It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Can I hide individual games from my games list at some point, too? I don't want the whole world to know about some of them. Some of these games are simply emberassing to even have.
high rated
I'm honestly starting to feel hatred for GOG with this profiles update. I liked it because til now Galaxy and the service as a whole was just me paying for my games, and that was that. But now I have a profile with 7 achievements and 3 games played when in reality I own over a hundred. I deleted my Facebook account a couple years back to cut back on empty profiles,if I could do the same with GOG safely I happily would zap my profile away here.
Vainamoinen: If I don't use the fucking client, I don't want my play time and trophies displayed as "0". It's just an unfair and stupid attempt to ostracize people who don't use Galaxy,
I feel super ostracized.

No seriously, looking with pride at my little zeroes, and throwing lttle rocks at those who have galaxy minutes and achievements, rank amongst the good aspects of that stuff.
high rated
How do we completely opt out of this entirely so that this information isn't tracked and displayed to anyone?

I don't want DRM in my games and I don't want DRM in my collection of games.
high rated
Despite the flood* of users expressing their concerns <span class="bold">beforehand<span class="bold">, it seems like this feature was launched with privacy settings set to visible to everyone by default. The fact that someone would need to take a few minutes to create a throw-away GOG account to see a user's gaming related information doesn't serve as any kind of relief.
"Hope you don't mind your friends and family seeing how many hours you're wasting away with those video games."

Of course I am not blind to the fact that there are people who really don't mind and I am genuinely happy for the 1,275 users that specifically asked for Public GOG profiles on the wishlist as well as the users who wanted the other features. You waited forever for this and now it's finally here. Good for you.
What I am criticizing is not the introduction of these "optional" features but rather the way they were introduced: As obligatory features.
There should have either been an email, informing GOG's users well ahead of time about this upcoming update or the privacy settings should have been set to private.

Having your previously private information made public is something users would have to opt in for - not opt out of. Consent is nothing you ask for after the fact! You don't forcefully grab someone's wrist, take them for a dance, step on their toes and then ask "May I?" when you're done with them. (If you feel like I avoided another fitting analogy really really hard, you're right.)

This is not the first time GOG handled their users' right for privacy poorly and it will probably not be the last. However, I currently considering to make it the last time this happened to me by deleting my account. Given GOG's general attitude this seems to be the only way to be sure.

* by GOG's userbase standards and taking into account that the previous "Announcement"/"Warning" was hidden away in a regular forum post that was made 5 days ago.
I wonder if GOG will maintain dead silence, or promise us an option to turn off our profiles in hopes of shutting us up, and proceed to never deliver, just like with setting classic installers as default. Place your bets!
high rated
Hey GOG. I'm not a trained PR dude, and I'm not super active on these forums, but I could have told you, with absolute 100% certainty, that not giving users a privacy option that totally preserved their privacy would go down like a lead balloon. Did you genuinely not realize this, based on years of interaction with this community? It would have been so easy to make everyone happy, so why'd you have to go and do this?
tfishell: Suggestion: if you believe any changes will affect how much money you spend on GOG, consider messaging Support. I sent them one encouraging letting people to turn off the upper-right corner info (though I don't spend enough money here for it to really affect my choice).

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other
Good Lord. Your post made me curious as to how much I've spent at GOG over the years (a task that is made more complicated than it needs to be, natch, since GOG doesn't give a total like most online stores (including Steam) do) and it's way too much money. I need to get at my backlog - hereafter known as my "shelf of shame."
Post edited April 23, 2018 by SpiderFighter
high rated
Summed up many people's reaction to GOG profiles :p
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Pheace
high rated
USERNAME:randomuser.833#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:252#Q&_^Q&Q#Thanks for the missing option to hide a profile. And I mean to hide it in total.
Thanks for showing data about my account i never wanted to share and not giving me the option to disable it.

I never wanted a profile webside but now I want an option to disable it...#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:252#Q&_^Q&Q#
Thanks to not using galaxy you don't see more.
I came to gog for shopping games. And gog isn't more for me then just an onlineshop.Something compareable to amazon.
Until now it was no problem to ignore the social stuff gog was bringing up. Now I got a profile with informations in it.

At other onlinestores I can choose if I want such a publice profile. As long as it is even possivle to own a visible profile.
On gog? No. Not only is shown how valuable my account would be for taking over attemps, i would be shown on friendlists too and facebook datavacuumcleaner ist just one login away.

So thanks gog...
Djaron: And now for a little stress relief, le me introduce you to my new coaching guide !

Protip from a veteran GOGer to drive on the road to 1k+ game:

Finish school
Finish college and/or get any job-worthy professional certification
Find job
Dont waste money on booze
Dont waste money on cigarets
Dont waste money on pot/weed
Dont waste money on fancy designer/streetwear clothes of trendy brands to show off and brag
Dont waste money on going out to cinema (it grew overpriced anyway)
Find a better job
Do some side-professional activity for additional income (aka work longer and harder)
Dont breed kids
Mostly buy games during sales or on discount

[i]Optional steps for the hardcore playa:

Be victim of severe prejudice / malpractice punished by law
Go to court to gain the rightful retribution you are entitled by such prejudice
Win the trial
Keep yourself aware that the retribution can't make up anyway for the long lasting prejudice you suffered
[/i]

Do that and i can safely bet that within a decade of time, you'll have a nice collection of games that will be displayed without your consent by the very store you'd had purchased them to, and attract toxic people to bug you off in the process !

Enjoy
Dont waste money on pot/weed > ya anyone living in Colorado can't collect all those games most keep buying pot and weed and getting kicked out of there apartments because they can't afford to live in the rich area of parker colorado:P

1K games congrats i actually didn't even know gog had over 1k games on there site :D

joppo: If GOG is going to copy steam features they could at least pick those that are useful, like the Key Trader or whatever it is called.
Pheace: To be fair, Steam has no such feature that I know of, unless you mean Steam Trading but that really in no way enables key trading.
well this is going to be diffrent and it's opposite of gog most people on steam who are low levels 0-5 with private profiles are most likely scammers, as for trade scams there usually after your ingame items like tf2, cs-go items. even with 100s of cards you will most likely be ignored unless you have like 500 cards then you might get there attention.

the whole trading system is done in there inventory so someone can buy a gift and keep it in there inventory those on steam you can actually hide
Post edited April 23, 2018 by KnightW0lf
To quote Elcook:
You guys and gals are also the most sensitive for such changes, hence the forum post to let you know earlier.
So it seems they assume everyone else will be less sensitive to it.
I think as usual they'll wait for thing to settle down and become less relevant, that how usually they handle things. As much as this matter is important it is unlikely that users will post for days about it. At some point they'll stop doing it and GOG could cover it up.
Djaron: talkin about background, a REAL question here:

if/when my settings are switched on "only me", when i would change background color (or picture) it says "save and publish it"

will it means that if i ever personalize my profile any further than the greyish blue default, and validate the personalization i made, it will then be published publicly ? or the profile will remain hidden except for me to see it ?

i ask because the whole "PUBLISH IT" in the button/warning makes me very cautious and unsure
It is "PUBLISH" button because everyone on GOG will see your background. If you don't want to show it to other users don't set background.
high rated
GOG.com: Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
I wait for the "opt out" option. Its nobody's business what with what how much and how many times I do it; regardless of how uninteresting it is for anyone. The privacy options do not work in regard to total games, achievements and hours played. Please fix that.