It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wish i could download the offline installers + goodies this way and i still use the GOG Downloader to download my games from GOG.
InkPanther: I wonder how many folks using Galaxy will choose those installers over installing the game directly in the client.
I'll be honest, I do often just open Galaxy to see what has updated, this could eschew a step or two on days I don't feel like it.
This is great!

Now if only Linux users could get the same benefit. I'd prefer downloading an installer stub, especially for games I've already got installed, that way a delta process could be had, and both parties wouldn't waste bandwidth.
Post edited June 08, 2018 by Darvond
AB2012: That does sound a much better solution all round than hiding offline installers behind two-clicks "More" menu.

One minor bug spotted - Although it does seem to be working, I have noticed one game in my library you missed. Crookz The Big Heist still seems to be falsely named 1.0.0.24260(g) for the non-Galaxy offline installer (the (g) meaning "includes Galaxy"). It's possible you either forgot to remove the Galaxy installer from this game, or that you mistakenly gave the non-Galaxy "Offline Installer" files the same name as the Galaxy files (in which case it should be as simple as renaming it without the "g"). See attached picture as to how it appears in my library.
elcook: Thanks for spotting that. We're on it.
Bombshell, Prison Architect, and Urban Empire are also affected by the same bug. [1]
We have reported the same bug tens of times at forum, and GOG staff never fix them.

[1]
setup_bombshell_1.2.10466(g)_(16787)*
setup_prison_architect_32_13f_(17245)_(g).exe
setup_urban_empire_1.2.1.3(g)_(16910)*
elcook: ... if you don’t want to use our optional client, you don’t have to look for the classic installers through „More” option, just download the installer files from the second section. ...
Was screening the text for the important information, found it, processed it, sounds OK to me.
kbnrylaec: Bombshell, Prison Architect, and Urban Empire are also affected by the same bug. [1]
We have reported the same bug tens of times at forum, and GOG staff never fix them.

[1]
I wonder, could he pull a
du | grep "(g)"
to find these easier?
kbnrylaec: Bombshell, Prison Architect, and Urban Empire are also affected by the same bug. [1]

[1]
kohlrak: I wonder, could he pull a

du | grep "(g)"
kohlrak: to find these easier?
GOG staff never know how to use automatic tools.
I mean it.

References:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/why_gog_do_not_use_automatic_tools_for_datechecksumfilesize
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_wrong_countdown_timezone_promo_of_gog
to find these easier?
kbnrylaec: GOG staff never know how to use automatic tools.
I mean it.

References:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/why_gog_do_not_use_automatic_tools_for_datechecksumfilesize
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_wrong_countdown_timezone_promo_of_gog
They only have to trust us long enough to try it ONCE XD
GaG: sum of our games now have installers, bundled with galaxy
Community: screw this, we are there for bloatware-free games!

--few months later--

GaG: all of our games now have installers, bundled with galaxy! We just renamed them to exclude "galaxy" word, lolz
Community: yay!

Like really. I understand, that galaxy installers now arent "just games, bundled with galaxy". But it doesnt change the fact, that they exist and take the most noticable part of download screen (dark patterns as is). And now they also present for ALL games. Im unsure if we can call it "improvement".

[1]
gothic 2 also feature this issue (different-language versions too). Atleast featured yesterday.

[pessimism]inb4 all offline installers include galaxy[/pessimism]
Post edited June 08, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Cool, the introduction of a new feature that pleases everyone.

Very well done, gog! :)

Ancient-Red-Dragon: These new web installers do not allow the users to choose which version number of the game they want to download right? I just checked, and they didn't seem to offer that option.

[...]

IMO what GOG needs to do to solve this problem is to let the customer download the original release version of the game, and then subsequently choose for themselves which patches they want to apply, or not. This needs to be an option that is built directly into GUIs of the website and the Galaxy client.

