It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not bad, but I only want Unholy Heights and maaaybe Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (already have Ys & OWH)
One quick question. I understand that Ys Origin is supposed to be a prequel to the other Ys games. How much of a spoiler is it for Ys 1+2? I hope Ys 1+2 releases here sooner rather than later...
IAmSinistar: Oo, tempting. And I'm with the rest of you who are hoping the DRM-free inclusion of Ys means that it's GOGward bound.
I would say that it's a safe bet. And they bundled it first just so we can't complain "why no GOG key dammit?" :)
IAmSinistar: Oo, tempting. And I'm with the rest of you who are hoping the DRM-free inclusion of Ys means that it's GOGward bound.
Stooner: I would say that it's a safe bet. And they bundled it first just so we can't complain "why no GOG key dammit?" :)
You can always complain "why no gog key for Unholy Heights" or smt... :)
Very solid bundle, Y's Origin alone justifies the $6 tier.
zaine-h: One quick question. I understand that Ys Origin is supposed to be a prequel to the other Ys games. How much of a spoiler is it for Ys 1+2? I hope Ys 1+2 releases here sooner rather than later...
It does not spoil anything, so don't worry about playing it firs.
Trid: You can always complain "why no gog key for Unholy Heights" or smt... :)
I forgot "Unholy Heights" and PixelJunk were on GOG too... but I think they overlooked that too :)
Is Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae untranslated? The video they choose to use shows all the menus in japanese.
zaine-h: One quick question. I understand that Ys Origin is supposed to be a prequel to the other Ys games. How much of a spoiler is it for Ys 1+2? I hope Ys 1+2 releases here sooner rather than later...
AFnord: It does not spoil anything, so don't worry about playing it firs.
Thank you! I'll definitely have to consider this bundle then.
Immoli: Is Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae untranslated? The video they choose to use shows all the menus in japanese.
Nope, it's the English version. Steam also shows the Japanese trailer, but the game has been translated as evidenced by TotalBiscuit's video.
Immoli: Is Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae untranslated? The video they choose to use shows all the menus in japanese.
According to the Steam page, the interface is available in English as well as Japanese.
I appreciate that this one is completely DRM-free. They seem to be skipping that in many weekly bundles recently.
You get a lot more out of it if you've played the first two games.

It's set entirely in the last dungeon of the first game, has a few puzzles that are throwbacks to ones in the first game, most of the bosses are reimagined versions of bosses from the first two games, most of the cast are ancestors of the important npcs in the first two games as well as the Ys goddesses being there (...though it's not like 1 tries to hide it that well to begin with).

it's probably not necessary to play it first, but the continuity would probably enhance the experience.
Stooner: I would say that it's a safe bet. And they bundled it first just so we can't complain "why no GOG key dammit?" :)
Very shrewd of them, getting me to buy it twice. Which I will if it comes to GOG. :)

(Haven't bought this bundle yet, but likely will, even though I have three of the games. Consider it a support vote for DRM-free bundles.)
Grargar: Nope, it's the English version. Steam also shows the Japanese trailer, but the game has been translated as evidenced by TotalBiscuit's video.
Thanks.

I've heard people say that if you play Origins before Oath, that Oath is not as fun in comparison.