It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: Long, long gone. Meet Fables 2.0!
Isn't that a downgrade, numerically speaking? :P
Post edited June 09, 2018 by SirPrimalform
MarkoH01: why different game versions do use different shortcuts in the start menu while the desktop shortcut remains unchanged.
I am not very competent in this area, but the rollbacked version might be an "old type" of a game build. Downgrading might trigger off some features.
Also, I have heard about an existing process of "degalaxification" of shortcuts, and numerous discussions about start menu shortcuts.

I don't know more unfortunately. :(
MarkoH01: why different game versions do use different shortcuts in the start menu while the desktop shortcut remains unchanged.
Johny.: I am not very competent in this area, but the rollbacked version might be an "old type" of a game build. Downgrading might trigger off some features.
Also, I have heard about an existing process of "degalaxification" of shortcuts, and numerous discussions about start menu shortcuts.

I don't know more unfortunately. :(
You might not know much of the issue at hand but you probably know who you could ask to chime in here and clear up the confusion, don't you? ;) Thank you for your guesses though.
Jo guys o/,

games that where linked to Galaxy instead of the gamefolder and the exe
were Divinity Original Sin 2 and Sudden Strike 4 (for example)

But ok i used ofc Galaxy to install them... yet i expected that the Desktop
icon still links to the game exe instead of the Galaxy Client. But i guess
it has to be expected when you use Galaxy.

I use Galaxy too, to keep the games compact in one place (just to many icons
on the Desktop otherwise, aye? hehhe )

Next game i ll buy though and install via Galaxy i ll test the independent start
nevertheless.

Besides ... what i said with deleting games from your Library, for the time being
you re right, it is "theft" yet i am sure developers and publishers have those ideas
to take them away somehow because the EULA just will grant you a temporary
right to use the license for using their software. *shivers*

As i stated i fear that day... since no one of the gamers will give a shit.
Just look at the general situation... no one cares about propertey when it comes
to PC gaming.... even worse i already write with people who don t even get what
i am exactly talking about, since they don t know how it SHOULD be.

You may also take a look at the "streamed games" ideas they have ;)
So you might understand my concerns.

So long
GHOSTMD: But ok i used ofc Galaxy to install them... yet i expected that the Desktop
icon still links to the game exe instead of the Galaxy Client. But i guess
it has to be expected when you use Galaxy.
Thank you that helped. Yes, when installing using Galaxy this is the behaviour that has to be expected.

GHOSTMD: I use Galaxy too, to keep the games compact in one place (just to many icons
on the Desktop otherwise, aye? hehhe )
Same here - I also do use game time tracking and sometimes achievements. But even though I use those features it's really important for me that the client is not mandatory. Luckily I do believe GOG here and don't worry about this.

GHOSTMD: Besides ... what i said with deleting games from your Library, for the time being
you re right, it is "theft" yet i am sure developers and publishers have those ideas
to take them away somehow because the EULA just will grant you a temporary
right to use the license for using their software. *shivers*
You can't just include everything in EULA and hope to get away with it. There are things that cannot be included in EULAs (or other cotracts). But even if this would be possible in this case: If devs would include the right to take away the game from your library you would have to know about this BEFORE buying the game. That's one reason why EULAs in Germany aren't valid.

GHOSTMD: Just look at the general situation... no one cares about propertey when it comes
to PC gaming.... even worse i already write with people who don t even get what
i am exactly talking about, since they don t know how it SHOULD be.
I am quite sure it's not that extreme as you describe it. People DO care about their property. It's one reason why DRM-free is such an important thing for several here.

So cool down and relax. I am sure everything will be all right :)
Post edited June 09, 2018 by MarkoH01
Well they can t include it in the EULAs yet.... but when i take a look (for example)
to streamed games ideas EA and now UBIJUICE put out .... i don t think we
are THAT far from those ideas i mentioned.

Ofc here in this place ppl are understanding, but believe me or not.... i already was
called out by other gamers for being and idiot because i tried to explain the same
thing. They didn t cared at all... all i heard after a while was, i do not give a fuck
i want to play. Exactly the reason why we have to deal with the market situation
like it is right now, i think.

Well as long GoG stays like it is, i have a place where i can buy games ;)

So long
Thank you for reverting the trolling bullshit you pulled with the hidden and default disabled "download offline installers" - they are now clearly to be seen like it was before.
Well done, now it's more clear, thank you GOG! ^_^
Exploring this and it appears that the new solution simplifies things for everyone both on the customer side and on the GOG side of things, and polishes the whole process for everyone, making it easier to install or download with or without Galaxy. I haven't tested either out yet, but it looks like a great improvement on the surface.

Thanks to GOG for continuing to refine product/service offerings for us! It's been a year and a half since I last backed up my entire game library, and I'm far overdue for another full library backup for sure. Will be experimenting with all of the current options once the new hard disks show up some time in the next few months.

I have an unrelated question though: Did all of the standalone game installers ever get updated with Galaxy awareness so that installing every single game via standalone installers will have them automatically get registered with Galaxy client if it is installed? That was an ongoing problem for quite some time in the last few years which I'm hoping has long since been resolved and I'm just behind on as I haven't been able to keep up on things for a while. :)

Thanks for the updates!
elcook: Now, regarding some users stating that this is the next step to make GOG GALAXY mandatory. It's not :) GOG is 10 years on the market now, and we've been strict about our DRM-free policy. We stated multiple times that the client will remain optional, and we're not going to strip you from the option to download backup installers.
Just wanted to point this out and say thank you so much. It has been an apprehension of mine for quite some time now that there would be a day when Galaxy would become forced. I can rest a little easier now :)