It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to reshuffle!

The second big patch for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game has just arrived on PC and Xbox One and it's bound to make the Beta even more fun for veterans and newcomers alike.

Here are some of the biggest changes you'll immediately notice:

- The card Clear Skies has been revamped. It is now called First Light and lets you choose between two effects when you play it: you can either remove all Weather effects or summon a Bronze unit from your deck.
- Geralt: Igni, one of the most popular cards you'll come across, now works when the row you're targeting has a total strength of at least 20 instead of 15.
- Plenty of cards had their strength values changed. Among them: Ciri went from 8 to 6, Prince Stannis went from 7 to 8, Odrin went from 5 to 4, and Mahakam Guard went from 3 to 4.
- Stammelford's Tremors now deal 2 damage to both sides of the board.
- "Medic" category is now known as "Permadeath". Units of this category cannot be resurrected. That includes usual suspects like Nenneke, Shani, and Lubberkin.
- Various fixes and improvements in the game.

If you want to study the full changelog, you can find it <span class="bold">here</span>.
Pleasant changes most, except lowering Ciri's base strength and Radovid's damage it can deal from 10 to 8 only...
Still crashes after I start the game...White screen here I come :(
Marquis-Sade: Still crashes after I start the game...White screen here I come :(
maybe is you internet connection (?)
Many OK changes, but "permadeath" feature is not. Performing smart combos streaks is great in card games. However there is still much to do to make this game interesting. Flash game "card monsters" from edgebee studios has comparable (ok - different, but still good) content and it's playable in web browser... Do not sell Witcher's lore in easy way...
Post edited December 05, 2016 by similas
Many thanks for changes in Medic category! Good job!
Huh, I figured the ability to chain resurrections with the silver and gold resurrect cards was meant to be a tactic.. glad I haven't crafted cards to make that deck.
Dropping Ciri's strength makes sense, she's quite useful. Not so keen on tremors change... probably have to drop that from my deck.
Clear Sky on the other hand becomes suddenly more useful and worth having in your hand. Could still do with some more anti weather cards though.
I look forward to trying it out and seeing if I have to change ny tactics.
I was waiting for these nerfs <3
Hi, permadeath doesnt work. Just tried it as Skellige
Why Monsters and scoiatael is to much OP
Permadeth Error

I understand that the permadeth category units can't be resurrected, right?
A while ago I played against an opponent who resurrected a Freya Priestess unit with the Restoration special card...
An error, or a hidden exception?
Solitarys: Hi, permadeath doesnt work. Just tried it as Skellige
Yep, permadeth definitely doesn't work with Skellige faction, must be an error... Restoration or Sigrdrifa still can easily resurrect Freya Pristesses or one another. Clear rules violation...
thanks for making the Monster Party "Wild Hunt" Cards mostly useless
lowering >i think his name is Nithrael< to only 6, gets him always killed at first
side D: makse the whole Wild Hunt Assemble useless for the Monsters and
you still left all the Nothern Realms Cards with their "i can make one million gold
cards" well thanks for that too... they are very hard to beat because everyone makes
that whole deck gold ... thats just a joke and what is that with locking cards, making
them gold and taking them to the next round... seriously wth? thats just rude D:
Solitarys: Hi, permadeath doesnt work. Just tried it as Skellige
GICaesar: Yep, permadeth definitely doesn't work with Skellige faction, must be an error... Restoration or Sigrdrifa still can easily resurrect Freya Pristesses or one another. Clear rules violation...
Not an error: Restoration, Sigdrifa and Caretaker specifically can resurrect cards with permadeath, whilst for the other cards that cannot rez permadeath it explicitly states so in their description.
Post edited December 05, 2016 by TheAdAgency
Поздравляю всех с обновлением!!!