It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
Irenicus73: You and I may just be using the situation as an example, but I won't be surprised when people begin to weaponize that number in earnest, and conversations devolve into a comparison of numbers that users cannot currently turn off the display of.
Me neither and I'm really sorry you are being put in this position.
high rated
Include the top Games #, Achievement #, and Hours played # numbers in the privacy settings. Allow those to not be public.

I assumed those things would be able to be set private. Only the hardcore enough to read this forum for this window of time would think otherwise. This is an unwelcome surprise. The majority of users will have no idea that these numbers are always public, as I'm sure you're aware, GOG.

Fix it.
legal team has advised them to send out a mass email

what fucking morons!

I encourage sending an email to privacy@gog.com and ask things like "how do I delete my profile? do I have to delete my account? how do I do that?"
vidsgame: Re: Introducing GOG Profiles

Maybe you could unintroduce them or maybe just give us the option of turning the profiles off.
boztix: We like most users but logically everything in gog must be voluntary. If you do not like them do not use gog galaxy and problem solved.
I was referring to the website. I'd avoid galaxy even with a ten foot pole.
high rated
This is made mainly for galaxy users right? I don't use galaxy.
The whole thing looks nice and shiny, and the wallpapers are also nice. But personally I have no use for this, I won't visit that much profiles of other members (probably) or actualize my "feeds".
All this social media bullshit makes me feel tired and I feel old as a thirty-something, don't know if that should make me sad or happy.
Don't believe the hype (anymore): other people aren't that interesting. We're all ordinary and boring. That's the reason why selfies and fuckoffbook were invented: to paint over this fact and walk new paths for few smart people to earn a shitload of money with all us idiots. ;)

PS: Since when does GOG have this facebook-login button on the sign-in window? Wasn't it implemented these days when "facebookgate" was discovered? Haha once again, nice timing GOG! :D
I slowly believe the gogmakers have a very fine sense of humour and they reflect and comment the bullshit happening in the world on gog.com in a very subtile way. Yep, that's exactly what I think. Absolutely. 100-%-ly.

PPS: When will we get overhauled GOG-mixes? For now they're still not yet usable to their full potential. I guess they're are more useful - and social - to people than this so-called "social"-crap. ;)
high rated
Please vote on the wishlist entry for privacy features if you haven't , GOG is more likely to see that than a thread in the forum!
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
gamefood: This is made mainly for galaxy users right? I don't use galaxy.
The whole thing looks nice and shiny, and the wallpapers are also nice. But personally I have no use for this, I won't visit that much profiles of other members (probably) or actualize my "feeds".
All this social media bullshit makes me feel tired and I feel old as a thirty-something, don't know if that should make me sad or happy.
Don't believe the hype (anymore): other people aren't that interesting. We're all ordinary and boring. That's the reason why selfies and fuckoffbook were invented: to paint over this fact and walk new paths for few smart people to earn a shitload of money with all us idiots. ;)

PS: Since when does GOG have this facebook-login button on the sign-in window? Wasn't it implemented these days when "facebookgate" was discovered? Haha once again, nice timing GOG! :D
I slowly believe the gogmakers have a very fine sense of humour and they reflect and comment the bullshit happening in the world on gog.com in a very subtile way. Yep, that's exactly what I think. Absolutely. 100-%-ly.

PPS: When will we get overhauled GOG-mixes? For now they're still not yet usable to their full potential. I guess they're are more useful - and social - to people than this so-called "social"-crap. ;)
I like calling it Zuckergate or Facebookgate with a dash of Zuckertard works too. Unfortunately, this is a major change to the website as well. By default, the settings are enabled and you have to go into your account settings and disable them, however, there is no way to completely turn off your profile as even with everything disabled, the number of games you have is still visible.
low rated
Irenicus73: For someone with a lower game count like myself, there's almost a sense of nervousness brought on by this new change, where my opinion will be discarded immediately by someone with thousands of games, like yourself. It's an awkward feeling, like some sort of brand new rep or hierarchy system has been inadvertently introduced through these changes that allows immediate numerical comparison between two people without even reading their words. I always figured that was the whole point of posts simply saying "High Rated" or "Low Rated", was for it not to devolve into a numbers game on the forums, and yet here we are with a brand new tool to do exactly that.

You and I may just be using the situation as an example, but I won't be surprised when people begin to weaponize that number in earnest, and conversations devolve into a comparison of numbers that users cannot currently turn off the display of.
If someone has a problem with someone else's low game count, then instead of bullying he should just gift a few games to the person with the lower game count, preferably games the person wants if a wish list is a part of his public profile that's the subject of all this commotion.
RainbowDragon: @SpiderFighter, @HeartsAndRainbows and @all
I do get your points and agree with you that the list of non-buyers might take us nowhere. About the long list of gog's past failures and broken promises ... I guess I better do not comment anymore on that today...

Anyway, no more money for gog from me until I have the option to keep my data private...

And maybe the feature request for privacy will speak for itself if the number of votes outgrows the number of votes in favour for public profiles. Almost 400 votes already by now - within 3 days! The public profiles request needed 6 YEARS for their 1280 votes... THAT really should be sending a message to gog!

As a - probably final note for now - I have received gog's
We’ve updated our Privacy and Cookie Policies!
e-mail in the meantime but do not want to go through that anymore today. The
privacy@gog.com
address might be useful in the future.

Still no update to my support ticket.
6 years ago gog had a lot fewer users. Just read in various internet forums to see how well received the profiles have been, something that many users have been asking for both inside gog.com and outside.

However, I agree that the option to add private profiles is added, but like other users, it seems perfect that profiles, achievements, cloud save ... are added as they are optional and the no drm remains.
It's all great but it'd be cool if we'd have direct link to user's profile when they invite us to their friendlist to check who they are. And direct link to my friends' profiles on 'Friends' page. Or maybe we have it but I'm blind – sorry then, I should probably go to sleep instead :')
high rated
In the privacy policy "8. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION", I don't see that I've given permission to make any of my personal information visible to anyone but myself on my user profile... (edit: GOG has permission to give information about activities to friends though, but I'm writing about the three numbers on top...)

Come May 25, I might send a mail to GOG legal support about this if this is not addressed in that time...
Post edited April 26, 2018 by onemnstr
HypersomniacLive: Odd, has anyone gotten an email about these? According to the User Agreement [emphasis added]:
I have an email in my account as of 5.75 hours or so ago. So roughly 2 hours after you asked.

Edit - though I forgot I linked into the middle of this thread, so perhaps 20 people have already responded to your question.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by bler144
high rated
lol.

i finally got the note about gdpr.

the profile seems...very tone deaf in the face of that letter.

from it:

"GDPR also grants you new rights. Under GDPR, you have the right to access your data, correct it, restrict access to it, or transfer it to another entity."

and then, they launch the profile.

annnnnd you can only do some of that, some of the time.

added in later: if this wasn't privacy-oriented and important, it'd almost be campy and hilarious. but it's not. so gog, please comply with the law. thank you.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by lostwolfe
high rated
This profile roll out was very poorly done. I only found out about profile by reading a news site. Opt out seems counter to the rules of GDPR and I learned them for work. It also goes against what I would have liked to have released about me behind my back. Admittedly other online games shops do the same. But then again, there are reasons I stopped using them.

Do better in the future.
high rated
This is a unwanted mess they should have left the site alone and should have made it optional for gog galaxy only like the optional cancer it is now.