It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Well, CatV not saying anything is obvious. She couldn't say anything without claiming and a useful part of the role is the fact that it is hidden from scum, unlike an innocent child. So I can relate that she didn't claim on D2.
If CatV did message someone on N1 and they didn't verify on D2, then that would mean the message target was likely non-town.
As such why wouldn't CatV then tell us on D2 about it and help reveal a potential scum player we could eliminate?

It makes no sense, cap'n
supplementscene: I've meant to have a deep dive before today. Today was Steam's last winter sale day and I spent a day researching the games only to miss the end of sale.
I know how ya feel. I put it off myself a bunch, and then only managed to get Command and Conquer remastered and a couple cheap dollar games(stuff GOG doesn't sell) as a result.

supplementscene: MrKrabsWallett - strong Scum leaning. Why is he saying 'why doesn't Scum hammer Scene', when he knows it takes 4 to hammer Scene? An absolute garbage point even if he's Town.
(bolding mine) True enough

That said, if you've been reading/skimming my posts in this game you'll note that I have hinted that I haven't been playing this game as well as I could/should.

Some of the things i've dumbly done this game: thought Trent was still alive when doing my reads/leans posts, missed(or forgot about) the fact we have a neutral player and not just FN, thought it took 3 votes to hammer today(D3)
(speaking of, one of the reasons I unvoted you earlier was because I didn't want scum to hammer if somehow you are town)
Lifthrasil: This leads be to a suggestion: the Neutral could claim. We don't want to Lynch you. You don't want to die. It's win win for now. If the Neutral claim remains uncontested, that is. (Otherwise one scum might try to impersonate the Neutral). So there needs to be enough time for a counterclaim, for the claim to be believable. In other words, if the Neutral wants to claim, they should do so soon.
Are you neutral and testing the waters to see if you could safely claim now?
Lifthrasil: Well, CatV not saying anything is obvious. She couldn't say anything without claiming and a useful part of the role is the fact that it is hidden from scum, unlike an innocent child. So I can relate that she didn't claim on D2.
MrKrabsWallet: If CatV did message someone on N1 and they didn't verify on D2, then that would mean the message target was likely non-town.
As such why wouldn't CatV then tell us on D2 about it and help reveal a potential scum player we could eliminate?

It makes no sense, cap'n
Depends on how CatV decided to play her role. Maybe staying hidden was more important to her. I don't know. But what I do know is, that whoever received the message in N1 was sure of CatV being town on D2. And that would have been something to cross-check. If someone would have claimed to have been the one to have received the message but their behaviour on D2 didn't fit to the knowledge that CatV was Town, that would have been a scum tell. I think. But no one came forward, so either the recipient is dead or scum who doesn't say anything.
Lifthrasil: This leads be to a suggestion: the Neutral could claim. We don't want to Lynch you. You don't want to die. It's win win for now. If the Neutral claim remains uncontested, that is. (Otherwise one scum might try to impersonate the Neutral). So there needs to be enough time for a counterclaim, for the claim to be believable. In other words, if the Neutral wants to claim, they should do so soon.
Microfish_1: Are you neutral and testing the waters to see if you could safely claim now?
Seriously? Try reading what I wrote again and then ask yourself, whether it would fit your "theory" that I'm the Neutral. This time, when rereading, please consider whether it actually makes sense. Not, whether you can construct something out of it to appear active.
But I'll explain again:
- the Neutral doesn't want to be lynched, because otherwise he loses
- we don't want to lynch the Neutral, because otherwise we lose
- so it's best to work together at this point

Understand?
So if I were the Neutral, I would have claimed at this point.

But still, thank you for your question. It shows, that you aren't the Neutral. And since I had you as either Neutral or Scum, I can now safely
Vote microfish
Lifthrasil: Still it would be useful to know now that she is dead whom she messaged on N1. The reason why I think it would useful is something I'll discuss later.
As it stands - there really are only 3 options:

1.) She did not contact anyone.
2.) She contacted trentonlf, who got NK'ed.
3.) She contacted mafia. <-- This is the most unlikely one. Any town!player would have been wise to state ''I got contacted by the FN. Obviously I won't say just yet who that is.'' any scum!player would have the choice - ''[i]Well, now that we have the PR to NK - do I call this out and try to bear the flak after the NK? Or do I keep it to myself?'' If the scum!player would keep it to himself - CatV would've/should've dropped some hints -- she was tunnel visioned in on Yogsloth solely.

