Hope you’ll enjoy this new feature when it comes to GOG, and expect an official announcement very soon!
Ok, I'm allowing myself to compile what I believe most of us here reached something of a consensus on into a single post, so that it's easier for you to hopefully give us some answer to our suggestions/complaints.
1. The default setting should be the "max privacy" one. We realise that you want the new feature to be used by as many people as possible, but it should be their choice, not a default setting you hope they won't bother to change. Not everyone is going to know about this change immediately. It's no loss for someone who wants to use it to opt-in at a later moment, but it is a problem for someone who doesn't want it to suddenly realise infor they wanted private was public. And if you want a more "selfish" reason GOG should want it set to private as default - in the light of recent controversies, it would look better for you to show such care for our privacy.
2. You should do more to inform everyone about the coming change than to just make an indistinguishable forum thread. Not everyone uses the forum, not even everyone who does will notice one thread among many.
3. The "your visibility" checkbox is extremely poorly implemented with the confusing changing description text.
4. "Find by username" and "find by email" should be two separate options.
5. We can choose to hide our list of friends, but we'll still be visable on friend lists of our friends if they make those friend lists visable, kind of making the choice to make your list hidden pointless. We should have the option to just be invisable.