It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Read what I actually said: "seriously claiming scum will likely get you lynched."

But hey, why assume when we can test! You should seriously claim to be scum, and lets see what happens. For Science!
Damnation: Oh, I distorted that quote? Your emphasis on "seriously" means what? And claiming it "likely" gets you lynched means you think it gets you lynched, otherwise the statement is entirely noncommital and useless - there's a chance of the opposite happening, and my response says nothing of the opposite.

How can I pass that up! Hey! Everyone! I'm as scummy as the come! I'm a real toaster here! Lynch me! I'm here! Lynch me now! Come on guys, try to go purging!
Yes.

"Seriously" as opposed to "facetiously". You provide a good example of a facetious scum claim.

Nonsense. Claiming 'likely' means that I think a lynch is the likely result of such an action while I acknowledge that maybe it won't happen for some reason (brig, vig). Such a claim typically results in the scum's lynch, but not always. In that second example, I would have gone on to claim SK (while being Vanilla Town) but Yog already outted us as VT.

Bookwyrm627: 1) Completely incorrect. Everyone can, in fact, be scum. See above about being in two different "No townies at all" games.

2) What happened to "the setup could very well be 1 town and 12 Jesters. How do you know there are other town players?" ? At least be consistent.
Damnation: 1) I'd argue that, if there is only scum, then no one is scum. If you do not have a concept, how can you have it's opposite?

2) Because the OP clearly mentions Mafia being interchangeable with Cylon, ergo, Mafia is involved. So unless there are alternate win conditions for Cylons than the usual one, it means there must be more town then mafia. I never stated I thought the game was 1 town, 12 jesters - I only said I could be a possibility, and I have no disproven my own stated possibility. Go figure.
1) By having multiple scum teams, all with the typical scum power set, squaring off against each other.

2) You've dispelled your own aggressive question with the slightest bit of thought.

Bookwyrm627: *shrug* Your interrogation was simply that bad. It takes some doing for me to wrap my mind around the idea of a townie doing it. The "I guess" is me acknowledging it as a possibility.
Damnation: Maybe it was bad on purpose? Maybe I just suck at this game? Who knows? (I'm not sure I do, I do actually think I'm incredibly rusty).
You cannot think of town doing this, yet you can think of scum doing this? I'm not sure if I should take that as a serious insult, or as you didn't read my position on town strategy in the post that prompted you to engage me.
I think scum are much more likely to do something like this, but everyone gets the dumb sometimes. Before that post, I've found your posts to be reasonable and relatively town. That post was just...baffling, and not in a good way.

I don't know what town strategy you are referencing. I'm not planning to wade back through that post, so please highlight it if you want me to review it.

Bookwyrm627: You've just thrown some Left-Field questions at somebody. Is there any reason to assume that you wouldn't throw some more at me?
Damnation: I've shown you I'm capable of things, why should you be safe from my inane ramblings? Besides, I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with the quoted text, as in genuinely I do not understand.
I put out the answer before anyone got around to asking what seemed (to me) to be an obvious question. I was, however, being somewhat tongue-in-cheek on this particular reply point.

Bookwyrm627: If you really wanted to summarize my intervention, then "What the ever loving crap is this crap?" would do nicely.
Damnation: This is this second time you felt need to state what your reaction was (or, at the very least, what you want me to interpret your reaction as)
And you have commented on my reaction 3 times. What shall we read from this?
littlerabbit: @Damn - explicitly - do you think this means Flub is a Town Cop?
Why would you ask that question?

littlerabbit: @Book
is your suspicion of Cristie entirely based on the avatar hunt? How does this relate to the The Sleeper Cylon quesiton please?
The Sleeper Cylon and the avatar hunt are two separate, unrelated data points.

Cristi brought up the idea of a sleeper cylon, which seemed really odd to me so early in the game. You might recall that, having commented on it. It made me wonder if maybe scum know there is a sleeper and are trying to send out feelers to recruit or something. Having not watched the mini-series, I didn't make an issue of it, just kept it in mind.
50ish posts to read, apparently...

