It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immoli: Mount and Blade still requires online authentication though.
Does it? I managed to install it without DRM some time from the TaleWorlds site.

Looks like the situation has changed though - now it seems they have a trial version available publicly and the only thing on your account is the serial.
Stooner: Don't Starve.
jamesbuc: Didnt some of the Arcen games (Valley without wind, AI war) fall into this territory too? Specifically A Valley without wind 1 and Tidalis (and AI war/Some expansions) with the trial versions on their site?
I mentioned that earlier. Technically not DRM-free, but it's only a offline CD-key to go from demo to full version. Not bad at all. Bought them on Steam when they were on sale for that very reason. Wish more devs did that.

Their newer titles are 100% DRM-free though, not even the key. Excluding Bionic Dues, which is Steam only.
Stooner: Don't Starve.
jamesbuc: Didnt some of the Arcen games (Valley without wind, AI war) fall into this territory too? Specifically A Valley without wind 1 and Tidalis (and AI war/Some expansions) with the trial versions on their site?
I don't know. But I might try that..

Edit: oh!
Post edited May 09, 2014 by Stooner
Immoli: Mount and Blade still requires online authentication though.
jamyskis: Does it? I managed to install it without DRM some time from the TaleWorlds site.

Looks like the situation has changed though - now it seems they have a trial version available publicly and the only thing on your account is the serial.
I'm thinking of Warband. "Internet Connection required for multiplayer and Online Activation" on the site. The original might be different.
amok: "Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a class of technologies[1] that are used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyright holders, and individuals with the intent to control the use of digital content and devices after sale;"

If you "copy/paste Steam game folders onto other PCs for playing WITHOUT Steam," then per this definition Steam itself is not DRM.
cmdr_flashheart: Yeah, but full disclosure, I've been told that copy/paste onto a PC which doesn't have Steam might not work for all games; personally, I only tried with two so far. I am going to experiment more with this.
If the games do not work when copy-pastaed, then that game was not DRM free

And it only need 1 game to work like this to prove that it works. If just 1 game is shown to be DRM free, then it shows that Steam in itself is not DRM
Platforming weekly.

Blog blurb
8 games with an endless number of leaps and bounds to make across a wonderful spectrum of backdrops. Pay what you want for Shank 2, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, and Blocks That Matter. Triangle jump to a $6 contribution to also get BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Megabyte Punch, and Fly’n

A high score $10 contribution adds on Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition and King Arthur’s Gold
Does Mark of the Ninja come with a standalone installer or do I have to redeem it on Steam? (I already have the game on Steam).
OlivawR: Does Mark of the Ninja come with a standalone installer or do I have to redeem it on Steam? (I already have the game on Steam).
The page claims it has a drm-free installer as well, but maybe someone who has bought it can tell you for sure.
I know people have been complaining a lot about Humble and their Steam only bundles and grouping games together into 1 Steam key, etc, but the one thing that's starting to bother me about their bundles is the multiple fixed price tier levels. PWYW and BTA were perfectly fine, but the way they're splitting everything up into 3, 4, 5 different levels now is starting to irk me... oh well, nothing good lasts forever.
Post edited May 15, 2014 by yyahoo
I can wholeheartedly recommend the $1 tier. Especially Block That Matters is great and I had a lot of fun with it. Same goes for Bit.Trip Runner even if many people might think it's frustrating (no checkpoints inside the levels). If you don't own these games by now, you should definitely get them.
I can't speak for any other game in this bundle, but a dollar for Shank 2 is worth it. If you like 2D platforming/brawlers, get it!
I'm thinking about getting this bundle as well sometime later during the week (I generally don't like to rush my purchases-and, true enough, I already had my eyes on the games I got from this Insomnia sale so far). However, thing is I already have Blocks that Matter from the Humble Store, so I wonder, if I buy the bundle, I guess my DRM-free copy will probably vanish in thin air($3.74 wasted !- that is I won't have like 2 drm-free copies) but I'll keep the Steam key I got that way and get the bundle steam key (which is giftable while the other isn't, as I found after making the purchase). Is that so? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Treasure: I'm thinking about getting this bundle as well sometime later during the week (I generally don't like to rush my purchases-and, true enough, I already had my eyes on the games I got from this Insomnia sale so far). However, thing is I already have Blocks that Matter from the Humble Store, so I wonder, if I buy the bundle, I guess my DRM-free copy will probably vanish in thin air($3.74 wasted !- that is I won't have like 2 drm-free copies) but I'll keep the Steam key I got that way and get the bundle steam key (which is giftable while the other isn't, as I found after making the purchase). Is that so? Thanks in advance for your answers.
No, if you already have it in your Bundle library, it will not get "overwritten" by the new one. The DRM free copy should stay there. You will still have your DRM free game from before, and you get an additional Steam key from this bundle.

Other than that, this is a very good bundle. Shame I got all the games from before...
Treasure: I'm thinking about getting this bundle as well sometime later during the week (I generally don't like to rush my purchases-and, true enough, I already had my eyes on the games I got from this Insomnia sale so far). However, thing is I already have Blocks that Matter from the Humble Store, so I wonder, if I buy the bundle, I guess my DRM-free copy will probably vanish in thin air($3.74 wasted !- that is I won't have like 2 drm-free copies) but I'll keep the Steam key I got that way and get the bundle steam key (which is giftable while the other isn't, as I found after making the purchase). Is that so? Thanks in advance for your answers.
amok: No, if you already have it in your Bundle library, it will not get "overwritten" by the new one. The DRM free copy should stay there. You will still have your DRM free game from before, and you get an additional Steam key from this bundle.

Other than that, this is a very good bundle. Shame I got all the games from before...
Thank you very much for your answer. :-) Well, in my case, Blocks That Matter is the only one I have from this bundle (and haven't still downloaded it, as I got it quite recently). The games offered seem quite interesting, though I think I'll watch some trailers before making up my mind (I already mentioned I don't like to buy in a rush...).
Post edited May 15, 2014 by Treasure
I only had Blocks that Matter and was interested by most of those games and since only one is Steam-exclusive (I don't use Steam at all) I decided to give it a try. Sometimes when I'm working really hard and my mind cannot solve any more integrals I need something to relax. And platformer games tend to be the best for that. Most of them are pretty short though so it's always good to have some more in my collection ;)

OlivawR: Does Mark of the Ninja come with a standalone installer or do I have to redeem it on Steam? (I already have the game on Steam).
2.3 GB zip file... I haven't downloaded it yet but yeah, there is a drm-free version too (or at very least it seems so)