Assuming 3. is true tough - that still leaves a player who, obviously, won't state he got contacted.

Knowing who she contacted, or even if might be useful - but we will only be able to clear this question after the game. :/
I think it's safe for you to now tell us what revelation the contact would have brought.

supplementscene: If we lynch the other faction we lead.
???
We lose

Microfish_1: Nothing more than gut.
I see. Thank you for your answer.

Microfish_1: Are you neutral and testing the waters to see if you could safely claim now?
There was never really any reason for the Neutral not to claim at the start of the day.

It takes 4 to lynch. There are 3 Townies. The townies, on there own cannot lynch the neutral. Lynching the neutral is Game_End for the Townies.

If we do get mafia, then there would be reason for mafia to NK the Neutral for siding with town. But at the same time the person who started a wagon on mafia would be a likelier target.

There is also this issue:
yogsloth: Technically I think we lose with a mis-yeet right now.

No way to block a NK, so Day 3 would dawn with 3T 2 M 1N, and all the M and N have to do is refuse to vote and according to GOG rules, since we need a majority, it goes to no-yeet and game's over.

Ain't that a peach.
Whether the neutral does not vote, or votes, hits scum and goes into Day 4 -- he survives either way.
As it stands - the Neutral is in the best possible situation from all of us.
Atlo: I think it's safe for you to now tell us what revelation the contact would have brought.
Lifthrasil: Depends on how CatV decided to play her role. Maybe staying hidden was more important to her. I don't know. But what I do know is, that whoever received the message in N1 was sure of CatV being town on D2. And that would have been something to cross-check. If someone would have claimed to have been the one to have received the message but their behaviour on D2 didn't fit to the knowledge that CatV was Town, that would have been a scum tell. I think. But no one came forward, so either the recipient is dead or scum who doesn't say anything.
Oh.
Seeing as time is short before deadline, might as well re-vote:

Vote Scene

Seeing as it's near break time, Joey proceeds to sit back in his chair to peruse some games they got off of itch.
supplementscene: Joppo - strong, strong Scum leaning. His votes are all over the place. He was asking why I'm hammering when I was off to bed. He's posting his reads on Day 1 hours after hammer. He's not hammering on Day 2. He's asking if a vote on a 1 person wagon with hours to go is valid he's taking the whatsit. I think he's scum
I did not ask you WHY you were hammering. I asked you to hold off your hammer for a bit. If you were unsure why I asked you could have asked me before hammering. BTW: you hammered a townie that was sending towny vibes and somehow thinks that doesn't give you at least a few scumpoints? That you're the paragon of towniness because "Catv trusted you" and she would never be wrong* ?

* (except when she was wrong about Yog. But we're supposed to forget that because it doesn't fit your narrative)

How would I know you were off to bed? You certainly didn't say a thing about it ITT. In fact, I don't remember at which time the hammer fell but I don't think it was late UK time and had no reason to think you were punching out the clock. From where I stood I just saw someone eager to lock a lynch (of someone you didn't even believe was scum, to boot) before the online remaining players could solidify a different wagon.

Speaking of which: Were you protecting the alternate wagon (Lift)? A scumteam of Scene+Lift doesn't look absurd to me.

To address the rest of your issues:
- D1 I couldn't come online before the twilight. Would you prefer I had kept my reads to myself? How does that help the Town find Mafia?
- D2 I didn't hammer someone (Yog) I had seen strong and recent town vibes from, so I was focused on finding scum elsewhere in what little time we had left. If however it were down to either NL or Yog I would hammer, but you don't get to accuse me of not hammering when you rushed ahead of me to do it while I was trying to SAVE a townie.
- To be fair, even tho I had found strong reason to want your lynch at the time I put that vote I kinda knew it would be a very tight lynch in the best case so I should just not have voted you at the end of D2 and left that pursuit for early D3. I kinda dropped the ball there. Eh, live and learn.
PookaMustard: "Tomorrow night's the final workday."
POOKAMUSTARD -- Could you be a little more specific when exactly End of the Day is? I fear Tomorrow night might mean something completely different to our American friends. :D

I, unfortunately, still have doubts whom to cast my vote on. Since, however, we essentially got only 1 shot with this I'm still waiting on the Neutral reveal and am willing to wait very close to the deadline, however ill-advised that may be.
supplementscene: I've meant to have a deep dive before today. Today was Steam's last winter sale day and I spent a day researching the games only to miss the end of sale. Anyway, before going deep tomorrow I'll give a superfiscial view:

