It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vidsgame:
Sorry, I mistaken now with Dead in Viland.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Ulf2016
vidsgame:
Ulf2016: Sorry, I mistaken now with Dead in Viland.
Oh. That does suck for Dead in Vinland.
Unfortunately, even with Sphere - Flying Cities, GOG does not manage to publish update 0.1.3 as an offline installer after a week. As the DRM Galaxy version, GOG is always fast, nothing happens with the offline installer. It's a shame. :-(

Translated with Google
Divinity: Original Sin 2 DE received an update on the 8th of September, so more than a month ago - it's even in the Changelog. But once again, GOG provided no offline patch from the last version to the current one. Which is particularly problematic as the newest version is not compatible with older versions in multiplayer. So if you don't use Galaxy but a fellow co-op player does and their client autoupdated the game, you would have to download and reinstall the whole game again, 13 files, 40 gb. This is not okay.

From what I gather due to an older post of Larian, the offline installers are GOG's responsibility. I already wrote a ticket, but with support constantly being overwhelmed, I don't expect this to be resolved very quickly, if at all. :/

EDIT: It seems to be completely fixed now (October 22).
Post edited October 22, 2021 by Leroux
Leroux: From what I gather due to an older post of Larian, the offline installers are GOG's responsibility. I already wrote a ticket, but with support constantly being overwhelmed, I don't expect this to be resolved very quickly, if at all. :/
That's my understanding too. Devs can update the game themselves and that shows up on Galaxy immediately, but GOG then needs to take that update and package it for an installer. You'd think they would have written something to automate that by now?
It's the old "teach a man to fish" thing. If they'd used some of the time they use making the installers to write a script to create the installers instead...
low rated
Leroux: Divinity: Original Sin 2 DE received an update on the 8th of September, so more than a month ago - it's even in the Changelog. But once again, GOG provided no offline patch from the last version to the current one. Which is particularly problematic as the newest version is not compatible with older versions in multiplayer. So if you don't use Galaxy but a fellow co-op player does and their client autoupdated the game, you would have to download and reinstall the whole game again, 13 files, 40 gb. This is not okay.

From what I gather due to an older post of Larian, the offline installers are GOG's responsibility. I already wrote a ticket, but with support constantly being overwhelmed, I don't expect this to be resolved very quickly, if at all. :/
I just checked and there is a patch to update to the latest version. I can patch to the latest version or download the full game at the latest version. Maybe it's an issue in your region?
my name is supyreor catte: That's my understanding too. Devs can update the game themselves and that shows up on Galaxy immediately, but GOG then needs to take that update and package it for an installer. You'd think they would have written something to automate that by now?
It's the old "teach a man to fish" thing. If they'd used some of the time they use making the installers to write a script to create the installers instead...
Offline installers are already automatically created... GOG has said this before on these forums, and I've been personally told the same by support representatives.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by TomNuke
TomNuke: I just checked and there is a patch to update to the latest version. I can patch to the latest version or download the full game at the latest version. Maybe it's an issue in your region?
Oh, you're right. Maybe they did fix it quickly due my complaint, after all? Or it's a website bug with the display of the offline installers? The list is often cut-off at the bottom the first time I call it and I have to refresh the page in order to be able to scroll down.

