It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This time let’s take at one of the most popular game genres of all time. As we will see, almost everything changed in RPGs during these few past decades.

Betrayal at Krondor – 1993
Among many cRPGs, this gem from Dynamix truly stands out. The story in Betrayal at Krondor was based on the works by Raymond E. Feist and it showed, as the game had a truly epic, multi-layered narrative. Although its visuals might seem crude today, it was one of the first RPGs to give gamers relative freedom in exploring the vast open world it presented.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 – 2017
Over two decades have passed, and the RPG landscape changed completely. Divinity: Original Sin 2 from Larian Studios not only offers us stunning visuals and a captivating story. You also have far bigger freedom in forming your party than in the past, as well as observing the evolving relations between its members. Throw in a cooperative multiplayer option and you’ll receive a truly enchanting face of modern role-playing games.

Check out more exceptional role-playing games in our [url= https://www.gog.com/promo/2022_summer_sale_rpg?utm_medium=editorial&utm_source=content&utm_campaign=2022060_su mmer_sale_gog&utm_term=EN]RPG Collection[/url] during this Summer Sale on GOG!
high rated
These comparisons are always so random.
for y in (1993, 2017):
random.choice([g for g in games where g.year = y and g.subgenre = 'crpg'])
Post edited June 16, 2022 by lupineshadow
At least in this case they picked one of the very best from the early 90s, and I'd dare say the 90s as a whole, though here the competition is fierce.
And apparently a good one from the 2010s too, though I'm yet to play it to be able to say for myself.