Lift - strong town lean - I thought he could be scum hiding and avoiding chat but he sounds too town today

Atlo - well he's solving and going back and forth. I'd lean Town. If he's Scum he's very good, it's detailed balanced analysis

Micro - my strongest read for the other faction. If we lynch the other faction we lead. He could be Scum, he could be Town but there were some things that didn't add up to him being Town. I think other faction but could be Scum. I vote do no lynch

Joppo - strong, strong Scum leaning. His votes are all over the place. He was asking why I'm hammering when I was off to bed. He's posting his reads on Day 1 hours after hammer. He's not hammering on Day 2. He's asking if a vote on a 1 person wagon with hours to go is valid he's taking the whatsit. I think he's scum

MrKrabsWallett - strong Scum leaning. Why is he saying 'why doesn't Scum hammer Scene', when he knows it takes 4 to hammer Scene? An absolute garbage point even if he's Town.

Vote Joppo

We need to lynch scum today, otherwise we lose - I'd like other peoples thoughts on Joppo, MrKrabsWallet and Micro. I obviously prefer Joppo but I'm open to have people find me a better lynch after realising a few games in that a few players can make better reads than myself.
Atlo raised a good point about this post. It is a bit confusing. On the one hand you say "if we Lynch other faction we lead"
On the other hand you realise "We have to Lynch scum or we lose "
On the third hand you write "I'm open to have people find me a better lynch "

However, if you are Town you shouldn't be open to being the Lynch. Because, as you realised in the same post, one more mislynch is game over for us.

So, can you please explain this self contradictory post? Why do you write that you're open to people finding you the better lynch? Or was that just LAMIST signalling?
Goddammit.

I'm not particularly enthralled about the idea that my 2 most ''give off weird feels, but have been playing reasonably well'' players are casting a vote on my ''Has been acting scummy, but that's his default state'' player. :(

As it is - casting a vote on the scummiest player does seem like a reasonable thing to do, no? :(
You can't actually tell me mafia will manage to make this far without slipping up.

There is something to be said about this regarding scene. If he does, indeed, flip scum:
Atlo: This would mean Scene's playstyle has evolved... and not only by just a little bit, but made a quantum leap to -- scum-scene pretending to be town acting scummy on purpose
While not exactly a quantum leap it would mean that scene's playstyle has evolved!
2,9 days is where he is virtually indistinguishable from a pure townie.
Day 3 is where his facade begins to brake down -- me pointing out 1 single tell that town!scene wouldn't make was enough for him to panic and proclaim ''YOU ARE SCUM!!!''

After that he made a few more blunders that I'm not eager to search up. The most recent one though was:
supplementscene: If we lynch the other faction we lead.
From mafias perspective - it does not matter whom you lynch: townie or neutral. Both assure a victory.

To his credit - he also managed to post things that make him look very towny. So towny in fact that I was very hesitant to cast this vote. But here's the next thing - a NL is a guaranteed mafia-win, no? As it stands his wagon is currently the ''biggest'' one with 2 votes. We need 4 votes for a lynch. The next big wagons are both at 1 vote each. What are the chances of getting 3 people to move? As it stands - I'm betting on Scene's playstyle having evolved. Not astronomically, but substantially.

If you are Town - apologies - you did good.
If you are Mafia - applause - you did good.
supplementscene: Joppo - strong, strong Scum leaning. His votes are all over the place. He was asking why I'm hammering when I was off to bed. He's posting his reads on Day 1 hours after hammer. He's not hammering on Day 2. He's asking if a vote on a 1 person wagon with hours to go is valid he's taking the whatsit. I think he's scum
joppo: I did not ask you WHY you were hammering. I asked you to hold off your hammer for a bit. If you were unsure why I asked you could have asked me before hammering. BTW: you hammered a townie that was sending towny vibes and somehow thinks that doesn't give you at least a few scumpoints? That you're the paragon of towniness because "Catv trusted you" and she would never be wrong* ?

* (except when she was wrong about Yog. But we're supposed to forget that because it doesn't fit your narrative)

How would I know you were off to bed? You certainly didn't say a thing about it ITT. In fact, I don't remember at which time the hammer fell but I don't think it was late UK time and had no reason to think you were punching out the clock. From where I stood I just saw someone eager to lock a lynch (of someone you didn't even believe was scum, to boot) before the online remaining players could solidify a different wagon.

Speaking of which: Were you protecting the alternate wagon (Lift)? A scumteam of Scene+Lift doesn't look absurd to me.

