect with Uplink and it seems to work... However, nobody else has typed anything, so I am uncertain whether I am completely logged in.

The "/help" has a very sparse listing. The "/me" seems to fail.
Well, I see you've got one of those neat telescoping shovels, able to dig up threads that died over two years ago.

(Really wish the GOG staff were a bit more hardcore about hardline archiving threads.)

Since that thread began in 2008, a few things have happened since then, and you'll find that most people moved onto Discord. Chances are, the channel doesn't even exist anymore. (At least not to the idea that it used to.)

But if you INSIST on using IRC, an actual client will probably get you further than shouting into the abyss of some web client.
Post edited October 06, 2020 by Darvond
Darvond: Well, I see you've got one of those neat telescoping shovels, able to dig up threads that died over two years ago.

(Really wish the GOG staff were a bit more hardcore about hardline archiving threads.)
Well, it is actually called the "This is my favourite topic" checkbox. It is at the top and bottom of every page of a topic. Keeps the topic listed at the very top of its forum.

Been forever since I tried IRC at all. I guess I will just try to find a different IRC channel. I am curious about using Uplink for IRC. I already have emacs, otherwise.
Darvond: Well, I see you've got one of those neat telescoping shovels, able to dig up threads that died over two years ago.

I've never understood why some are all for preventing necro'ing threads. At worst it's a bump with nothing added to the existing discussion, at best some worthy new info and somewhere in the middle some question or whatnot. Ie: pretty much the same as any topic bumped whether old or new.

OTOH forcing new topics quickly leads to more redundant topic spam (ironically punishing the fewer users thoughtful enough to at least search older, existing topics).
Post edited October 06, 2020 by Coreda

Coreda: I've never understood why some are all for preventing necro'ing threads. At worst it's a bump with nothing added to the existing discussion, at best some worthy new info and somewhere in the middle some question or whatnot. Ie: pretty much the same as any topic bumped whether old or new.

OTOH forcing new topics quickly leads to more redundant topic spam (ironically punishing the fewer users thoughtful enough to at least search older, existing topics).
I feel there's a reasonable time quota that can be granted as a grace period, and otherwise a hard limit should be instated and enforced. 6 months with no new activity would be reasonable in my books. Otherwise, the ability to drag a thread back from the depths of irrelevancy just makes it a free target for spambots or for people who don't read post dates to bring up dead news.

Both of which have occurred frequently; I've seen many a game release thread get dragged from the mire long after the game has left.