It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
Nalkoden: Gotta be like Steam, gotta try to milk as much data as we can, gotta have ALL THE MONEY.
That's unfair. You can disable that “feature” on Steam.
high rated
mk47at: And they didn't bother to fix the help text: “See new chat messages, forum replies, friend invites, as well as important announcements and deals relevant to you”

GOG unlocked the achievement “break one of only a few working features of the webpage”
And taking that bit out of the text is all the fixing we may see.

mk47at: Same as the support page. You only have the option to choose “praise” as topic for new support messages…
Wait, what?
Post edited April 23, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Wait, what?
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other

Look at the “Problem type” box. You can only select “kudos/positive feedback”.

There is no option for “negative feedback”.
high rated
SO GOG's pushing more of the optional extra Galaxy down people's throat, and then implement their "privacy" at such level that isn't really privacy. And linking it to FB is a bad and horrible idea.

And still no Galaxy For Linux
Post edited April 23, 2018 by PeterPanPirate
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Wait, what?
mk47at: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other

Look at the “Problem type” box. You can only select “kudos/positive feedback”.

There is no option for “negative feedback”.
Oh wow. That's a new low.
MIK0: Well said.
It's not a matter of unwanted feature (even if there are a lot of much requested ones). As always it is a matter of freedom of choice, transparency, listening to feedback and professional implementation. Things that apparently are outside of GOG's scope. They have all the means to do good and willingly choose to do otherwise. The post of a couple of day ago, which I found by luck, seems a joke now for how useless it was. For my point of view GOG should disband the entire pr team.

I also noticed that the best way to solve part of the issue right now is to remove friends from my list. I have you on my list and I was fine even if we chatted a couple of time. I had no reason to remove you. Now I have you on my activity feed, without a way to choose what to display or not.
On my profile I have infos even I don't want to display. I see a list of recently played games which I did not play as all my games has 0h but still figure out as played somehow.
HypersomniacLive: I'm truly sorry for cluttering your activity feed, I mean it.

I was considering of keeping only those friends that don't leak anything about me, i.e. have all these new social features set to "only me", but if any of them would prefer to unfriend me because of the activity feed noise, I'm totally fine with it.
Well in the feed I have mostly your changelog posts (seriously, there are too many tasks the community take upon themself that GOG is actively neglecting) and Judas thriving gaming activity. So your activity are not entirely useless to me (even if they are not properly rendered as they show forum markup) but I would have liked to choose. I would prefer to go to your profile and, if you configured it as public, read the information there. Instead I have no choice, neither do you.
I would have considered chosing friends only settings but for the lack of better control I set all of them as "only me" except chat.
Djaron: talkin about background, a REAL question here:

if/when my settings are switched on "only me", when i would change background color (or picture) it says "save and publish it"

will it means that if i ever personalize my profile any further than the greyish blue default, and validate the personalization i made, it will then be published publicly ? or the profile will remain hidden except for me to see it ?

i ask because the whole "PUBLISH IT" in the button/warning makes me very cautious and unsure
Olauron: It is "PUBLISH" button because everyone on GOG will see your background. If you don't want to show it to other users don't set background.
oh yes, you are right... i didnt think about the fact that the profile was still partially visible anyway to all, regardless of the tabs that can be set to "only me"... makes sense then...

that is, at least, until we may be allowed to get a button/option to completely hide/switch off the profile's visibility to others but ourselves of course...

Olauron: And no "Larry" background as well. I guess we'll have to wait.
Anime-BlackWolf: At least "HuniePop" has a wallpaper background, better than nothing. :)
really ? then there is no need to think twice about it :)
As a little bit of feedback for GOG, concerning the update I'm happy to inform them that I was able to reduce the load on their database servers by removing all but one of my GOG friends, because the rest of them (presumably) showed their friendslist to everyone.
So that's something I guess...

HeartsAndRainbows: This is not the first time GOG handled their users' right for privacy poorly and it will probably not be the last. However, I currently considering to make it the last time this happened to me by deleting my account. Given GOG's general attitude this seems to be the only way to be sure.
tfishell: I wouldn't necessarily blame you. Thanks for your assistance with the wishlist, and make sure you back up your games!
Thanks for reminding me, tfishell. :) But I already backed up all of my GOG installers locally after they locked me out of the site by using Google's CAPTCHAs. (I guess I could get the Mac installers as well, for the case I ever find a Mac in someone's bulk garbage...)

