It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Life is good again. Thank you, adaliabooks. +lots.
adaliabooks: Right. I'm a complete moron. [...]
HypersomniacLive: You're just saying that to conceal the fact that you're scummy.

Cheers for the update, though I haven't tried it yet.
No problem guys, just glad I got it working again. Some new features should hopefully arrive at some point between now and the end of next week.
Right, we have another update. As requested I've added the capability to search multiple terms using both an AND and OR operator.
The AND operator is &, see the first post for full details.

And as usual please let me know if there are any bugs / errors or it doesn't work as expected.
adaliabooks: Right, we have another update. As requested I've added the capability to search multiple terms using both an AND and OR operator.

And as usual please let me know if there are any bugs / errors or it doesn't work as expected.
Got the update, haven't tried it yet. One suggestion: have you considered having some kind of escape character so that someone can search for semicolons and the AND operator?
adaliabooks: Right, we have another update. As requested I've added the capability to search multiple terms using both an AND and OR operator.

Bookwyrm627: Got the update, haven't tried it yet. One suggestion: have you considered having some kind of escape character so that someone can search for semicolons and the AND operator?
Yeah, I can look into it, I imagine it should be possible..
adaliabooks: Yeah, I can look into it, I imagine it should be possible..
Naturally your escape operator would need to work on itself. Ah programming, such fun sometimes.
Briefly tested v.0.4.7 on the mafia game thread. Works smoothly, cheers.

For some reason, did not update automatically from 0.4.6 to 0.4.7. Had to do a "find updates". No big deal as I monitor this thread regularly.

Otherwise looks good and works great. Cheers.

P.S. I believe the script is mature enough to warrant a 1.x.x version number. Good show, adaliabooks.
mrkgnao: For some reason, did not update automatically from 0.4.6 to 0.4.7. Had to do a "find updates". No big deal as I monitor this thread regularly.

Otherwise looks good and works great. Cheers.

P.S. I believe the script is mature enough to warrant a 1.x.x version number. Good show, adaliabooks.
Hmmm, not sure... the version numbers should be right... you hadn't made any edits to it had you? I think that stops auto updates..

Yeah, I was kind of holding out for finding a way to search the contents of threads before going to a full version 1, but it's not looking too likely that that will be possible so I might go version 1 with the next update (which should hopefully be adding search term highlights and some kind of abort function)
Right, I've added the option to highlight your search terms in the results and updated to version 1.0 :)

Just tick the check box if you want to highlight (it's disabled by default, I might look into saving your configuration so that it will remember what boxes you ticked for your last search)

As for an abort feature... I'm not sure exactly how possible it is, it is possible to abort the AJAX requests, but apparently that basically means you ignore the results, but the request can still go through server side... I don't really know enough javascript and networking stuff to know exactly what that would mean, but it might be that it would cancel the search but not stop it slowing up your computer..
Would a pop up that asks if you sure you want to search over 300 pages (or something similar) be enough? That way you could abort the search before it even starts.

I've tried to find a solution to let you search more than than the 500 page maximum it currently allows, but tests showed my idea didn't work and I ended up locking myself out of the forum last night by making too many requests... I'll keep working on it though.
I do have an idea on how to find threads based on the contents of them (although it wouldn't work for users, only post content) which basically involves running the site search on each thread and seeing if that returns any results and including the thread if it does, so I might try that and see how it goes.
adaliabooks: Right, I've added the option to highlight your search terms in the results and updated to version 1.0 :)
Looks good. Cheers and congrats.

adaliabooks: Just tick the check box if you want to highlight (it's disabled by default, I might look into saving your configuration so that it will remember what boxes you ticked for your last search)
It would be very nice to be able to save one's configuration, as I expect I would want to run every search with highlighting set (and will forget to check it 90% of the time). Based on BE experience, you should probably save settings in the userscript's storage and not in the browser's localStorage (see and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/barefoot_essentials_2_gogcom_enhancement/post786]here).