Damnation: Well, considering flubbster mentioned that "Prange Pylon of Justice" may or may not ve mentioned in his role pm, I'd say it's closer to a soft flavour claim that anything here. And yes, it gives me an idea of who he is then, flavourwise.
I have no idea, but then I watched the series in 2011 or so. When I google "BSV Orange Pylon" I get this product made by Bedessee Sporting Goods.

Damnation: Read my post then - the answer why I don't mention you is actually in there. But to make people's lives easier, it's either because A) youvre not reading my post closely enough, or B) I do not want to share my opinion of you just yet.
Little A, little B. Also a little B and a little A. I will confess I'm not quite getting a good grasp on you yet. But will re-read once caught up to see what it is you think I'm missing there.

SirPrimalform: Temporary unvote ZFR until I have a chance to properly go through his posts since my vote. The stick has done its job for now.
Can you elaborate? What exactly did the stick do?

ZFR: However, the fact that you specifically mentioned that lynching me won't give town any info on D2, makes me think you're creating in advance an excuse for yourself. Especially since only a bit later you jumped on the wagon.

Vote bler
Uhhh....I can't tell if you believe that or not.

But as a point of fact, your logic seems entiiiiirely backwards. My argument at the time I made it, was that your wagon was (oversimplifying) LHF, and thus not particularly valuable as an information source. That makes it HARDER to justify a later vote on you, not easier.

A valid counter-attack would be that I'm hemming and hawing and not committing. That is potentially open to attack as scummy, as it certainly can be an opportunistic hedge. Though certainly also undecided D1 townperson may legitimately hem and haw...you know, with that whole 'not knowing anyone else's alignment' thing we've got going on.

Will have to think about that. Most of your other questionable things for me have been about experience, but...I've always considered you to be pretty sharp in terms of logic. So, your vote is whatever, but...your argument is weird coming from you.

And, of course, wrong, both in it's conclusion (which happens) but more concerning, even the basic premise just doesn't follow.

...now I'm just confused.

back in a bit. will chew on this.
MASS ESSAY REPLY, apologies. Combined with a huge re-read, this took over three hours. No regrets. I'm just a bit sorry it keeps happening in huge chunks like this.

Damnation: What happened to me leaning scum? Suddenly you do not have enough data to have a read on me, but previously you thought I leaned scum? I honestly find that very curious.
That is a bloody good question... Let me look that up. {The Passage Of Time} Ahh I see what's happened here. I didn't have you "leaning scum", as you so provocatively indicate, so much as I found your contribution to the flub avatar debacle a bit suspect (flavour-related banter). Since that was the only thing that stood out, and since I am fully aware I too have referenced flavour, I didn't consider it enough data to have any firm read.

Bookwyrm627: Huh. Bler dodged the question.
Good catch! But why didn't you prod bler further..?

Bookwyrm627: I'm seeing nothing town in post 226. I'd be happy to lynch Elebutt (I'll refrain in the future, but I couldn't resist doing it just once) if people prefer him over Joe.
People always prefer her over Joe :P I can be elebutt if you like, then you can be ookwy. Response below with bler's comment ->

bler144: 1) I don't recall him saying anything of the sort. Where did this notion come from, or is it just shade throwin' time?
It seems I misunderstood the tone of Wyrm's post - I had presumed "Would you lynch a player on D1?" followed by "Brigging is a reversible lynch" was a suggestion that we (and therefore Wrym too) might prefer to brig instead of lynch, since the brig is reversible. I reacted with outrage because lynching is still the only weapon town has. Brigging is poking with the soft cushions, in terms of actually defeating the monsters.

littlerabbit: SPF jumped on the ZFR train a bit soon for me with no real reasoning.
Agreed - that was partly why I asked for another votecount. Good point by Vitek on this note in #251.

Vitek: Under different circumstances I would be likely willing to vote ZFR but I have issues with his lynch now as both cristi and SPF seem to support it and I favour them for mafia both.
Y'know I am inclined to agree with you. Re post 251, I also could be persuaded quite easily to get behind an SPF push, but let me continue catching up first.