Clearly, the assumption that the latest version of a game is the best one isn't always correct. So GOG ought not to force that faulty assumption onto its customers by denying them access to earlier versions.
Absolutely agreed! I'd love it if you could have an option to download all previous installers. And not just the post-Galaxy installers either. In some cases, a game I love has become an altogether different game over time. One such example would be Thief. I love what they did with the NewDark patch, but it turned Thief into a different game. They turned it into Thief 2 with Thief 1 levels. The visuals look somewhat different, some subtle yet drastic gameplay changes take effect (you can now climb obstacles that were previously inaccessible) and the AI in particular reacts in ways it wasn't meant to. Case in point: Thief 2 introduced an AI upgrade that would make NPCs run for the nearest archer if you pointed at them with a bow and arrow when you were in a spot they couldn't reach, whereas in Thief 1 they would just stand there and wait for you to come down. There's one problem with this in Thief 1: The levels weren't designed with that AI behaviour in mind, so NPCs that would be perfectly capable of taking you down go straight into panic mode and start running in search for an archer, and since some of these levels simply don't have archers, they're stuck in panic mode for the rest of the game.

And not just because of bugs either. Every once in a while, a game will offer some exclusive content in one particular version (for example, certain in-game items to celebrate a particular holiday season). For instance, Among The Sleep released a Halloween themed patch around October '14. Unfortunately, my backup copy died years ago along with my hard drive. And it was only a few months ago that I decided to ask gog whether they still had a copy of that patch.They initially referred me to the rollback function, but since rollback only works for post-Galaxy versions, that particular wasn't there. I have to give a special shout out to gog support in this case, they really went above and beyond for me: They actually went ahead and dug out this old, obscure patch and made it available for me. I appreciate the grade A service, yet I think it would be best if this process could be automated, by allowing users to download every and all builds.
Gekko_Dekko:
It's more of a "yay, normal installers are not hidden any more and you're upfront about what's being actually installed". I don't think many folks are praising GOG for Galaxy installers having such a prominent spot.
Post edited June 08, 2018 by InkPanther
to find these easier?
kbnrylaec: GOG staff never know how to use automatic tools.
I mean it.

References:
SO you feel their staff hate Automation?
high rated
Thank you all for the feedback! We're glad to see most of you like this update.

As for false positive virus warnings - we're already on it and hope this will be fix quickly.

Now, regarding some users stating that this is the next step to make GOG GALAXY mandatory. It's not :) GOG is 10 years on the market now, and we've been strict about our DRM-free policy. We stated multiple times that the client will remain optional, and we're not going to strip you from the option to download backup installers.
Yes, we do believe that playing games through GOG GALAXY gives you the full experience, as you can enjoy multiple features like auto-updates, cloud saves, achievements, etc., and we'd like to give users the best experience possible, BUT if you don't care about the above and want to stick to the classic way of downloading the installer and playing your games without the client, you're welcome to do so! :)
Well all this "seems" ok for me (for now)
But only as long as the games will still start standalone.
No matter what installer i use and as the GoG Team stated
it ll ALWAYS be that way, am i right?

This is my personal limit for games i buy, they have to be complete
unbound from third party tools and have to work standalone and without
internet connection and without starting the according client automatically.

As long as GoG ll stay like that, its ok. I even use Galaxy on voluntary basis
since it brings the games into one place (for example).

But there are minor issues that kind of "worry" me... for example if i choose
to place a Desktop icon, that it doesn t link to the game exe anymore.
(you have to do it manually now)

I might be wrong ... but for me those might be the first warning signs that
one day Galaxy ll automatically start when i try to start the game independent
and i ll keep an eye on those changes for sure.
Post edited June 08, 2018 by GHOSTMD
Thank you, I like this solution much more than the previous one.
elcook: Thank you all for the feedback! We're glad to see most of you like this update.

As for false positive virus warnings - we're already on it and hope this will be fix quickly.

Now, regarding some users stating that this is the next step to make GOG GALAXY mandatory. It's not :) GOG is 10 years on the market now, and we've been strict about our DRM-free policy. We stated multiple times that the client will remain optional, and we're not going to strip you from the option to download backup installers.
Yes, we do believe that playing games through GOG GALAXY gives you the full experience, as you can enjoy multiple features like auto-updates, cloud saves, achievements, etc., and we'd like to give users the best experience possible, BUT if you don't care about the above and want to stick to the classic way of downloading the installer and playing your games without the client, you're welcome to do so! :)
sounds good to me!