It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So Airship Syndicate, the developers of Battle Chasers: NIghtware have silently removed their Linux support only few hours before the release, both here and on GOG.
That was one of the reasons I was looking forward to the game, but now have requested a refund. I can understand that shortly before a release it can get quite tense for developers and postponing a version is not that unusual, but silently doing it is a no go.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/battle-chasers-nightwar-has-silently-removed-mentions-of-linux-support-a-few-hours-before-release.10464

Thoughts? Or an explanation? Anything?
Business as usual :-( A however brief statement about it informing whether it is delayed or shelved would be nice though.

EDIT: Good such a statement did show up later :-)
Post edited October 03, 2017 by Themken
Sok4R: So Airship Syndicate, the developers of Battle Chasers: NIghtware have silently removed their Linux support only few hours before the release, both here and on GOG.
Not sure what it means silent, since the release didn't happen yet, but see the update to the article. Developers explained it:

I'm very sorry we couldn't get the Linux version ready by launch. We're a small indie developer, and we just didn't have the resources to get it in a state we felt players would be happy with by launch.

We had asked our publisher to pull down the Linux platform last week from Steam and GoG, but unfortunately it didn't happen until yesterday. If you preordered hoping to play Linux day one, please feel free to get a refund. Let us know if you have any trouble there and we'll help get it sorted out.

We are working on the Linux version and hope to have it in decent shape in the next few weeks.

So sorry, guys!
GOG however should put that into the upcoming release page instead of being silent then.
Post edited October 03, 2017 by shmerl
Sok4R: So Airship Syndicate, the developers of Battle Chasers: NIghtware have silently removed their Linux support only few hours before the release, both here and on GOG.
shmerl: Not sure what it means silent, since the release didn't happen yet, but see the update to the article. Developers explained it:
By silence I meant that until yesterday the shop page stated the Linux version will be available, then it was removed without any message.

I'm very sorry we couldn't get the Linux version ready by launch. We're a small indie developer, and we just didn't have the resources to get it in a state we felt players would be happy with by launch.

We had asked our publisher to pull down the Linux platform last week from Steam and GoG, but unfortunately it didn't happen until yesterday. If you preordered hoping to play Linux day one, please feel free to get a refund. Let us know if you have any trouble there and we'll help get it sorted out.

We are working on the Linux version and hope to have it in decent shape in the next few weeks.

So sorry, guys!
Sok4R: GOG however should put that into the upcoming release page instead of being silent then.
That should clear it up, timing was very unfortunate. I didn't see the message anywhere, so I assumed they just pulled the Linux port, which wouldn't be the first time this happening to a game.
But its good to hear they are still working on it. I can understand it giving Linux' small marketshare that they focus on other platforms, but a heads up would have been nice.
Observer just got a Linux release on Steam. Is it missing here on GOG because of Galaxy or not? The game doesn't look multiplayer to me.
GOG, please tell us - are you even still really working on GOG Galaxy for Linux?

Quite a lot of time has passed from the release of the windows version, and not only we have yet to receive it, there were LITERALLY no news regarding the work being done. Nothing.

Why don't you just get it over with and at least release not even an open beta, but an open alpha. It would be better than nothing. With all the bug reports from various Linux users the work would go a lot more smoothly I bet.

Just please be at least a little bit more open about - If you are, you won't receive a backlash from the community for only an alpha. Just say that you knew a lot of people were eager to try it, so you decided to play santa.

Heh, sorry for my rambling post. One can only dream :(

CD Projekt supporting Linux more (Cyberpunk 2077 for Linux, I beg you) would make me indescribably happy.

I really would prefer if my money went to you instead of Steam, but you're not making it easy for me :(

There is a million things you could do. You could even make Linux users buy more windows games for usage via wine, if you made some kind of interface enabling a GOG user to distribute a winebottle configured by him for free bundled with game files (you'd have to own a given game to use it ofc). Yes GOG - you don't even have to put much manpower on it.