Damnation: Ooooh, I know! I'll make short, uninformative posts too, to artificially bloat my vote count and appear less lurky that way!
Hahaha! A similar thing went through my head when bler called me out for my 6 posts. Quality, not quantity. :P If I didn't think it was a lousy wagon at this point in the game, I would be tempted to call for flub's lynch. Sounds like you hit a nerve there...?

HypersomniacLive: Is this interesting in the context of the setup we have (to the extend of the info we have about it), or because of the fact that in the tv series, he was shot by [SPOILER :D ]? If the former, how and why is it interesting?
The fact that it's not the same as the series means that nothing here is necessarily the same as the series. Otherwise, knowing our sign-up numbers were somehow relevant to our role PMs, I'd have picked on Number Six (Joe) straight away for being a confirmed toaster wearing a red dress with a total disaster of a boyfriend. Also, on a warship, why would a Cylon snap someone's neck instead of picking up one of the many weapons lying around, or using what they presumably are equipped with? Is there a flavour reason for that? But like I said I haven't pursued this at all, and honestly don't attach much importance to it right now. Once we get some more death scenes it might become relevant. Or not..!

And fair point about having already answered the previous games question, apologies.

Bookwyrm627: My vote was parked uselessly, so I moved it in hopes of starting a viable wagon. I've seen some interest in Cristi, but I haven't seen much interest in Ele
It's weird, isn't it? But a little inaccurate, if you re-read. So far SPF(#141, #295), rabbit (#206), Joe (#102 and #133), wyrm (#114) and Vitek (#153) have suggested I or things I have said are scummy, at various points. Literally nothing I have said so far has been seen as townie. .... aw. Putting it like that makes me sad.

Damnation: /snip
*Applause*
While I do think you're barking up the wrong tree with ZFR, I also find Wyrm's reaction very interesting. Mostly this bit:

SirPrimalform: Interesting you mention Ele, since I have the both of you pegged as scummy.
Bookwyrm627: Why is it interesting that I mention Ele?
... because he has the both of us pegged as scummy. Um. It's literally right there in the second part of the sentence..!

I must say I'm right with Damnation here, you are writhing around far more wildly than ZFR. And you have already bounced to his defence like this before, back in #161.Allez, hop!

vote bookwyrm

Because:
1)) instigates the brig discussion and pursues it - I initially read this as sowing confusion, then backtracked on that interpretation, and I'm now coming back to it again.
2)) is pro brig on D1 - reasons include town controls the brig (?!), and heavy emphasis on the roleblocker aspect of brigging (conveniently less emphasis on the vote block/majority change aspect). Note no one here is anti-brig necessarily, we just think it's a lousy idea on D1 because it's a waste of time in terms of progress.
3)) points out bler dodging a question in #231 but doesn't prod further.
4)) defends ZFR in #161 and #285 onward by finding Damnation scummy.
5)) Cheerfully hops vote from Joe to cristi in #260 with no stronger argument than in #231 ("my hackles are raised" for the sleeper cylon comment and for analysis of flub's previous avatars.) - openly hoping to start a wagon, but very, very little effort to actually start it. I interpret this as 'I'm definitely hunting out the bad guys, look! I'm trying! No one is listening D: '
6)) #269 quotes self in reply to SPF prodding about this exact thing. No further comment or discussion. See 5)).

Have at you.

bler144: In this case it's really premature but...slight town lean??
This was from post #108 re my unease about wyrm. Has the above dialogue with Damn affected your opinion ?

Vitek: So acting towny early in the game is suspect? o_O
C.f. Damnation's excellent hounding of ZFR about this in post #286. Damn puts my vague feeling into words: not acting townie, but attempting to prove you're acting townie is suspect this early. I do however, chalk this up to inexperience on ZFR's part. I might get my arse chomped by that later, but currently, that's my feeling.

Reads:
TOASTY: SPF, Wyrm, Vitek
???: rabbit, bler, Hyper, flub, cristi, trent, ZFR
TOWNIE: Damnation, Joe

And now I'm going to bed.

PRE POST EDIT:
Trent, very sorry to hear that, thoughts with you and your family, but very very glad it was caught early and all is well so far with the little one and mama both.
littlerabbit: ...............