Last time I checked there were only patches up to version 3.6.69 and one patch "3.6.117.3735_prelauncherfix to 3.6.117.3735". Now I see a "3.6.69... to 3.6.117.3735_prelauncherfix", but no "3.6.117.3735_prelauncherfix to 3.6.117.3735" anymore. Can you see both?
TomNuke: Offline installers are already automatically created... GOG has said this before on these forums, and I've been personally told the same by support representatives.
What could possibly cause such a holdup then? If it's not incompetence then it must be laziness.
TomNuke: Offline installers are already automatically created... GOG has said this before on these forums, and I've been personally told the same by support representatives.
my name is supyreor catte: What could possibly cause such a holdup then? If it's not incompetence then it must be laziness.
They are automatically created, but not uploaded. I assume that someone from GOG has to take the automatically generated installer and upload it instead of the older one.
my name is supyreor catte: What could possibly cause such a holdup then? If it's not incompetence then it must be laziness.
idbeholdME: They are automatically created, but not uploaded. I assume that someone from GOG has to take the automatically generated installer and upload it instead of the older one.
Well that should be easier to automate than building the installer - even then it's hardly a time-consuming task so a lack of automation isn't a good excuse for the delays.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte
idbeholdME: They are automatically created, but not uploaded. I assume that someone from GOG has to take the automatically generated installer and upload it instead of the older one.
my name is supyreor catte: Well that should be easier to automate than building the installer - even then it's hardly a time-consuming task so a lack of automation isn't a good excuse for the delays.
It is not, but it is an area where a human error can occur. Which is what I think is the root of the problems. I assume that a person has to manually upload it using whatever system they have for that, maybe test the installer beforehand if it built correctly and installs without issues etc. A human can forget about it, have a vacation when the new update happens etc.

I am only guessing but I think human error is the root cause here.
idbeholdME: It is not, but it is an area where a human error can occur. Which is what I think is the root of the problems. I assume that a person has to manually upload it using whatever system they have for that, maybe test the installer beforehand if it built correctly and installs without issues etc. A human can forget about it, have a vacation when the new update happens etc.

I am only guessing but I think human error is the root cause here.
It usually is, for various reasons.

Sometimes, the tooling you have is just not very conductive to automation.

Its counter-intuitive, but user interfaces are the foe of automation. It looks fancy, it looks like progress, but what a user-interface really means is: Its gotta look nice, because we're designing this in such a way that a human will manually be doing that.

If GOG didn't provide the right API to automate (and I honestly don't know), that's on them.

But even if they did, its a sad truth that a lot of devs are operationally incompetent. They make a living writing self-running software, but automating their own manual operations when processing their software (building, pushing, deploying, etc) is something that doesn't dawn on most of them and hence, this is why they pay guys like me the big bucks.

Just for me to go in and say: "No Roger, you're not gonna build this binary and push it on the registry manually. You're gonna commit it in git, a pipeline is gonna run, the tests are gonna pass, and some automation will push it". Expand this mindset to all the operations (configurations for various things, virtual machines, container orchestrations, etc) and this is probably 2/3 of what I do.

If we could do that everywhere, the reliability of systems on the internet would improve significantly, but I digress.
low rated
Dude... re-read what you just wrote. You make a statement like "They are automatically created, but not uploaded" Okay, but the very next thing you say is "I assume that someone from GOG....".

It's all automated. I've been told this personally by GOG tech support. There are occasions where there's a snag and human intervention is required, but outside of those issues the entire process is automated. Those are basically words directly out of supports mouth.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by TomNuke
TomNuke: Dude... re-read what you just wrote. You make a statement like "They are automatically created, but not uploaded" Okay, but the very next thing you say is "I assume that someone from GOG....".
Yes, the build process when the dev submits an update is automated, but the upload of the built installer to the server to make it available for download is not. If it was, they would be available for download the moment they finish building. But instead, there is always a delay for offline installers.
low rated
idbeholdME: Yes, the build process when the dev submits an update is automated, but the upload of the built installer to the server to make it available for download is not. If it was, they would be available for download the moment they finish building. But instead, there is always a delay for offline installers.
You're assuming that's what going on, but you don't know. You said that yourself.

GOG Tech Support told me personally the entire process is automated, and there's no human involvement unless there's a snag somewhere in the process.

There's a delay for offline installers with new updates because everything is put into a queue to be built and uploaded. Sometimes that delay is longer than others because of the QUEUE.

There's almost never a delay for offline installers on brand new releases because those games are already in the system and just waiting to "unlock"
Post edited October 22, 2021 by TomNuke