People are already putting scripts on GOG forums that use the GOG installer to create a functioning winebottle, so it's 100% guaranteed some people would use that site feature, as it lowers the 'hassle curve' of using win software via wine, thus resulting in more sales from Linux users (especially on games with known quality packages).

Simply explicitly label it as an experimental community feature with no support guaranteed (so that people don't blame you if a package made by some user is not working).

I stopped buying windows software, but a feature like that might even make such one as myself buy some games for wine gaming.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by DrYaboll
DrYaboll: GOG, please tell us - are you even still really working on GOG Galaxy for Linux?
They already said they aren't currently working on it, since it's not a priority and their Galaxy team has limited resources (may be not enough developers).
DrYaboll: GOG, please tell us - are you even still really working on GOG Galaxy for Linux?
shmerl: They already said they aren't currently working on it, since it's not a priority and their Galaxy team has limited resources (may be not enough developers).
Bummer, so it even is confirmed that they're not working on it. I thought it was 'in progress' ...

Oh well, maybe we'll get it soon before Half Life 3 is released.
DrYaboll: Oh well, maybe we'll get it soon before Half Life 3 is released.
More likely, soon™ after… :(

Seriously, though, if it wasn't for games unavailable due to Galaxy dependencies I would say I'm happy Galaxy is not on Linux. We do not need the same intrusive Galaxy pushing Windows-gamers got with that installer bundeling.
DrYaboll: Oh well, maybe we'll get it soon before Half Life 3 is released.
Alm888: More likely, soon™ after… :(

Seriously, though, if it wasn't for games unavailable due to Galaxy dependencies I would say I'm happy Galaxy is not on Linux. We do not need the same intrusive Galaxy pushing Windows-gamers got with that installer bundeling.
We're a lucky bunch in this particular case. The classic installers are awesome. :-)
So now it happened, Skype for Linux does not work at all anymore. I knew it was bad news when Microsoft bought them. Now to find a replacement and convince everyone else to change too so it needs to work on Linux, Windows, OSX, Android, iOS.... sigh!

EDIT: Seems I needed to uninstall the old version and install the new one, no update path.
Post edited November 28, 2017 by Themken
Hello folks,

I posted a couple of replies to some popular Linux-related questions about GOG on /r/linux_gaming subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/7fqucp/release_the_gog_galaxy_client_for_linux/

Feel free to join the discussion or contact me using the direct message system. I will do my best to reply regularly from now on.
Linux Mint 18.3 has arrived.
linuxvangog: Hello folks,

I posted a couple of replies to some popular Linux-related questions about GOG on /r/linux_gaming subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/7fqucp/release_the_gog_galaxy_client_for_linux/

Feel free to join the discussion or contact me using the direct message system. I will do my best to reply regularly from now on.
Read your reddit post, I don't want to sound rude but everything you said was almost the same thing as a few months ago and the "and it won't happen in near future." part is just overkill.

With that said however, it's not all doom and gloom, lately I have noticed many games that are already on GOG getting the Linux version and for that you have my thanks and support. I really appreciate the effort.

Themken: So now it happened, Skype for Linux does not work at all anymore. I knew it was bad news when Microsoft bought them. Now to find a replacement and convince everyone else to change too so it needs to work on Linux, Windows, OSX, Android, iOS.... sigh!
I'm running the new Skype beta client on Mint 18.1 without issues. DL Link
linuxvangog: Feel free to join the discussion or contact me using the direct message system. I will do my best to reply regularly from now on.
Thanks for more communication lately :) That's a pleasant improvement. Can you elaborate please, is it a general effort to improve communication by GOG, or it's specific for your team and Linux in particular?

Ganni1987: and the "and it won't happen in near future." part is just overkill.
I think it helps setting realistic expectations. People constantly expecting Galaxy to come out tomorrow probably shouldn't expect that.
Post edited November 28, 2017 by shmerl