RE Flub's Avatar:
After re-reading it all, I think that using avatars is still meta but why would he put a pylon/cylon/traffic cone on there at all, I still don't think that's a town thing to do. More like a Scum getting a high from double bluffing people.
Damnation: Well, considering flubbster mentioned that "Prange Pylon of Justice" may or may not ve mentioned in his role pm, I'd say it's closer to a soft flavour claim that anything here. And yes, it gives me an idea of who he is then, flavourwise.
littlerabbit: @Damn - explicitly - do you think this means Flub is a Town Cop?

Meta-analysis:
Damnation: FWIW, I remember SPF as trying hard to appear non-scummy. But this is way metaing is not very constructive - either his playstyle has evolved and he is playing into old tropes consciously, or it is completely consistent meaning his playstyle cannot tell us if he is town or scum based on it - thus rendering analysis of the meta completely fruitless.
Tell me, what does all this meta discussion of other players tell you about their alignment? If it's more than nothing, I'm genuinely curious: how can you be so sure it IS more than nothing?
littlerabbit: Trent, ZFR and Cristie - what's your response to this? (most meta discussion seems to come from you).

@Book
is your suspicion of Cristie entirely based on the avatar hunt? How does this relate to the The Sleeper Cylon quesiton please?

Damnation: Oh, I distorted that quote? Your emphasis on "seriously" means what? And claiming it "likely" gets you lynched means you think it gets you lynched, otherwise the statement is entirely noncommital and useless - there's a chance of the opposite happening, and my response says nothing of the opposite.

How can I pass that up! Hey! Everyone! I'm as scummy as the come! I'm a real toaster here! Lynch me! I'm here! Lynch me now! Come on guys, try to go purging!
littlerabbit: ....I...wait...what?
votebrig Damnation
This is scummy.

Vote: littlerabbit
flubbucket: 1) No. Too much work.

2) Now comparing and contrasting avatars would be an interesting and valuable task to undertake.

3) Accusation/Shade.
1) Agree.
2) I figured out what avatar I could use that would be super awesome. While you're at it, can you conduct an analysis of what avatar you think I might pick as each of the top 15-20 characters in the BSG canon?
3)
a. Pshaw. Mafia aren't the only ones to ever wield a shot or four. I don't know if you recall, but the only game where I ever sussed out your alignment during the course of meaningful play was the University game where you were town. You've had a few moments here that feel magical in that same way.
b. Besides even if that had been what I meant, who is going to believe you're scum on the basis of my feelings about what you might do... in the future? Literally no one.

But if that works...I also have this feeling Bookwyrm is going to order me the Calexico Pizza from MOD. And a six pack.
bler144: ...........
I'm getting on the wagon with SPF, and the rabbit, and probably flub eventually based on his scumlist above.........no enthusiasm for SPFwagon? Anyone?

flubbucket: Is this buddying??
Is...what buddying whom?

@Trent -
Good luck and good health to all!

JoeSapphire: My thinking is if it's less common it's therefore more cryptic, and a more cryptic puzzle is more likely to be directly related... but again I'm trying to second-guess the most brilliant mind of the twenty-first century.
Indeed.

SirPrimalform: Yeah, but bler isn't yet voting for you and may never. I feel like you might be overreacting, but it's part of the reason I feel comfortable putting my vote back on.
I feel like I'm following you better, generally, with your recent posts, but I don't follow this. You feel strongly enough about ZFR to go back on as the 4th vote...on the assumption that I won't later vote him? So you want him to be the biggest wagon but not actually to go to lynch?

That's...weird.

Or is your argument that ZFR is overreacting = scum!zfr, and which overreaction in particular are you citing?

Think I screwed up my multi-quote tags here...<crosses fingers>
JoeSapphire: the more specific the prediction the more glory If I get it right! I like to think that I would be ballsy enough to post my mafia team's specifics just to imagine the looks on their faces when they read it, but that's not what happening here.
Damnation: It's more likely that the more correct prediction gets you shot at night, and then what good can you do? You'd be dead, and we'd go to nolynch day 2 due to the deadline because we'd have to mourn you. Clearly that is what is most likely to happen.
Maybe. WIFOM of what scum will do aside, even from the town perspective it's not always just who's right, but whether they can rally a maj to the same conviction.

