It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have a special day for fans of a dark sense of humor – Postal 2 is now up for grabs on GOG until the 22nd of April 2022, 10:30 PM UTC. It’s a perfect occasion to complete your collection of action games, as POSTAL: Classic and Uncut is also available as a giveaway in our store for some time now.

On what occasion do we mention these juicy giveaways, you might ask? First of all, Postal 4: No Regrets leaves the development stage today, along with a 20% discount that will last until 27th April 2022, 10:30 PM UTC. Also, Postal: Brain Damaged is coming soon to GOG!
I too am among those unable to claim the giveaway of Postal 2.. but what surprises me even more is the deafening silence from GOG about the issue.

A simple clarification would put all this unrest to bed..

EDIT: ...this shows how much I rely on coffee first thing in the morning. I just checked, I already have Postal 2 in my library from a former giveaway (along with the original).. but my point about GOG being quiet on the issue still stands.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by MrGrizz1979
kbot82: I'm from Germany and in my Account there is no Postal or Postal 2 available.
When I look with incognito mode, then they are available, but only Postal is free and Postal 2 costs 9,16 Euro.

What's happening? Why I get a newsletter with this giveaway, when it is not available for me?
DroothR: Thank you for the tip!

I loaded up the game's URL in a Chrome "Incognito" window, and it took me to the general "Games" page that we've all been taken to, but, scrolling down a little I saw the banner, and was able to redeem the game just fine.

I live in Australia, and while I did activate a VPN set to the USA, it was only through using an Incognito window that I was able to get the banner to appear.
Thank you for pointing this out. I tried your method of VPN + incognito browser and I'm able to claim Postal 2 as well. It definitely seems to be region-locked and GOG should do better to inform in their emails instead.

Indiegamebundles also had this footnote : "Postal 2 is banned in New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, France and Sweden. If you’re in one of those countries and don’t see the giveaway, try using a VPN."
Post edited April 22, 2022 by miershyk
Will this be another game code that expires in 2 weeks?
TLDR: VPN set to USA + incognito tab = free game

As many others have mentioned the game appears to be geoblocked for many people.

Also as others have said the fix is VPN set to USA and then use incognito browser. Go to the GOG store and scroll down and the give-away banner will be there and you can claim your copy.

Posting this so others don't have to scroll through all the other posts debating the exact date that the game was /was not available in Germany and then debating GOG business modle compared to that of other digital game companies.....
As I already owned the game for awhile now. Is there any way I can get the game as a gift code? Never tried, so I didn't want to mess with it.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by Shmacky-McNuts
mrkgnao: I was just pointing out that this was probably the first GOG giveaway where people who already own the game were not allowed to claim it as a gift code to give to others (e.g. people who missed the giveaway or people who cannot claim it themselves due to regional blocking). And that GOG in its wisdom failed to mention any of this, probably because, armed with more than a decade's worth of experience, they already knew that absolutely no one would notice.
I may be wrong but I don't think this is new. In any case, personally I don't view it as all that big a deal (though part of that may be because the game often goes for $1 on sale; if it were more expensive I might be bothered but I'm skeptical).
wcdeadpool: Thanks for bringing Postal brain damaged on GOG !
Which will probably be a better game than any of the main Postals. ;)
Post edited April 22, 2022 by Mr.Mumbles
GOG.com: We have a special day for fans of a dark sense of humor – Postal 2 is now up for grabs on GOG until the 22nd of April 2022, 10:30 PM UTC. It’s a perfect occasion to complete your collection of action games, as POSTAL: Classic and Uncut is also available as a giveaway in our store for some time now.

On what occasion do we mention these juicy giveaways, you might ask? First of all, Postal 4: No Regrets leaves the development stage today, along with a 20% discount that will last until 27th April 2022, 10:30 PM UTC. Also, Postal: Brain Damaged is coming soon to GOG!
Regerts. Not regrets.
Too bad for Aussies, GOG says no to us.
I too would like to see Blood West arriving here. :)
low rated
Narushima: Why would you not be able to mention Zoom Platform?

[Moderated by SmollestLight: Linking to other gaming stores is considered advertising and against our COC.]
Wow.
I don't think I've seen that on any other store.
Post edited April 23, 2022 by Narushima
GOG.com: We have a special day for fans of a dark sense of humor – Postal 2 is now up for grabs on GOG until the 22nd of April 2022, 10:30 PM UTC. It’s a perfect occasion to complete your collection of action games, as POSTAL: Classic and Uncut is also available as a giveaway in our store for some time now.

Joke's on me, email said I had 40 hours, received Thursday just before 3 AM, it's now at the 38 hour mark and the game isn't available for free anymore. Don't tell email subscribers a time frame in large, bold font if it's not accurate or relies on a specific time zone. I'm only at hour 38 (email at 3 AM, it's 5 PM now, mountain time) and it's no longer available.
Attachments:
to_delete.png (264 Kb)
Post edited April 23, 2022 by SlumberingSlot
That's ridiculous GOG! Don't send newsletters for giveaway games that are locked in Germany to german users!!!
Why you send those Mails to E-Mail adresses with ".de"??? It's not the first time that happened!
Spare this crap when I'm not even able to open the game pages! Arrrrrr!

*gamefood angry, gamefood going postal, gamefood flings poo at GOG*

Don't know if other stores do such nonsense too, but once again to me that's another "Classical GOG" ...

Edit: I'm not even much interested in the Postal games, but it's a matter of principle! Would be nice if that could be fixed. Or bribe the German government ;-)
*gamefood flings a bigger pile of poo at german government*
Post edited April 23, 2022 by gamefood
SmollestLight: Unfortunately, the Offline Installers will be delayed.
wcdeadpool: Thanks for bringing Postal brain damaged on GOG ! Just a small request though... Can you get the latest version of Postal 2 on GOG please? The offline installer is version 5024 while on other stores it's 5025. Thanks in advance ;)
Hey, 5025 is a small fix for Steam Workshop.