It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Marioface5: Could be a sign that GOG is actually improving with their curation.
Or that it eventually aligned with their release schedule.
Marioface5: Could be a sign that GOG is actually improving with their curation.
Grargar: Or that it eventually aligned with their release schedule.
Their original rejection reason was supposedly that it looked too casual, so if they're releasing it now then they must have changed their mind on that. Besides, I recall several weeks in 2017 alone where there were plenty of opportunities to release games and we simply got nothing, so I'm doubtful that GOG's release schedule really has anything to do with game rejection at this point. Of course, as usual with GOG, it's impossible to say for certain one way or the other.
Marioface5: Their original rejection reason was supposedly that it looked too casual, so if they're releasing it now then they must have changed their mind on that.
Supposedly being the key word.
Marioface5: Besides, I recall several weeks in 2017 alone where there were plenty of opportunities to release games and we simply got nothing, so I'm doubtful that GOG's release schedule really has anything to do with game rejection at this point.
Or it totally does. Weeks without releases can still be scheduled for whatever reasons they want (holidays, big sales, maintenance, preparations, etc.). GOG, unlike Steam, has to support the games by themselves and if staff members are missing, releases can suffer (even more than usual).
Marioface5: Of course, as usual with GOG, it's impossible to say for certain one way or the other.
As long as GOG has a direct hands-on with the releases, I'll bet you $10 that there will be another "Opus Magnum" before the end of the year. And next year. And the year after that, and so on.
Pretty interested in Cook, Serve, etc.

CarrionCrow (miss ya if you still keep tabs on this place!) used to talk about it a bit and it always sounded interesting in a funky albeit frustrating kind of way.

Sickly enough, I'm also interested in that weird cooking / battle game that just released recently (I forget the name - actually had sort of forgotten about the game until I saw CSD being mentioned).
Ixamyakxim: Sickly enough, I'm also interested in that weird cooking / battle game that just released recently (I forget the name - actually had sort of forgotten about the game until I saw CSD being mentioned).
Battle Chef Brigade! It's pretty cool.
Me: (Asking Zach from Zachtronics via e-mail if he could gift me a DRM free Humble Bundle key of Opus Magnum if I purchased it on Steam, since Humble Bundle doesn't accept Paysafecard which is my only means of payment).

I don’t have the ability to give out Humble Bundle keys, unfortunately. We should have the game available on another store in about a week, so you should check back with me then.

- Zach

Me: A DRM free store?

Yup!

- Zach
1mikey1: [....]

Yup!
- Zach
Ooooh. Very interesting :3 I hope it will be here :D
Post edited January 13, 2018 by Splatsch
itch.io
Bigs: itch.io
Yeah, I realized that after reading his twitter. Too bad GOG is retarded.
Hmmm... Zachtronics only has Spacechem on itch.io. It it's there where they'll put Opus Magnum, they could put the rest of their catalog as well.

PS: I still have hopes of seeing it here.
1mikey1: [....]

Yup!
- Zach
Splatsch: Ooooh. Very interesting :3 I hope it will be here :D
I would really love to sometimes get this topic back to what it was supposed to do!
Just like in the title, "CONFIRMED for release on GOG in the future"

I'm not blaming you personal, MOST of the posts here became "maybe's" or just wild guesses like in this case. It was said in another topic on the forum that because of GOG's curation decision, this game won't come on gog. Making a post here that it will, because he said "A drm free store" isn't a confirmation.

People, let's try to get back on track. We could say that a gog release is CONFIRMED or LIKELY, if:

* you find a GOG logo in a gametrailer
* a developer says on social media/their homepage that it will (most likely) come to GOG (Drm-free store /store is not enough=
* the developers talked somewhere else (interviews) that they talked with GOG about their next release

Did I forget anything?
Pawel1995: I would really love to sometimes get this topic back to what it was supposed to do!
[...]
Did I forget anything?
No no, I understand your reaction.
This thread is very useful & interesting, so it's better to not derail it too much, I do agree with you (especially because it can be a long discussion again).

Edit: Here is the main thread about Opus Magnum for people willing to discuss about its release !

Edit2 : After thinking a bit more : it was supposed to be an "unofficially confirmed" game... That's why people like me who were awaiting it are talking about it again in this thread with some hope when there is a chance that GOG comes back on its decision. And it raises the curation point too.
BUT I'm not saying that to start the debate again, simply to say... that it's logical that we're talking a bit about it here (I think).
Post edited January 14, 2018 by Splatsch
low rated
Splatsch: Ooooh. Very interesting :3 I hope it will be here :D
Pawel1995: I would really love to sometimes get this topic back to what it was supposed to do!

I'm not blaming you personal, MOST of the posts here became "maybe's" or just wild guesses like in this case. It was said in another topic on the forum that because of GOG's curation decision, this game won't come on gog. Making a post here that it will, because he said "A drm free store" isn't a confirmation.

People, let's try to get back on track. We could say that a gog release is CONFIRMED or LIKELY, if:

* a developer says on social media/their homepage that it will (most likely) come to GOG (Drm-free store /store is not enough=
* the developers talked somewhere else (interviews) that they talked with GOG about their next release

Did I forget anything?
I was told to post the info here by a friend of mine. I couldn't give a f**k about a salty idiot like you tbh.
Pawel1995: People, let's try to get back on track. We could say that a gog release is CONFIRMED or LIKELY, if:

Did I forget anything?
*) The developer or publisher is known to bring pretty much all (or at least most) of their games to GOG like for example THQ Nordic.
high rated
Hey guys!

I don't know if that's already been reported but more games from Crytivo ( the universim) will be coming to gog apparently:

- Prehistoric Kingdom ( https://crytivo.com/en/prehistoric-kingdom) which I backed on Kickstarter and looks awesome (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536990940/prehistoric-kingdom?lang=fr)

-Goblins of elderstone (https://crytivo.com/en/goblins-of-elderstone)

-Cefore ( https://crytivo.com/en/cefore)

-Carried away (https://crytivo.com/en/carried-away)

If you look closely on the pages of these games, it is written that it'll be available on GOG ( along Steam, Humble and Crytivo store)

Cool releases on the way :)
Post edited January 14, 2018 by wcdeadpool