It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't get it with those HDD + SSD drives - what's the point of having a 8 GB SSD ? You cant install windows on it can you? They should offer at least 48 or 64 GB SSDs for the OS.
leon30: I don't get it with those HDD + SSD drives - what's the point of having a 8 GB SSD ? You cant install windows on it can you? They should offer at least 48 or 64 GB SSDs for the OS.
so they can claim they offer ssd
the best way to use that 8 gig is to install your apps on it
leon30: I don't get it with those HDD + SSD drives - what's the point of having a 8 GB SSD ? You cant install windows on it can you? They should offer at least 48 or 64 GB SSDs for the OS.
They're used as cache.
mistermumbles: Notebookcheck.net is your friend. ;) It's pretty much the best online resource when it comes to this kind of thing. It's kind of strange that there's nothing quite like it for desktop GPUs. Really all you have to do is plug in whatever graphics chip you're curious about into a google search and a corresponding notebookcheck page typically pops up on top of the results. It provides basic tech information about the chip, in-depth benchmarks, and a whole slew of framerate tests in games with varying settings.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind while I shop around.

snowkatt: Snip
It really is a good deal otherwise. If it had a dedicated card it'd be perfect. I won't be using it exclusively for gaming, but enough that I want it to be decent for that.
blakekl: It really is a good deal otherwise. If it had a dedicated card it'd be perfect. I won't be using it exclusively for gaming, but enough that I want it to be decent for that.
You could try the Lenovo Y40-80. It has a discrete Radeon R9 M275 for $649. Should be decent for games if you play at 720p and not the native 1080p.
Apparently, the Superfish problem is bigger than many people realize. Komodia, the company responsible for the debacle, "was in the business of selling software that created such fake certificates and claimed it had more than 100 clients, including Fortune 500 companies" according to Business Insider.

BTW, the password for its certificate software was, you guessed it, "komodia." :) LOL

The Business Insider article is an interesting read:

http://www.businessinsider.com/lots-of-other-pcs-have-superfish-risk-2015-2
My newest laptop also sports an integrated Intel HD 4400 chipset for video. Runs fine on some games (mainly on ones that aren't graphics intensive) while those are extremely graphics intensive (which are becoming common again) will have problems.

Even though, I primarily use my desktop, I have definitely found great use for Steam's In-Home Streaming in the event I am not on my Desktop, but elsewhere in the house with my laptop. Most games work great on it (with a few exceptions such as Watch Dogs, which is notorious for having low framerates). It only hits around 30fps on relatively high settings @ 1080p and it should've run fine on the nVidia Geforce GTX 760 considering there was a promotion getting a free copy (I got my copy that way).

Off-Topic: Do not even bother going 4K through Watch Dogs on High settings on an nVidia Geforce GTX 760. It will become extremely slow to the point you could barely navigate at all. This is for those who enjoy playing around with DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) or have working 4K monitors.

Back On-Topic: Yeah, I have found great uses for laptops for home use outside your desktop area. Heck, I have gotten a very old laptop from 2008 to run well through Steam's In-Home Streaming (though may have a bit more trouble with some games due to being an older laptop in general). I do, however, still run games on my laptop without streaming.