To address the rest of your issues:
- D1 I couldn't come online before the twilight. Would you prefer I had kept my reads to myself? How does that help the Town find Mafia?
- D2 I didn't hammer someone (Yog) I had seen strong and recent town vibes from, so I was focused on finding scum elsewhere in what little time we had left. If however it were down to either NL or Yog I would hammer, but you don't get to accuse me of not hammering when you rushed ahead of me to do it while I was trying to SAVE a townie.
- To be fair, even tho I had found strong reason to want your lynch at the time I put that vote I kinda knew it would be a very tight lynch in the best case so I should just not have voted you at the end of D2 and left that pursuit for early D3. I kinda dropped the ball there. Eh, live and learn.
IIRC I said on Day 1 that I didn't want a repeat of the Sage no lynch which cost us the prior game. No one else was getting lynched that day. Do you prefer a no lynch? I said I was willing to lynch Microfish but no one moved to his wagon. Including yourself. The only wagons that were active were Micro and Yogs.

Why weren't you willing to lynch Micro if you thought Yogs gave towny vibes? Instead you wanted to lynch myself, who you knew no one else had said they wanted to vote for. And on re-reading guess what. You voted for Microfish previously yet at twilight weren't willing to move your vote back despite me asking everyone if they could change to his wagon. Unbelievable if you're Town.

I also said I wanted to lynch Gameranker, who's vote to take me to L2 is opportunistic today after I made the case CatV had me no1 most Town player.

Yes it was near my bedtime for me. I said I thought Yogs was Town and was his biggest defender. Here's what I said near twilight

'As the thread is pretty inactive and there doesn't seem to be movement to Microfish's wagon, I'll probably hammer in the next 30 minutes'. I hammered about an hour later.

And yes I did say I was tired on Day 1 - I quote 205

' I don't want to get too tired where I forget to change my vote, which happened last game when the Day end was too late for me. If I changed my vote to Sage we actually would of won that game. She partly managed to appeal to emotion with me too though.'
I actually forgot to cast the real vote...

Vote supplementscene
supplementscene: I've meant to have a deep dive before today. Today was Steam's last winter sale day and I spent a day researching the games only to miss the end of sale. Anyway, before going deep tomorrow I'll give a superfiscial view:

Lift - strong town lean - I thought he could be scum hiding and avoiding chat but he sounds too town today

Atlo - well he's solving and going back and forth. I'd lean Town. If he's Scum he's very good, it's detailed balanced analysis

Micro - my strongest read for the other faction. If we lynch the other faction we lead. He could be Scum, he could be Town but there were some things that didn't add up to him being Town. I think other faction but could be Scum. I vote do no lynch

Joppo - strong, strong Scum leaning. His votes are all over the place. He was asking why I'm hammering when I was off to bed. He's posting his reads on Day 1 hours after hammer. He's not hammering on Day 2. He's asking if a vote on a 1 person wagon with hours to go is valid he's taking the whatsit. I think he's scum

MrKrabsWallett - strong Scum leaning. Why is he saying 'why doesn't Scum hammer Scene', when he knows it takes 4 to hammer Scene? An absolute garbage point even if he's Town.

Vote Joppo

We need to lynch scum today, otherwise we lose - I'd like other peoples thoughts on Joppo, MrKrabsWallet and Micro. I obviously prefer Joppo but I'm open to have people find me a better lynch after realising a few games in that a few players can make better reads than myself.
Lifthrasil: Atlo raised a good point about this post. It is a bit confusing. On the one hand you say "if we Lynch other faction we lead"
On the other hand you realise "We have to Lynch scum or we lose "
On the third hand you write "I'm open to have people find me a better lynch "

However, if you are Town you shouldn't be open to being the Lynch. Because, as you realised in the same post, one more mislynch is game over for us.

So, can you please explain this self contradictory post? Why do you write that you're open to people finding you the better lynch? Or was that just LAMIST signalling?
It should read 'if we lynch the other faction we lose.' (not lead). I was a few drinks in

This is helpful and looks Towny. But I don't think there's a likely scenario where the Neutral get to the end of the last day by doing this. If we lynch all scum in the next 2 days. We simply lynch the neutral on the final day. The neutral only wins if he's down to the last 2 with all scum dead. So the neutral will only claim at L1 or maybe L2

I'm at L1 and I'll say now I'm Town and not Neutral. I'm pretty sure there's 2 scum on my wagon though