As a side note for other users: I stopped getting notification (the little bell on the top of the side) about forum replies, so please don't take offense If you don't get replies from me. ...ever again.
I feel like I should write a bug report about this, but as I implied above, in two days or so this might no longer be a problem of mine.
high rated
More shoehorned social media crap? Joy.

Shouldn't you guys be working on courting more publishers, following up on developers who have abandoned their GOG games, letting us hide galaxy installers by default, firing your current curators and apologizing to publishers they've mindlessly rejected, better Linux support?... you know, things that would be condusive to the running of a store?
Post edited April 23, 2018 by ReynardFox
high rated
Great!
It's good to see that you invest your time in developing some useless social features, instead of other stuff nobody asks for, like linux support for Galaxy...

:/
heh

my post was deleted fast

what fuckers
goblinskr: How I can hide my profile?
I want this info to be private.
In Steam my profile is hidden, so i want in GOG do the same.

upd: figured out already
ah, but I see you own 550 games, have 41 achievements, and 261 hours played!!!

WANT TO BE FRIENDS!??!?!?!?!
Post edited April 23, 2018 by drealmer7
low rated
Jeysie: [...] I'm also not going to be happy if the hysteria causes GOG to pull a feature I've wanted for a while now; the hysterical folks have already managed to cause GOG to make it mostly useless for me. :/
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, it was you that made at least one comment about being disappointed by the patronising tone of the other camp; I'd think you'd be one to refrain from doing the same.
People are sitting here filling the thread about how a 100% voluntary option that does literally nothing but show what games you own and have played and forum into that's already public, and is an option that Steam and most other gaming venues have had for a long while now, and a feature that a large number of people asked for, means that GOG has betrayed them and violated their privacy in horrific and unforgivable ways they want to delete all their games and retain a lawyer for.

How am I supposed to respond to that without being patronizing? I mean, I actually tried being calm and understanding, and in return I got a barrage of posts about how I must be brainwashed if I can't understand how a people finding out what games they play is such a massive violation of their well-being and how the sky is falling that it happened. So.

Likewise, what originally started out as a reasonable "Hey GOG can you make sure the default setting is max privacy" has turned into a barrage of posts with people saying "turn this shit off" and "I wonder how the EU is going to feel about this" and generally screaming and crying about how GOG has betrayed them. It's getting to be actively secondhand cringe inducing at this point.

HypersomniacLive:
I wonder if people ever realize that screaming bloody murder because GOG did nothing but implement a feature that was requested by a lot of users and that's been common in just about every other gaming platform is way, way, WAY more likely to draw mockery than owning 1000 games.

I mean, I definitely cringe at having to explain this to my Steam friends. "Yeah GOG finally got the same game-sharing feature that Steam has had all this time, but everyone's screaming like GOG just murdered and ate their firstborn child for doing it." I wish all those people who say they want GOG to be taken seriously as a gaming platform would realize this is sort of reaction is going to achieve the exact opposite.
GOG is now sucking from the huge corporate cockpipe, obviously

time to start using humble bundle and just getting the games I really want wherever is cheapest
Looks good, alltough i dont see myself using it frequently aside from minor curiosity at launch such as checking some random profiles and my own.
I'm ok with current privacy settings, but couldn't hurt to add another setting for complete obscurity.
Gog could even take the opportunity to add a ignore function to the foruns. It's a shame that requires using a script.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by darkangelz
high rated
Breja: Yep, it's shit. Everything you said + the "forum replies" page takes forever for me to load, while with the previous notification system I could easily open all replies in a flash.

It's very annoying, but I didn't mention anything because it's still small potatoes next to the clusterfuck that is the fact my library count is still publicly displayed and that elcook very clearly ignored my repeated attempts to get any sort of a response. I mean, "the PR guy" should at least politely respond with "I'll look into that" or "please be patient while we iron everything out". Something worthless, but still something. Instead he kept responding to others, but on this issue - not even a polite "fluff you".
Small potatoes or not, I'm fed up with this crap. It's not just annoying, it's at least two steps backwards from what we had in terms of functionality.

Leaking people's personal data without their consent, against their wishes and regardless of their chosen settings was more than enough for one day.

I'm not surprised elcook acted as if your posts were made with invisible digital ink; that's GOG's M.O.
Which reminds me, I need to thank him for providing the clarification we asked for, and for putting our feedback to good use.