It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BKGaming: Apparently Parkitect just updated and is now using GOG's new tool to update their game. The claim the same as what GOG stated in this thread, they can update the GOG build with a single click.

If the devs of Parkitect can do it, devs have no fucking excuses...

http://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/174825836292/devlog-update-198
i mentioned the out of date build to "the way" devs and the game was updated within an hour or two, backup installers as well. so i suspect they used the galaxy devtools as well.
BKGaming: Apparently Parkitect just updated and is now using GOG's new tool to update their game. The claim the same as what GOG stated in this thread, they can update the GOG build with a single click.

If GOG is as bad at communicating with their partners as they sometimes tend to be with their customers (and there's every indication that they are), many other devs and publishers may not have any clue about these tools until and unless some random person tells them. Doesn't help that the tools exist if they don't publicize them well, including with partners they already had before those tools were developed.

I remember seeing a few mentions a while ago by blues that some devs were using the system but not all of them. From the blue post above it seems they contacted them to get them into the system

To me it sounds like it simply hasn't been rolled out to all the devs yet.

HunchBluntley: If GOG is as bad at communicating with their partners as they sometimes tend to be with their customers (and there's every indication that they are), many other devs and publishers may not have any clue about these tools until and unless some random person tells them. Doesn't help that the tools exist if they don't publicize them well, including with partners they already had before those tools were developed.
Ok, so in that regard we could definitely blame GAG and the installers or some part of them are their responsibilities as well but once GAG lets the developer know, then it's the developers' responsibility to update. It goes back to the age old saying: Relationships are a two way street.
Ya i'm still kinda confused about what's going on in this thread as well.
Point_Man: Ya i'm still kinda confused about what's going on in this thread as well.
You're right. That just raises more questions than it answers. On a slight bright side as long as the game is stable and working like it's supposed to, that's one thing you could be thankful for.
Point_Man: Ya i'm still kinda confused about what's going on in this thread as well.
Sounds to me like they didn't have access to the latest tools and features and are now getting access. Especially since they said "Wording of conversations we've had also made it seem like albeit we're going to be able to not have to wait for approval for future builds..."

I do wonder how Linux is handled though with this new system. Can devs upload Linux builds at the same time using these new tools or is Linux updates still being handled the "old" way. If it's the latter, this may cause more games not to release on Linux or for Linux builds not to get updated.
low rated
BKGaming: Sounds to me like they didn't have access to the latest tools and features and are now getting access. Especially since they said "Wording of conversations we've had also made it seem like albeit we're going to be able to not have to wait for approval for future builds..."

I do wonder how Linux is handled though with this new system. Can devs upload Linux builds at the same time using these new tools or is Linux updates still being handled the "old" way. If it's the latter, this may cause more games not to release on Linux or for Linux builds not to get updated.
Well, what does GOG use for the linux build? Their own code? I imagine it should be easier to integrate. I really don't feel like vimming one of the installers through ssh to check , though.
high rated
JudasIscariot: As for Dead in Vinland, we are actually working with the developer as I write this so they can start updating the game on their own schedule like they would basically on Steam.
Ulf2016: Top. GOG - Version 1.02, Steam-Version 1.05 from 24. Apr.

Elex-Patch (User Eisberg, Post #146):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/411300/discussions/0/1620599015861245549/?ctp=10#c1697168437863237293
Hi,

I've confirmed with THQ Nordic that there is no difference between the Steam version 1.05 of the game and our version 1.02. The 1.05 update was a Steam-related fix which does not apply to the GOG version :)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/411300/discussions/0/1620599015861245549/?ctp=10#c1697168437863237293
JudasIscariot: Hi,

I've confirmed with THQ Nordic that there is no difference between the Steam version 1.05 of the game and our version 1.02. The 1.05 update was a Steam-related fix which does not apply to the GOG version :)
hey, thanks for that!

JudasIscariot: Hi,

Recently i asked the Hand of Fate devs to update the GOG build of the game to match the Steam version. They said they would update the GOG build to match the Steam version. They recently updated the GOG version from 1.3.18 to 1.3.19. The Steam version is 1.3.20. I asked them if that version is patched for something Steam specific that doesn't apply to the GOG version but got no reply yet.

If it's possible maybe you guys can ask the devs if it's a similar case to Elex where the difference in version number is due to fixes related to the Steam version or if the GOG version is still behind the Steam version?
Thanks for the answer.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Ulf2016
JudasIscariot: For the Elex patch of March, there is no information?
The patch was probably only for Steam?

Thanks for the answer.
That is great news. I'm glad it's only related to Steam and nothing related to the game in general.
vidsgame:
There is still no answer to the March update for Elex, whether GOG gets this update too.
vidsgame:
Ulf2016: There is still no answer to the March update for Elex, whether GOG gets this update too.
He said: 've confirmed with THQ Nordic that there is no difference between the Steam version 1.05 of the game and our version 1.02. The 1.05 update was a Steam-related fix which does not apply to the GOG version :)

So that should mean there is no difference between the Steam version and the GOG version which means Elex is updated, right? Am I missing something here?