Though I did like the joke.

HypersomniacLive: snip
WB! Again. But seriously, I hope everything works out, both b/c I want you to stay in-game and b/c I want things to be okay for you and the fam IRL.

HypersomniacLive: Damnation had already said, albeit in a somewhat (seemingly?) joking tone, he'd use it...
Damnation: Here's the thing - I'm more sarcastic than your average Dane. I'm so sarcastic I have friends who are unsure when to take me seriously and when to assume I'm joking.
Here's what I say to them (And now to you):
If you think I'm joking, I'm serious. If you think I'm serious, I'm joking. (And surprisingly as it may be, it describes me quite well)
Well then...maybe that's why I'm having trouble following you? I think the rest of your post is serious...so, it's joking?

HypersomniacLive: Why didn't you wait for his or anyone else's response, and voted him shortly after you made this post?
ZFR: He was far from being in immediate danger of being lynched. If he or someone pointed out that's his usual side I could always unvote.
I actually don't think there's a ton of value in this particular query from HSL, but...since we're here, if that was your gambit / thinking, why not vote him simultaneous to the question rather than partially delayed?

Bookwyrm627: 1 Then it reads more or less correctly. :P

2 I'm not so arrogant as to believe I can convince nearly half the player base, on Day 1, when I'm already outnumbered by the voices calling him town.

3 My vote was parked uselessly, so I moved it in hopes of starting a viable wagon. I've seen some interest in Cristi, but I haven't seen much interest in Ele.
1. lol
2. Pretend I'm not town-reading him - what's your argument for Joe being your top scumread at this specific point in time vs. when you first voted?
3. Cristi has some prominent potential votes, but ... is this just a "Build it and they will come" vote?

RL problems this eve in our household, apparently...sigh.
Catching up, let me know if you want to chat
Damnation: That's very likely the case, I just don't see ZFR's vote as much "Oh my GOAT! You suck!" as you do, I guess.
That's fair I guess, but I feel like bler was on the level with the observation that a bad wagon provides less information. The fact that bler was moving away from the ZFR wagon and ZFR acted as if they were moving closer is what makes it weird. As I originally said, maybe mistaken OMBHS?

Damnation: Really, I was hoping no one was going to cut it out like that. Oh well :)
Wait, crap. Did I ruin something? If yes, say nothing and blink twice.

Damnation: This is amazing! I need to watch A Shot in the Dark now!
Of course you do, it's a classic!

Damnation: It's officially lunch instead of lynch now, isn't it?
Actually I vote we change it to breakfast. Y'know, because toasters.

Bookwyrm627: I saw no reason to reiterate the reasons for the vote after I've already stated them less than a day and 30 posts prior. It isn't like my reasons were old information.

I was breaking the wagon ice, so to speak, since I'd seen a few people mention Cristi as being scummy, but no one has actually voted her.
Mmmkay... ¬_¬

SirPrimalform: Interesting you mention Ele, since I have the both of you pegged as scummy.
Bookwyrm627: Why is it interesting that I mention Ele?
Because I get scum vibes from both of you so naturally it's relevant.

Bookwyrm627: Neither ZFR nor Damnation were talking about particular players (except self) as verified town. They were talking about the generic mass of other players that also rolled town, without indicating any particular number or individuals, and Damnation's 'aggressive question' to ZFR was about ZFR apparently knowing that there are some other townies mixed into the setup. As if talking like "there are multiple townies" is a fact is somehow unreasonable.

Sure, in a closed setup you can't be sure exactly what the setup is, and technically there might only be one townie in the entire game, but assuming 'there are other townies besides me' is the most logical, basic assumption you can make. Even Damnation later says "Yes, logically everyone cannot be scum".

