It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heads up, card-mongers!

Significant card changes, plus weather and carry-over mechanics tweaked

Heads up, card-mongers!

A new hotfix for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, the main focus is on fixing all the major issues that players were experiencing, plus making certain changes to the gameplay. We also decided to put more emphasis on the weather and carry-over mechanics.

Cards which were significantly changed will have increased milling value for 3 days following the release of the hotfix. The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value.
The cards affected are:

Bear (Bloodcurdling Roar)
Impenetrable Fog
Torrential Rain
Biting Frost
Skellige Storm
Olgierd
Alzur's Double-Cross
Marching Orders
Decoy
Operator
Renew
Villentretenmerth
Stammelford's Tremors
Regis: Higher Vampire
Avallac'h
Kambi (Hemdall)
Savage Bear
Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden
Hjalmar
Morkvarg
Clan Tuirseach Axeman
Berserker Marauder
Succubus
Caranthir
Celaeno Harpy
Wild Hunt Hound
Ballista
Kaedweni Siege Support
Reinforced Ballista
Trebuchet
Reinforced Trebuchet
Aeromancy
John Natalis
Ithlinne
Dol Blathanna Trapper
John Calveit
Leo Bonhart

For the full list of changes, go <span class="bold">here</span>.
Remember when people were crying that the entire Monsters faction is now unplayable because of the weather nerfs?
Today I played vs 8 Dagons and 3 Unseen elder out of let's say 14 games, tell me how is this freaking balanced, if anything, they need to nerf them even more.
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Doydl
Doydl: Remember when people were crying that the entire Monsters faction is now unplayable because of the weather nerfs?
Today I played vs 8 Dagons and 3 Unseen elder out of let's say 14 games, tell me how is this freaking balanced, if anything, they need to nerf them even more.
Personally I'm running Control Radovid and just farming them with a 70% winrate.
Nerfing the weather isn't the problem... it's the other cards. (though really: the only thing that makes weather still work is that so few people have counters now)

Everyone has aard. Like... everyone. I'm always planning for it because it comes up in almost every game (and in those it doesn't: I'm pretty sure it's luck of the draw). It's over-powered. I see whole decks built around it complete wirh spys to get me over 20, 1-2pt damages to even out my row, etc.

Half of everyone has Yennifer (damage all top). Rounds are often conceded when she comes out.

The most common thing I see are "damage on reveal" and/or "buff on reveal". It's not uncommon to see 6 cards >15 power on round 3.

In the games defese: we are in beta. But I'd bet a look at "times used" on cards would be pretty telling.

And no: I don't see weather decks come up against me any more. I've seen some with the "fireball every row" or the wolf-spawing fog monster; but I have not faught a pure weather deck since the nerf... it's become dead. I do still see some non-weather monster decks; but it's pretty much all dwarves and knights now.
Post edited July 24, 2017 by JerryLove
Hello, I am not really sure if this is the right thread but I have a concern regarding the filtering in card collection, when i try to filter the keyword "LOYAL" it won't search for it.