adaliabooks: As for an abort feature... I'm not sure exactly how possible it is, it is possible to abort the AJAX requests, but apparently that basically means you ignore the results, but the request can still go through server side... I don't really know enough javascript and networking stuff to know exactly what that would mean, but it might be that it would cancel the search but not stop it slowing up your computer..
Would a pop up that asks if you sure you want to search over 300 pages (or something similar) be enough? That way you could abort the search before it even starts.
Yes. The pop up would be enough for me, although I recommend a much lower value for the warning, say 100 or 69 pages. Remember that the entire "what did just update" thread is 199 pages for me and the whole "general discussion" forum is at the moment merely 162 pages for me, so a 300 setting would be meaningless.

adaliabooks: I've tried to find a solution to let you search more than than the 500 page maximum it currently allows, but tests showed my idea didn't work and I ended up locking myself out of the forum last night by making too many requests... I'll keep working on it though.
I do have an idea on how to find threads based on the contents of them (although it wouldn't work for users, only post content) which basically involves running the site search on each thread and seeing if that returns any results and including the thread if it does, so I might try that and see how it goes.
That's a nifty idea, but remember that:
1) GOG puts a limit on the number of results it returns (199 for threads within a forum; 100 for posts within a thread)
2) GOG treats multi-word searches (e.g. aaa bbb ccc) differently than you do. Their default is to search for each word separately (e.g. aaa OR bbb OR ccc), not for the multi-word string as you do. To search for a multi-word string one needs to use double quotes.
3) GOG treats single-word search differently than you do. They search only for whole words (e.g. will not find setting when searching for set), whereas you search for any match.
4) GOG ignores many non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. you cannot search for "English+French+German+Italian+Spanish" because GOG ignores the "+" characters (replaces it with space)
5) GOG does not allow search terms shorter than 3 characters (had to change my reports in the "Good News Price Updates" threads to allow people to search for region names (e.g. from DE to regDE)).

Needless to say, your approach is a lot more user-friendly than GOG's (at least for me).

If you go this way, I would also recommend a pop-up warning if the number of threads identified by GOG is high, before embarking on the second phase of you searching within the GOG-picked threads.
mrkgnao: snip
I'll look into the user script storage for preferences, I presume it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Ah, good point. I'll set the warning for 75 maybe. Although presumably having more posts per page and less pages the searches should be quicker anyway as I think it's more pages that causes trouble...

It was just a thought really, as other than indexing the whole forum myself (not really an option at the moment) I can't think of a way to search thread content that wouldn't take ages (assuming I could even get it to make the required number of AJAX requests without breaking...)
But I'll keep thinking about it and maybe give my idea a try.
Script auto-updated to v1.0 - congrats, adaliabooks!

I did a search in the mafia thread and got my results just fine. I then run a second search without refreshing,the thread. While it seemed to perform the search (cleared the page from the posts), when it finished I got the results of my first search. It kind of felt as if it just refreshed the results page I was viewing.
After refreshing the thread and running my second search again, I got the correct results.

So, is it necessary to refresh a thread before performing consecutive searches?
HypersomniacLive: Script auto-updated to v1.0 - congrats, adaliabooks!

I did a search in the mafia thread and got my results just fine. I then run a second search without refreshing,the thread. While it seemed to perform the search (cleared the page from the posts), when it finished I got the results of my first search. It kind of felt as if it just refreshed the results page I was viewing.
After refreshing the thread and running my second search again, I got the correct results.

It shouldn't be, thanks Hyper I'll look into that.
HypersomniacLive: Script auto-updated to v1.0 - congrats, adaliabooks!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've tested the search in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't need to refresh between searches, the results are showing correctly. Are you still getting problems?
adaliabooks: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've tested the search in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't need to refresh between searches, the results are showing correctly. Are you still getting problems?
My turn to apologise for the delay.

It'd appear it was a one time fluke or something, script works great!