It was Damnation casting worthless shade at ZFR, and I called him on it.
Actually, I thought Damnation's interrogation was helpful. You seem to be trying awfully hard to try and get Damnation to back off from ZFR.

bler144: Can you elaborate? What exactly did the stick do?
Well I don't know if the stick is what achieved it, but what I wanted were more posts from ZFR. Sometimes scum can wriggle away by going quiet, votes motivate them to defend themselves.

elebutterfly: vote bookwyrm
Now that's an interesting development.

Distancing..?

bler144: I feel like I'm following you better, generally, with your recent posts, but I don't follow this. You feel strongly enough about ZFR to go back on as the 4th vote...on the assumption that I won't later vote him? So you want him to be the biggest wagon but not actually to go to lynch?

That's...weird.

Or is your argument that ZFR is overreacting = scum!zfr, and which overreaction in particular are you citing?
The post of mine that you're quoting is pointing out that you weren't actually voting for them and were somewhat non-commital about your intention ("if there's no notable change in the game state"). I was simply pointing out the contrast between your maybe-vote and their reaction.

I'm not quite sure I follow your logic about me 'not wanting it to go to lynch'. The wagon can easily go to lynch without you, it only needs just over half the players after all, but that's beside the point.

Yes, I was arguing that ZFR was overreacting to you not actually even jumping on the wagon but just stating a vague intention of doing so. It was the post in which they voted for you - it came across to me like huge OMBHS.

Oh god this has a lot of quotes. Hopefully it all comes out right.

Lastly, Trent: I'm so sorry to hear the bad news, but glad that the procedure went as well as could be hoped and it was caught now. Take care, both your family and yourself.
I should call it a night. I think I've just sloppily pasted/redacted in every post and I end up with unclosed quote tags all over the place. Nothing as dramatic as trent or HSL, but cranky night in this house, apparently.

ZFR: In retrospect I see my statement might have been ambiguous.
I meant
I hope the other Town players don't end up too mad at me for (my "doing newbie things" and getting lynched).
The curious thing about this discussion is that you're arguing semantics, when the bigger picture is this feeling ZFR is expressing is 100% viable as town or toaster. You could literally write the exact same thing honestly as either alignment and if you're scum just change the noun. Voila.

Tactically (all other things being equal) it matters waaay more as non-town to not get lynched for newbieisms than it does for town. Especially here we tend to lynch town terribly D1 far more often than not, and it's not a game killer by itself. Scum going down easy on D1...however...I don't recall a game town has lost with that gift in hand.

Damnation: It's officially lunch instead of lynch now, isn't it?
PoppyAppletree: Yes.
I think you're a step behind - we've apparently moved on to nom/nomming.

trentonlf: Well it seems the cyst was really a malignant tumor on her ovary. The doctor removed the tumor and ovary and said the good news is that the type of cancer it is has an 85-90% chance of being cured. They will not do anything else until after the baby is born. They are also keeping her at the hospital for a couple of days to monitor her and the baby (both are doing great right now).
:( Well, I'm sorry it wasn't better news, but I'll hope fervently for the 90% cure. Hang in there.

elebutterfly: 1 Hahaha! A similar thing went through my head when bler called me out for my 6 posts. Quality, not quantity. :P If I didn't think it was a lousy wagon at this point in the game, I would be tempted to call for flub's lynch. Sounds like you hit a nerve there...?

2 It's weird, isn't it? But a little inaccurate, if you re-read. So far SPF(#141, #295), rabbit (#206), Joe (#102 and #133), wyrm (#114) and Vitek (#153) have suggested I or things I have said are scummy, at various points. Literally nothing I have said so far has been seen as townie. .... aw. Putting it like that makes me sad.

bler144: In this case it's really premature but...slight town lean??
elebutterfly: 3 This was from post #108 re my unease about wyrm. Has the above dialogue with Damn affected your opinion ?
1 If you're referring to the exchange with flub, I wasn't calling you out, I was politely critiquing flub's argument. FWIW, that exchange, as superficial as it was, actually made me less interested in voting him at this point. Though...

2 I think you're missing that I listed you on my wildguess scum team, and you're still in the POE even if I'm much more interested in other happenings over you, like...

