It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are genres that changed the landscape of PC gaming forever. Among them, first-person shooters deserve a special place, giving birth to the entire game culture and entertaining gamers around the world to this day.

Doom – 1993
Where do we start? Saying that the FPS developed by John Romero and John Carmack is a cult game is like stating that the sun is warm. Although not the first of its kind, Doom changed the way people perceive games forever. Not only did this title give gamers a dark atmosphere filled with blood-soaked action (BFG anyone?). Doom’s deathmatch mode made multiplayer gaming a global phenomenon.

Prey – 2017
This hugely entertaining sci-fi game from Arkane Studios is a perfect example of a modern first-person shooter. Prey uses modern tools of storytelling and mixes them with dynamic action and more than just a few scares. Moreover, the game allows you to upgrade the skills of your character, giving gamers an RPG-like flavor during each playthrough.

Check out more exciting FPS games in our [url= https://www.gog.com/promo/ 2022_summer_sale_action?utm_medium=editorial&utm_source=content&utm_campaign=2022060_summer_sale_gog&utm_term= EN]Action Collection[/url] during this Summer Sale on GOG!
In the news, the link to the collection has a space just before 2022_summer_sale_action and doesn't work because of that.

ooops

And the forum link is as usual... ;)
Too bad we'll never see the real Prey release here or on any other platform any time soon (or ever). :/
Post edited June 14, 2022 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: Too bad we'll never see the real Prey release here or on any other platform any time soon (or ever). :/
If you can find one on Ebay, etc, official patch v1.4 removes the SecuROM disc-check from the disc version of Prey (2006). I can confirm it then runs DRM-Free without issue.
I managed to pick up a NOS (New Old Stock) DVD copy on eBay for $12 CAD. This game is nothing but a 6-hour setpiece; I didn't have time to slow down and catch my breath because the game wouldn't let me! It is worth whatever you pay for it.
Well, in my case I'd like to see Prey 2006 and Doom64 for PC on GOG. Maybe one day...
You need Prey from 2006, not 2017.
NuffCatnip: Too bad we'll never see the real Prey release here or on any other platform any time soon (or ever). :/
AB2012: If you can find one on Ebay, etc, official patch v1.4 removes the SecuROM disc-check from the disc version of Prey (2006). I can confirm it then runs DRM-Free without issue.
Thanks, I didn't know it's DRM-free.
I thought about getting another copy, my original disk is badly scratched and won't read anymore. Will copy the files to an external drive this time, should I buy a physical copy. :)
First of all here's a working link: https://www.gog.com/promo/2022_summer_sale_action

I recommend Forgive Me Father and Severed Steel from this list because they are great and more people should be playing them.

If you haven't played them yet check also out:

AMID EVIL
DUSK
Ghostrunner
Ion Fury
Project Warlock
PowerSlave Exhumed
Post edited June 14, 2022 by Berzerk2k2
Prey isn´t shooter, that´s an immersive sim.
Well, this was certainly a thing that was written. Woah
Linko64: Well, this was certainly a thing that was written. Woah
Yeah... these "articles", not sure what to call them honestly, have been lacking in, uh... words? xD
Berzerk2k2: First of all here's a working link: https://www.gog.com/promo/2022_summer_sale_action

I recommend Forgive Me Father and Severed Steel from this list because they are great and more people should be playing them.

If you haven't played them yet check also out:

AMID EVIL
DUSK
Ghostrunner
Ion Fury
Project Warlock
PowerSlave Exhumed
I also recommend Ion Fury, including the awesome soundtrack by Jarkko Rotstén (I'm actually listening to it as I type this lol).
Powerslave aka Exhumed is also a good recommendation in my opinion.
Post edited June 14, 2022 by Waganari
low rated
If someone is gonna change it, I hope its Doom Eternal. Its cool as heck.