3) Yeah. Trent/Joe felt pretty T/T. This has another vibe. Not W/W, but leaning T/W, just not sure which way. Feels like something is at stake there. Makes me more inclined to see ZFR lynch through, though. He's the common denominator here, it feels like.

SirPrimalform: That's fair I guess, but I feel like bler was on the level with the observation that a bad wagon provides less information. The fact that bler was moving away from the ZFR wagon and ZFR acted as if they were moving closer is what makes it weird. As I originally said, maybe mistaken OMBHS?
Thanks for the explanation in general, and for this reminder...need to find something Damnation said.

Can I get a bump? Don't think it's going to take 10 min.
Sorry, just refreshed, bump
The "4am is a great time for a vote count" vote count.

Lunch:

ZFR - 4 (JoeSapphire, trentonlf, littlerabbit, SPF)
SPF - 2 (bler114, Vitek)
JoeSapphire - 1 (Damnation)
flubbucket - 1 (cristigale)
bler114 - 1 (ZFR)
cristigale - 1 (Bookwyrm)
Bookwyrm - 1 (elebutterfly)
littlerabbit - 1 (flubbucket)

Brig:

Bookwyrm - 1 (Vitek)
elebutterfly - 1 (Bookwyrm)
Damnation - 1 (littlerabbit)

(With 13 active players, it takes 7 votes for a dinner reservation to be made.)

trentonlf: Well it seems the cyst was really a malignant tumor on her ovary. The doctor removed the tumor and ovary and said the good news is that the type of cancer it is has an 85-90% chance of being cured. They will not do anything else until after the baby is born. They are also keeping her at the hospital for a couple of days to monitor her and the baby (both are doing great right now).
Scary stuff. I'm glad they were able to catch it early.
Vitek: By starting with only game 25 you left out quite a big portion of flub's games.:-)

Luckily someone did the job for you for older games. It ws awful work, I admit that, but it was something at least. Linku 1 and Linku 2

But I will never lynch someone based on avatar.
I don't find it good indication of his alignment from presented evidences, it would be incredibly WIFOM lynch and I overall don't find it as good argument to lynch anyone and honestly it surprises me a bit you are pushing this.
This is pretty much where I started catching up. I may be missing something in newer posts, but I want to address two posts now.

First, thank you for the links to older games.

Here's my thing, typically I wouldn't think twice about a person's avatar. Flubb, however, has made it a point to incorporate a game related avatar into the majority of his games. More importantly, I think he often uses it to hint to his alignment/role. And since he's chosen to do that, I think it' completely fair game to call him on when I see it. In fact, I can't un-see it. So I am not going to ignore it.

Maybe I'm more sensitive too it because I recognized it game 41 (the cult one with the Jim Jones avatar), chose to dismiss it and got recruited. I learned that game that I'm not a fan of cult games. I don't think I've played a cult game since then. I weighed it when considering to playing this game. The mod was deliberately non-committal when Hyper asked about it . So part of the reason I chose to watch the miniseries was to see if there was anything in the story that might support a cult being in the game. The only thing I saw was the Sleeper Cylon. I figured if that was in play it was determined before hand and I was OK risking the possibility. I hope we don't have that, but if we do, I won't feel misled.

Back to my original point. In both the games I reviewed and the ones presented in your links, flubs avatars, more often than not, point to his alignment/role. In flubb's case I DO THINK IT'S AI. I didn’t realize how frequently he did it until I started looking. Originally, I just knew generally that I'd seen him do it before so I called him on it.

Side notes – Yes, I would be mad if I was mafia and one of my teammates was getting read for that. MU prohibits a player from changing their avatar to something game related in the game. It's not really fair because a lot depends on a players knowledge of external information to recognize it. It wouldn’t surprise me if I was the only one who recognized the Jim Jones avatar in the cult game. So perhaps this needs to be discussed post-game. Even if I am wrong and flub is town, I will probably always look at least squinty-eyed at him if I see it in the future.

So I get why players are hesitant or unwilling to use it. But I can't un-see it and what I think it means. It's seems unlikely flub will be lynched today, so I will be moving my vote.

That's long enough, on to Wyrm's post.
*Courtesy bump*